Yanks vs. Angels game 3

TaborJet

I'll be there!

My brother in-law came through with some good seats, under cover if it rains.

But if it does rain, we'll just hang in the stadium club :)

Good for you, Tabor.

Hopefully it won't rain so you get to enjoy the game. I'm hopin to catch a least one game at the Bronx before they close it down in 09.

Good for you, Tabor.

Hopefully it won't rain so you get to enjoy the game. I'm hopin to catch a least one game at the Bronx before they close it down in 09.

Can you believe that sh^t? I cant believe the Yankees wont be playing in that stadium anymore, in just a few years. I'm glad I caught a game there, in 1998 last game of the regular season.

Can you believe that sh^t? I cant believe the Yankees wont be playing in that stadium anymore, in just a few years. I'm glad I caught a game there, in 1998 last game of the regular season.

money is more important than tradition in baseball my friend. Sad truth

I'm not shedding any tears over the current stadium. They really took away all the history when they renovated it in the 70s.

If we were talking about the original, I'd lament it. As it is, though, I can't wait to see the new digs. It's going to look more like the original than the current one does.

I never saw the old classic stadium, but all I know is, it just wont be the same in the new stadium. It might "cooler" to go to, but I just dont see it having that same yankee mystique built in.

I went many times to the old Yankee Stadium. Sure, there were steel graters all over the place, that blocked the view from many seats. But the rich tradition and history of the New York Yankee franchise was in that Stadium. The new one, opened in the mid 1970s, does not have the same feel, even though the sight views are much better then the old one.

So, when they rebuild again, it won't feel like anything is being lost.

Well, I'm heading to the stadium...

light showers are forecast, with the heavy rain exptected around midnight.

We're under cover, plus we have Stadium Club passes, so worst case scenario, we'll be in da club :wink:

Archived