So, how the hell are we gonna beat the Chargers?

ZachEY

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The key for you guys in this game is if you can stop Antonio Gates. I doubt that you will shut him down, and I don't want to be trollish in nature, but I am having a hard time seeing you guys win this game.

You could always go hang out with the Homers on your board who think VJ is going to eat Revis' lunch :rolleyes:

The key for you guys in this game is if you can stop Antonio Gates. I doubt that you will shut him down, and I don't want to be trollish in nature, but I am having a hard time seeing you guys win this game.

should be a great game. i don't think the jets get blown out unless sanchez completely melts down. SD has not played a team like the jets all year. they are going to blitz from all angles, on all downs, all game. revis is probably the best defensive player in the NFL.

for better or worse the jets will keep pounding the ball on offense - even when it doesn't look like it is working.

if SD can stop the run with 7 in the box the jets are DONE. if SD needs to get 8 and 9 in the box like cincy did, the jets should be able to throw a little and take their shots deep. it's also much harder to disguise coverage when everyone if jammed up around the line to stop the run.

should be a great game. i don't think the jets get blown out unless sanchez completely melts down. SD has not played a team like the jets all year. they are going to blitz from all angles, on all downs, all game. revis is probably the best defensive player in the NFL.

for better or worse the jets will keep pounding the ball on offense - even when it doesn't look like it is working.

if SD can stop the run with 7 in the box the jets are DONE. if SD needs to get 8 and 9 in the box like cincy did, the jets should be able to throw a little and take their shots deep. it's also much harder to disguise coverage when everyone if jammed up around the line to stop the run.

If they bring 8 in the box, we just go deep to Braylon. :bag:

Quentin Jammer is quietly one of the best CB's in the league. Cromartie gets all the attention, but Jammer is our #1 CB. You'll have to run to beat us.

If we can't run it'll be a long day for us i suspect..

Luckily for us your run defense isn't too good. That being said, being home and fresh could have you guys playing well on adrenaline alone early. So our defense will need to make sure not to fall behind big early and make us more 1 dimensional..

We're not beating San Diego. We're playing two weeks longer than I thought we would, though, so it's all good.

San Diego cant stop the run and we destroy elite offenses and QB's . The only way we lose this game is if we beat ourselves.

SD has the better QB and Skill players but we have the better team. After a few smacks in the mouth will see how SD responds. Phillip Rivers better be prepared to get rid of the ball fast or this game will blow up in his face in a bad way.

We already know we have to protect the football to win games I wonder if SD thinks they can beat us with the big play ?

He was being sarcastic about goping deep to braylon ;) he has the dropsys :D

Whats up dude?

No.

Jammer >>> Revis and it's not even close.

Also, their D is amazing...

How they're ranked 20th and we're ranked 1st is not fair... They're 13-3 with a much more difficult schedule after all...

- Norv Turner is their head coach

- Their running game is 31st in the NFL

- Darrelle Revis will shut down Vincent Jackson

- Their run defense is 20th in the NFL

Finally.

Somebody who points out Norv's illustrious playoff record.

I like the fact that San Diego have struggled against Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cincy this season. Tow of those teams beat them and Cincy pushed them to a last second FG and that was in San Diego. Those teams play in a similar way to the Jets and the Jets have already proven that they're a much, much more physical team than the Bengals.

I like the fact that San Diego have struggled against Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cincy this season. Tow of those teams beat them and Cincy pushed them to a last second FG and that was in San Diego. Those teams play in a similar way to the Jets and the Jets have already proven that they're a much, much more physical team than the Bengals.

They scored 26 and 28 against Balt/Pitts though, it's not like they got shut down. That's going to be a tough number to hit on the road with this offense.. (especially considering how much better their defense has been playing)

Take away some of the bonehead plays we made this season and were 11-5 or 12-4 do the 13-3 SD Super Chargers really look so scary ? I think we beat this team up in a big way as long as we hold onto the football and use the same offensive scheme as we did aganist Cincy.

I think the big key in this game will be the 4th Quarter. If we can keep our defense OFF the field they will be fresh in the 4th If we depend on them too much early (as we have done in some losing efforts) SD will move the ball on us in crunch time. if we hold onto the football we win this game.

Take away some of the bonehead plays we made this season and were 11-5 or 12-4 do the 13-3 SD Super Chargers really look so scary ? I think we beat this team up in a big way as long as we hold onto the football and use the same offensive scheme as we did aganist Cincy.

I think the big key in this game will be the 4th Quarter. If we can keep our defense OFF the field they will be fresh in the 4th If we depend on them too much early (as we have done in some losing efforts) SD will move the ball on us in crunch time. if we hold onto the football we win this game.

Problem is, we're still making those bonehead plays... ie, two penalties to ruin a FG.

As other have mentioned, clock control is the key. Basically, the Jets should take advantage of that 20th ranked run defense the Chargers got. Soften 'em up early with Shonn Greene straight trucking through people, rather than have TJ start slow with some low yardage (or no gain) runs. We can work TJ in later, but establishing the physicality of the run early and often will be a good idea.

I'm scared on defense though, considering that Rivers has a lot of weapons. They can probably work around the blitzes with Sproles by running screens. Give Sproles an inch, and he'll wreak havoc...

Special Teams also need to be ON POINT. No joke, STs need to play the best game they've ever had.

It'll be tough, but we got a lot going for us. Like, Norv Turner being an excellent playoff coach :rolleyes:

I am amazingly confident about this game. I think the Jets turn it into a street fight again and force Norv Turner to change his game plan three different times before he screws it up at the end. I don't think Rivers has seen a defense that plays like ours since Baltimore in Week 2 (which SD lost).

Another thing to think about is playoff experience between these two teams.

The Chargers have been to the playoffs the last 4 seasons, have made it past the Wild Card round the past 4 seasons, and have won at least one game in the playoffs the last 3 seasons.

The core of your team hasn't. I'm finding it hard to believe the Chargers will lose.

But, I've seen them lose before in 2006 and 2004, so if it happened, I wouldn't be tooo (3 O's) surprised.

Another thing to think about is playoff experience between these two teams.

The Chargers have been to the playoffs the last 4 seasons, have made it past the Wild Card round the past 4 seasons, and have won at least one game in the playoffs the last 3 seasons.

The core of your team hasn't. I'm finding it hard to believe the Chargers will lose.

But, I've seen them lose before in 2006 and 2004, so if it happened, I wouldn't be tooo (3 O's) surprised.

Hmmm...

Alan Faneca... Super Bowl winning LG...

Damien Woody... 2 time Super Bowl winning C... 3 if you want to count him in because he played throughout the season and just not in the game... He now plays RT if you didn't know...

Thomas Jones... Started in a Super Bowl with Chicago...

Leonhard, Scott and Douglas all played in the AFCCG last season...

Lito Shepphard, Kerry Rhodes...

Come on man... All starters, all with playoff experience...

You're an idiot.

Hmmm...

Alan Faneca... Super Bowl winning LG...

Damien Woody... 2 time Super Bowl winning C... 3 if you want to count him in because he played throughout the season and just not in the game... He now plays RT if you didn't know...

Thomas Jones... Started in a Super Bowl with Chicago...

Leonhard, Scott and Douglas all played in the AFCCG last season...

Lito Shepphard, Kerry Rhodes...

Come on man... All starters, all with playoff experience...

You're an idiot.

So you have 8 starters with playoff experience?

90% of the Chargers roster has 4 years of playoff experience in a row.

And I've been trying to be a graceful opposing poster but you are making it pretty hard by calling me an idiot. Good Luck Sunday.

Archived