So, how the hell are we gonna beat the Chargers?

ZachEY

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good thing you guys reminded me of your 41 year old rings. The advantage is definitely on your side now.

Remind me how many rings the Chargers have...I seem to forget.

And you havent answered my question and I really dont know the answer, do you have any players on your current roster that has a ring?

Remind me how many rings the Chargers have...I seem to forget.

And you havent answered my question and I really dont know the answer, do you have any players on your current roster that has a ring?

Sorry, I didn't see the question.

I never really thought about this so let me rack my brain....

I don't think so, but most of our team is home-grown talent, we don't really sign free agents.

Sorry, I didn't see the question.

I never really thought about this so let me rack my brain....

I don't think so, but most of our team is home-grown talent, we don't really sign free agents.

Then regarding what got this whole thing starterd...I dont really see how the Chargers are more experienced in the playoffs than the Jets. We have a couple of players who are locker room leaders with rings. Yes, the Chargers as a unit, have more playoff experience, but all in all, I think having players that have gone the distance is just as important....so to your orginal point, IMO its a wash on playoff experience because you dont have anyone on your team from a player standpoint that knows what its like to be a winner.

Then regarding what got this whole thing starterd...I dont really see how the Chargers are more experienced in the playoffs than the Jets. We have a couple of players who are locker room leaders with rings. Yes, the Chargers as a unit, have more playoff experience, but all in all, I think having players that have gone the distance is just as important....so to your orginal point, IMO its a wash on playoff experience because you dont have anyone on your team from a player standpoint that knows what its like to be a winner.

Alright, I'm going to stop acting like a retard now.

Sure, you do have a few players that have rings, but the Chargers are playoff experienced as a cohesive unit. I think that has to count for something.

Sure, you do have a few players that have rings, but the Chargers are playoff experienced as a cohesive unit. I think that has to count for something.

And the Jets aren't? Not for nothing, but the Jets just won a playoff game three days ago.

Suggesting the Chargers have discovered some magical formula because they've won playoff games as a team while the Jets haven't is stupid since the Jets just won a playoff game as a team three freakin' days ago! :rolleyes:

And the Jets aren't? Not for nothing, but the Jets just won a playoff game three days ago.

Suggesting the Chargers have discovered some magical formula because they've won playoff games as a team while the Jets haven't is stupid since the Jets just won a playoff game as a team three freakin' days ago! :rolleyes:

You guys beat the ****ing Bengals, a team who hasn't won a playoff game in 20 years. You want a litmus test, its not against them. We'll see how you stack up against a legit AFC Contender.

The Chargers have beat the Colts and Titans, a couple of teams who have had playoff success in this decade.

You guys beat the ****ing Bengals, a team who hasn't won a playoff game in 20 years. You want a litmus test, its not against them. We'll see how you stack up against a legit AFC Contender.

The Chargers have beat the Colts and Titans, a couple of teams who have had playoff success in this decade.

:face:

You haven't beaten anyone in this year's postseason which is all that matters right now.

But these are the Jets we're talking about. If we win on Sunday, be prepared to hear all about how bad the Chargers really are and how beating them doesn't prove that the Jets were a worthy playoff team.

And I agree, which is why I've said 4 times now, the Chargers have more experience as a unit in the playoffs than the Jets. But again, the fact that we have veteran leaders in the locker room with rings...IMO...makes it a wash. But again, this is a silly argument since we just won a playoff game on the road 3 days ago.

We dont pick who we play my man. We went into Cinci and beat them soundly. You cant have it both ways...our playoff experience doesnt count because we beat the Bengals? Come'on brah, listen to yourself.

Too much talk about playoff experience, not enough about matchups.

Well, Rivers is definitely better than any QB you've faced this year, except for maybe Peyton Manning. Our Offensive Line is one of the best pass blocking O-Lines in football and LT and Darren Sproles are both stellar blocking RBs. Our WR corps is top 5 in the league, and I'd venture to say that you don't have a Safety that can cover Gates because nobody can.

Our Defense has a bend but don't break mentality. They limit the big play and keep everything short. As soon as the opposing team reaches the 30 they shore up. I would think that the Chargers have a pretty good ratio of FGs:TDs allowed. I don't know where to look up that stat among all teams.

To tell you the truth I cant tell you much about the Jets other than that they can run the ball really well, and have a great Defense, but I don't know the particulars about the defense, like if they are better at stopping the pass or run...

And I agree, which is why I've said 4 times now, the Chargers have more experience as a unit in the playoffs than the Jets. But again, the fact that we have veteran leaders in the locker room with rings...IMO...makes it a wash. But again, this is a silly argument since we just won a playoff game on the road 3 days ago.

We dont pick who we play my man. We went into Cinci and beat them soundly. You cant have it both ways...our playoff experience doesnt count because we beat the Bengals? Come'on brah, listen to yourself.

It definitely counted, thats for sure. I'm just saying beat a good team like the Colts in the playoffs before you really know where you stand. Just trying to say the Bengals aren't a great measuring stick. They are one of the most inconsistent teams in the league.

If you guys beat the Chargers then I think the nation will be ready to deem you guys a legit contender.

I'm just having a little trouble thinking a rookie QB can lead you to a Super Bowl, but if he does, he'll be legendary.

Well, Rivers is definitely better than any QB you've faced this year, except for maybe Peyton Manning. Our Offensive Line is one of the best pass blocking O-Lines in football and LT and Darren Sproles are both stellar blocking RBs. Our WR corps is top 5 in the league, and I'd venture to say that you don't have a Safety that can cover Gates because nobody can.

Our Defense has a bend but don't break mentality. They limit the big play and keep everything short. As soon as the opposing team reaches the 30 they shore up. I would think that the Chargers have a pretty good ratio of FGs:TDs allowed. I don't know where to look up that stat among all teams.

To tell you the truth I cant tell you much about the Jets other than that they can run the ball really well, and have a great Defense, but I don't know the particulars about the defense, like if they are better at stopping the pass or run...

That is very debatable. Manning, Brady, Brees.....all very good QB's in this league that looked pedestrian agains the Jets. We shut down Schaub too...he's no Rivers, but thats been a tough task for most teams. But Rivers is a stud, no doubt.

We stop the pass, and we shut down bad run teams run game. Thats why we have a shot aganist you guys. You cant run the ball and you cant stop the run. You have an elite passing attack, other than that, the Chargers arent all that...IMO...I dont think we win, but we could if we played our best game.

It definitely counted, thats for sure. I'm just saying beat a good team like the Colts in the playoffs before you really know where you stand. Just trying to say the Bengals aren't a great measuring stick. They are one of the most inconsistent teams in the league.

If you guys beat the Chargers then I think the nation will be ready to deem you guys a legit contender.

I'm just having a little trouble thinking a rookie QB can lead you to a Super Bowl, but if he does, he'll be legendary.

Which is why I dont think we will win...but like I said, we have a chance. This isnt a game you will dominate. I assure you that.

If you take all the teams the Chargers beat, their records average out to 43% wins.

The Jets wins were against teams that averaged 46% (or 50% if you include the Colts game.)

We'll see how strong SD's line is...but when the teams you beat averaged 43%, how good did it have to be in the first place?

That is very debatable. Manning, Brady, Brees.....all very good QB's in this league that looked pedestrian agains the Jets. We shut down Schaub too...he's no Rivers, but thats been a tough task for most teams. But Rivers is a stud, no doubt.

We stop the pass, and we shut down bad run teams run game. Thats why we have a shot aganist you guys. You cant run the ball and you cant stop the run. You have an elite passing attack, other than that, the Chargers arent all that...IMO...I dont think we win, but we could if we played our best game.

Statistically speaking, yes Brees, Brady, and Schaub are all better than Rivers.

However Rivers has those Peyton Manning intangibles that he brings to the table that you just can't deny.

Thats what I'm most concerned about is us stopping the run. We haven't really had to worry about it all year because we've built leads and forced the other teams to pass, and thats what I am hoping is going to happen here.

Statistically speaking, yes Brees, Brady, and Schaub are all better than Rivers.

However Rivers has those Peyton Manning intangibles that he brings to the table that you just can't deny.

Thats what I'm most concerned about is us stopping the run. We haven't really had to worry about it all year because we've built leads and forced the other teams to pass, and thats what I am hoping is going to happen here.

You do realize what happens when you say 'intangibles' on a Jets board?

If you take all the teams the Chargers beat, their records average out to 43% wins.

The Jets wins were against teams that averaged 46% (or 50% if you include the Colts game.)

We'll see how strong SD's line is...but when the teams you beat averaged 43%, how good did it have to be in the first place?

Technically we went 5-0 against common opponents and you guys went 4-2.

If you take away our weak division, which we went 5-1, we still went 8-2.

Our non-division went a combined 83-77, or a 52% win percentage.

Thats pretty good.

Technically we went 5-0 against common opponents and you guys went 4-2.

If you take away our weak division, which we went 5-1, we still went 8-2.

Our non-division went a combined 83-77, or a 52% win percentage.

Thats pretty good.

I don't think anyone is denying that the Chargers are 'pretty good'.

Just that, if the Jets play well, they have some match-up advantages that they can exploit FTW.

The Jets are much better at stopping the pass, we're by far the best in the league at it. Getting to Rivers will be a problem though. Ryan is great at blitzing, I think he'll have some crazy **** drawn up for this week because we won't get to Rivers with 4 guys. What's great about Ryan is even when we blitz we rarely give up big plays. Off the top of my head, with the exception of Miami in week 5 (Where everything went wrong for our defense) I can't think of one screen play that has really hurt us. Knowing that's a big part of San Diego's game it will be interesting to see if he can hurt us. We've been pretty good at diagnosing that stuff.

Archived