So, how the hell are we gonna beat the Chargers?

ZachEY

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think we have a shot. But I guess anything could happen. Considering how our ST looked last games Sproles could kill us. Floyd and Nanee aren't two bit scrubs, TE Screens will neutralize the blitz.

I honestly think SD is the best team in football right now. Which is why I don't think many teams stand a chance against them. If we beat them that'd be one of the best post-seasons I can remember.

We have a shot, cause as bit said, the match up is good. They aren't good at the thing we are average at (run defense) and they are good at stopping what we are good at (running the ball). Baltimore/Mn/Dallas are probably our worst remaining matchups, but SD has the best playoff QB and are home..

I don't think we have a shot. But I guess anything could happen. Considering how our ST looked last games Sproles could kill us. Floyd and Nanee aren't two bit scrubs, TE Screens will neutralize the blitz.

I honestly think SD is the best team in football right now. Which is why I don't think many teams stand a chance against them. If we beat them that'd be one of the best post-seasons I can remember.

I hate the notion of "no shot." In the National Parity League, everyone has a shot on game day.

Heck, straight up the Jets have a shot.

Or even, Rivers can get Pollard'd, CTM would cry in his pillow, and the Jets would win a blowout.

We have a shot, cause as bit said, the match up is good. They aren't good at the thing we are average at (run defense) and they are good at stopping what we are good at (running the ball). Baltimore/Mn/Dallas are probably our worst remaining matchups, but SD has the best playoff QB and are home..

I think most of it is me tempering my expectations. I expect Rivers to dissect us with his floaty accuracy.

SD is a great team, no doubt; however, they have not played a team like the jets all season. the closest team was probably cincy, who gave SD a good game w/o chris henry.

the jets have a much better defense than cincy so this should be a great game. it really comes down to slowing down SD offense and not turning the ball over on offense.

if the jets win the TO battle, they should win the game.

Agree except for what you said they are good at, namely stopping the run.

1. Buffalo

2. Tampa

3. St. Louis

4. Oakland

5. Kansas City

6. Cleveland

This who's who of garbage rush defenses is the full list of NFL teams who have given up more first downs on the ground than the Chargers. The full list of NFL teams who have given up more yards per carry on the ground than the Chargers isn't much longer.

They blow at stopping the run. Only reason they didn't give up well over 2000 yards is because they score so many points (3 TD's plus 2 FG's per game) that their opponents are constantly in pass-only mode.

I hate the notion of "no shot." In the National Parity League, everyone has a shot on game day.

Heck, straight up the Jets have a shot.

Or even, Rivers can get Pollard'd, CTM would cry in his pillow, and the Jets would win a blowout.

If you have a strong defense and can run the ball you have a legitimate chance against anyone, even teams better than you are.

Not sure how we win, but I think we will see 2 things...

1) The Fake Punt... it has been awhile...

2) Brad Smith, throws... it has to be coming..

BZ

No offense, but I hope we aren't reduced to gadgetry... if we are, it'll surely be because we are losing.

I much prefer something that looks like a normal offense. I can't believe how excited I have gotten the past 2 weeks having seen multiple slants thrown to Cotchery!!!

My favorite play Saturday though was run left. My favorite play the week before that??? Run right.

Agree except for what you said they are good at, namely stopping the run.

1. Buffalo

2. Tampa

3. St. Louis

4. Oakland

5. Kansas City

6. Cleveland

This who's who of garbage rush defenses is the full list of NFL teams who have given up more first downs on the ground than the Chargers. The full list of NFL teams who have given up more yards per carry on the ground than the Chargers isn't much longer.

They blow at stopping the run. Only reason they didn't give up well over 2000 yards is because they score so many points (3 TD's plus 2 FG's per game) that their opponents are constantly in pass-only mode.

Typo.. i meant they aren't good at stopping the run :D

colts and chargers are similar - both have elite WR and an elite TE. but i'd rather play chargers because rivers is emotional and if you smack him around we can get in his head.

but it's still a tough matchup for us. we can take out the WR with revis but gates is gonna get his. run the ball, control the clock. if we hold bolts to <20 we have a good chance but no way we can win a barn burner.

colts and chargers are similar - both have elite WR and an elite TE. but i'd rather play chargers because rivers is emotional and if you smack him around we can get in his head.

but it's still a tough matchup for us. we can take out the WR with revis but gates is gonna get his. run the ball, control the clock. if we hold bolts to <20 we have a good chance but no way we can win a barn burner.

The thing i liked about Indy matchup was the karma. They let us in, it seems fitting that we come back and knock them out..

i think colts and bolts very similar. when in doubt i'd rather play the team that hasn't been there before.

Either way is a tough matchup that we probably don't win.

But what the hell, who thought we were going to be playing football on January 17th. House Money.

- chargers are ranked 31st in rush offense, should allow us to focus our #1 ranked pass D on stopping their pass game

- chargers dont have much of a pass rush and we have a stellar O-line which should allow sanchez the time he needs to hit his wrs

- chargers allow about 118 rushing yds per game (20th in the league) and we happen to have the best rushing attack in the league

- vincent jackson has had issues with his achilles lately, may not be 100% for this week

this game will not be handed to us, but i think we match up very well here

It truly is hilarious how they're downplaying Revis on their boards...

I've been laughing all morning...

80% of the fanbase believes Vincent Jackson will need to be doubled and that will free up the other side of the field and the middle...

:bag::bag::bag:

The true issue we'll have is getting pressure...

Their line is great... That worries me...

gonna have to blitz. a lot.

2 reasons:

1. rivers is a hothead. the more you hit him, the more pissed he will get and he forces it when he's pissed.

2. best defense against gates is to force him to stay in to help pick up blitz.

i think we're going to see some crazy blitz schemes this wknd.

The thing i liked about Indy matchup was the karma. They let us in, it seems fitting that we come back and knock them out..

Ever thought the karma issue would have more relevance in the AFC Championship game?

The Colts "let the Jets in" and the ONLY team standing in the Colts way of making the SB would be the Jets.

Ever thought the karma issue would have more relevance in the AFC Championship game?

The Colts "let the Jets in" and the ONLY team standing in the Colts way of making the SB would be the Jets.

I think that's what's going to happen actually. Indy beats Baltimore this week easily IMO and barring Sanchez goes back into retard-mode, I think we win as well.

I think that's what's going to happen actually. Indy beats Baltimore this week easily IMO and barring Sanchez goes back into retard-mode, I think we win as well.

The best thing about Baltimore playing Indy is...

If we beat San Diego, we get to watch a week of film on what Baltimore did or didn't do to beat the Colts... (If the Colts win also)

That's a nice little bit of info to have... If the Jets and Indy make it...

You never struck me as a guy that would buy into that nonsense.

i know.. i wish i didn't, but i do... I'm not a guy who won't change his underwear until we lose or anything, but i do kind of believe that what goes around comes around..

Archived