Predict Mike Francesa's excuse for the Jets win

Bergen Jet

I know I have read that his ratings have fallen overall somewhere, but that the station ratings have basically stayed strong because the morning show is doing far better than Imus used to do. 1050 actually made a big jump this football season which is what caused the Francesa rant against ESPN radio. Even though ESPN is not very good at interviews, Francesa seems to have a problem putting current players on the air and basically only does a once a week with Troy Aikman as the big analyst. This year the only players they had both got injured (Antoni Pierce and Leon Washington). They really lost out when the Giants fired jim Fassel because he was a mainstay on the program while Tom coughlin doesnt really care for that stuff. ESPN gives you Rex and Eli every week and have the ability to get guests whenever they want from the Jets.

Im a fan of Francesa, but without Russo his show really drags on especially in the NFL season. He is ok with baseball because there are two results to talk about every day, but the NFL season is a mess. What he talks about at 1 on Monday he is talking about at 1 on Tuesday and 1 on Wednesday and 1 on Thursday. He needs a partner to keep the show fresh.

Mike's show has become more boring without Russo and vice versa. The problem with ESPN though is its signal is very week. I live less then 30 miles from NYC and can hardly get it. WFAN comes in well up and down most of the east coast. Also the talent ESPN is not that good. Can't stand Mike and Mike, Michael Kay, or Colin Cowherd.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he basically gave the Offense and Sanchez major props and said they were reason for win. didnt talk about D at all.

Then he went and talked about ow the Cinncy Turnovers and mainly the 2 missed FGs were Huge.

Then said Jets got a better draw by playing SD rather than Indy. Said Jets match up better. I agree there.

he basically gave the Offense and Sanchez major props and said they were reason for win. didnt talk about D at all.

Then he went and talked about ow the Cinncy Turnovers and mainly the 2 missed FGs were Huge.

Then said Jets got a better draw by playing SD rather than Indy. Said Jets match up better. I agree there.

No Mea Culpa though, right?

Anybody named Rich from White Plains, NY? Seriously....thank you for stepping up with some balls to confront him.

And Francessa turns it away by asking if the Chargers will win. Excellent, nice job Francessa, call for a break now

LOl that was hilarious, Francessa said he wanted a fight.

Anybody named Rich from White Plains, NY? Seriously....thank you for stepping up with some balls to confront him.

And Francessa turns it away by asking if the Chargers will win. Excellent, nice job Francessa, call for a break now

Did they mention JetNation????

He just easily dismissed the Bungles as some kind of pushover, meanwhile all of last week he made sure to say Week 17 was one of two "fake" games, that they didn't even play all their starters, etc. Lol @ this guy.

My question is does he do this to the Gint fans as well? I've never listened to his show for any of their playoff runs because I could care less.

Says he wants JETS/Colts next week.

So let me get this straight: if the Jets beat the Chargers in SD its meaningless. The only game that potentially matters for the Jets is a matchup with Indy so they can prove that win was not a fluke.

So if the Jets beat SD and the Ravens beat the Colts and the Jets beat the Ravens and then go on and beat any one of the remaining NFC semifinalists to win the SB the Jets will still not have proven they don't belong because they haven't beaten Indy in Francessa's world. :confused0058:

what?? explain.

A guy who called did not refer to JN specifically, but stated "I've been reading blogs online predicting your excuse for the Jets winning". The guy was pressing the issue on Francesa trying to peel out his explanation and own up to the BS he was spuing out last week. Essentially Francesa was saying "Are you looking to pick a fight with me?" and trying to side track the pressure by asking the caller if he believed they could be SD.

Essentially, Francesa is a turd who is eating humble pie but won't admit it.

Ummm, Nate missed 3 FG's, if you think Fatcessa will be impressed you're senile...

Francesa did say he would be impressed. He'll mention the missed FGS (it's really 2, noone cares about a missed 57 yd kick). However, he'll admit the Jets were impressive. If the kicker makes 1 of those 2 kicks, we don't play soft coming down the end. Even he knows it.

Is anyone listening to this a-hole?? He's sarcastically saying how our incredible defense stopped 5 FG's in the last 2 games, 4 of them chipshots. He is sarcastically giving our defense the credit for stopping them.

yup I cant stand him anymore I just switched the station over to ESPN Radio

Also just said the block in the back was after the play and shouldn't have been called. The irony is they show the replay while he says that and you can clearly see the defender squared up to make the tackle, only to get blocked in the back out of position.

Add to that he said Cromartie whiffed on the Greene TD, which is an out and out lie. Weddle got trucked by Greene.

Also just said the block in the back was after the play and shouldn't have been called. The irony is they show the replay while he says that and you can clearly see the defender squared up to make the tackle, only to get blocked in the back out of position.

Add to that he said Cromartie whiffed on the Greene TD, which is an out and out lie. Weddle got trucked by Greene.

The man is a miserable fat ****. Who cares what he has to say?

Archived