why did it take this long for schotty to wake up?

johnny green balls

Sorry i find it disturbing when someone calls out the OC after a great game plan

Sorry to say i do not want a New OC and a new playbook for entire offense to

digest, specially Mark

Sorry i enjoy my team, this should be a day for happiness not dumping on Schott

Who died and made you king of the internets? It isn't your place to dictate what can and can not be said on a message board. Especially when it is the truth. If you have a problem start your own jets message board and you, 128 and dwc can circlejerk everything and have 50 threads a day about how Kerry Rhodes is the toughest and fastest safety in the history of the NFL.

Another ridiculous comment

A few weeks ago you were screaming that Kellen Clemens should be starting/or we should have signed Jeff Garcia

Now Schotty still sucks. Gimme a break.

I'd love you to find that post from a few weeks ago. There's a free search here so it shouldn't be a problem.

The success rate of QB's who get thrown right in after so little experience are painfully low. The success rate is far higher for those who get eased in. Most of the star QB's in the game went that route.

And if you are happier with Clemens or Ainge on the roster over Jeff Garcia, to aid in the development of a top-5 pick QB or come into the game when he looked totally lost, then I wouldn't go bragging about it.

Last thing we want is new playbook. I assume Sperm is asking for Callahan and same playbook. If not, HUGE mistake for 2010.

I have no idea what this guy wants, he wanted Garcia? That is enough for me to know

he should be serving donuts at Dunkin

I went back to prior game threads and he was always criticizing Mark.

A new playbook would be awful in my opinion

Last thing we want is new playbook. I assume Sperm is asking for Callahan and same playbook. If not, HUGE mistake for 2010.

I do not suffer from Fear Of Worse Syndrome, my friend.

But between the two, yes, I'd rather have Callahan. Particularly if he would get nabbed by someone else to be an OC after this season. That alone wouldn't be a good enough reason to promote him, but if it meant Schotteheimer and Cavanaugh without Callahan I'd promote him in a heartbeat.

It's all moot anyway. He's coming back next year if he doesn't get a HC offer. Hopefully we still retain Callahan but 3 years as "only" an OL coach might be wishful thinking after the success the Jets have had on the ground the past couple of seasons with him here.

128 and dwc can circlejerk everything and have 50 threads a day about how Kerry Rhodes is the toughest and fastest safety in the history of the NFL.

Sadly, there are others who will do this without the physical or mental midgets being here ....

This is serious from me.

I hope we sign Chad in off-season as our backup. He knows he will never start again so no 'QB controversy'. Chad would be good mentor and also he knows Schotts playbook. No brainer. Clemens has to go politically also.

I have no problem with that whatsoever. Sanchez is our guy. SOme here were calling for Kellen CLemens, Jeff garcia, Eric Ainge

The kid is exactly what this franchise needed....lets roll with it

I have no idea what this guy wants, he wanted Garcia? That is enough for me to know

he should be serving donuts at Dunkin

I went back to prior game threads and he was always criticizing Mark.

A new playbook would be awful in my opinion

+1:cheers:

Clarify .... yesterdays playbook? Or the 1st 16 games?

Very tough job for an OC dealing with a rookie QB, i am fan of Schott and i think

he has brought him along nice and slow.

If our ST's were better we would have won the division.

A new playbook would set us back. I think Callahan is a good OL coach, nothing more.

Very tough job for an OC dealing with a rookie QB, i am fan of Schott and i think

he has brought him along nice and slow.

If our ST's were better we would have won the division.

A new playbook would set us back. I think Callahan is a good OL coach, nothing more.

Thats not answering the question - I'm not a fan of Shott at all whatsoever. But if the good aspects of yesterdays playcall can be expanded on going forward - I'll happily shut up about making him go away.

So you are saying his playbook and playcall has been good all season?

Sorry i find it disturbing when someone calls out the OC after a great game plan

Sorry to say i do not want a New OC and a new playbook for entire offense to

digest, specially Mark

Sorry i enjoy my team, this should be a day for happiness not dumping on Schott

If Callahan assumes the OC job, Mark doesn't have to learn a thing. It wouldn't be like they're going to bring in the full-house option. Let's give Schotty credit for changing his game-plan to fit Sanchez's strengths the last few weeks, but I think it would be foolish to forget what he's done for the majority of four years here as OC, which is kill drives with bizarre trick plays and overcomplicating the game plan.

It wasn't until Rex put his thumb on Schotty that all-of-a-sudden his QB stopped getting killed and picked. I think it's 50/50 that Schotty is gone and Bill Callahan takes his job. I don't know about you, but I'd rather see something resembling those Rich Gannon Raider offenses here than I would the Brian Schottenheimer offenses we've seen for the majority of the past four years.

If Callahan assumes the OC job, Mark doesn't have to learn a thing. It wouldn't be like they're going to bring in the full-house option. Let's give Schotty credit for changing his game-plan to fit Sanchez's strengths the last few weeks, but I think it would be foolish to forget what he's done for the majority of four years here as OC, which is kill drives with bizarre trick plays and overcomplicating the game plan.

It wasn't until Rex put his thumb on Schotty that all-of-a-sudden his QB stopped getting killed and picked. I think it's 50/50 that Schotty is gone and Bill Callahan takes his job. I don't know about you, but I'd rather see something resembling those Rich Gannon Raider offenses here than I would the Brian Schottenheimer offenses we've seen for the majority of the past four years.

You think you could do better? Why don't you get lost, hater.

You think you could do better? Why don't you get lost, hater.

I'm taking night classes in NFL Coordinatorship at the local community college to bone up my coordinator-style knowledge so I can simply have my views accepted here. Very high standards here at JN. Very high standards.

I do not suffer from Fear Of Worse Syndrome, my friend.

But between the two, yes, I'd rather have Callahan. Particularly if he would get nabbed by someone else to be an OC after this season. That alone wouldn't be a good enough reason to promote him, but if it meant Schotteheimer and Cavanaugh without Callahan I'd promote him in a heartbeat.

It's all moot anyway. He's coming back next year if he doesn't get a HC offer. Hopefully we still retain Callahan but 3 years as "only" an OL coach might be wishful thinking after the success the Jets have had on the ground the past couple of seasons with him here.

ya I fear Callahan , who loves the West Coast, could be Carroll's OC if Carroll doesnt get to bring his USC guy along.

I don't know about you guys. But, I was a first base coach for a single A ball club. So only I can accurately criticize and critique Brian Schottenheimendinger. Because I know what it is like to be a coach and have to deal with players and their egos.

ya I fear Callahan , who loves the West Coast, could be Carroll's OC if Carroll doesnt get to bring his USC guy along.

Oh well

Callahan deserves credit....but he does have 4 1st rounders lining up there every weekend. You might be in line for Carroll's OC job if that were the case

I'm taking night classes in NFL Coordinatorship at the local community college tobone up my coordinator-style knowledge so I can simply have my views accepted here. Very high standards here at JN. Very high standards.

We have a new scholarship program if you'd like to apply. Can't have posters here without at least an associate's degree in commenting on football. Next thing you know we'll all be wearing flip-flops.

good post.

The thing w emay not know...Maybe Schott will be a good OC with the new imposed Rex Rules.

Could happen. maybe he sees the success of last 6 weeks and will realize that maybe this is teh way to go in future and will become a different OC.

why didn't he call plays like the last couple weeks all season? i think Rex took him aside and gave him some "suggestions."

nevertheless, gotta give the man credit.

Maybe the little handsome fella throwing the ball to only the guys in the green jerseys had something to do with it.

Thats not answering the question - I'm not a fan of Shott at all whatsoever. But if the good aspects of yesterdays playcall can be expanded on going forward - I'll happily shut up about making him go away.

So you are saying his playbook and playcall has been good all season?

Yes

We were 3-0 when many experts had us going 0-3

As teams gathered more film on Mark, it helped them confuse him and may him look like awful at times, I expected it more than a few bad games from him. Look at

Peyton 28 Picks with a great OC and Faulk and Harrison on team. No dump off

option when Leon got hurt. Peyton completed 98 passes to Faulk and Warren.

Last year Favre did not know playbook so ut made Schott look worse than he

was

The only game plan where Schott can be criticzed is 1st Bills game, where he had

him making too many throws into wind,

We led NFL in rushing so I am very happy with Schott all year

He still sucks. Sanchez and Greene playing lights-out and the blocking up front made the playcalling seem good. I'll grant that it was a good game for him and better than the lousy games he's called most of this season and others. Still the weak link on the coaching staff. If he's turned a corner, that's great news for all of us. But these eyes have seen good offensive games under this OC in the past and most here were appropriately killing him most of this season.

What we don't know is if this was the full gameplan or if it changed when it appeared that we had this one in the bag as long as we didn't turn it over. Most likely the former I'd think.

All I know is Sanchez started playing a LOT better right after Rex made his intentions to nose into the offensive gameplan clear. Coincidence? I think not.

Yes

We were 3-0 when many experts had us going 0-3

As teams gathered more film on Mark, it helped them confuse him and may him look like awful at times, I expected it more than a few bad games from him. Look at

Peyton 28 Picks with a great OC and Faulk and Harrison on team. No dump off

option when Leon got hurt. Peyton completed 98 passes to Faulk and Warren.

Last year Favre did not know playbook so ut made Schott look worse than he

was.

The only game plan where Schott can be criticzed is 1st Bills game, where he had him making too many throws into wind,

We led NFL in rushing so I am very happy with Schott all year

Thanks. Thats all I needed to know

I think some of you are under the impression he called a complete different game today. I don't think thats the case at all. They just ran the plays very effectivly IMO and Sanchez made some damn fine throws. Ya's needn't worry about your future at QB now IMO.

That. And we we're still able to run against Bengal 8 and 9 man fronts which left WR's open all over and Sanchez constantly did what he was supposed to. NExt week if SD/Indy shuts down the run, people will think that Schotty went back to calling bad plays..

I think a big thing was the introduction of SHonn Greene, hes a much more dynamic runner then Jones (whoi I think would've went for 70 yards on the day as the primary back). Glad Ryan is giving the kid a shot given some of the fumbling problems..

on edit: Sanchez looks to have regained some confidence with us making the playoffs.. Looked like the decisive QB we saw early in the season instead of the indecisive trainwreck we saw towards the end.

That. And we we're still able to run against Bengal 8 and 9 man fronts which left WR's open all over and Sanchez constantly did what he was supposed to. NExt week if SD/Indy shuts down the run, people will think that Schotty went back to calling bad plays..

I think a big thing was the introduction of SHonn Greene, hes a much more dynamic runner then Jones (whoi I think would've went for 70 yards on the day as the primary back). Glad Ryan is giving the kid a shot given some of the fumbling problems..

on edit: Sanchez looks to have regained some confidence with us making the playoffs.. Looked like the decisive QB we saw early in the season instead of the indecisive trainwreck we saw towards the end.

Chan I dont expect Indy/SD to stop the run and if they put 8 in the box neither team is as good as cincy on defense and they dont have near the corners cincy has. Both teams are very beatable. Alos keep in mind a few early hits on Manning bring out the Happy feet. We are in a very good position to attack both teams just about any way we want. Our defense has shut down just about every elite QB we have played I see no reason we cant continue that in the playoffs.

Archived