For a team thats not suppossed to be in the playoffs....

villain_the_foe

BULLSHID.

You run the ball to control the clock.

You run the ball when you have the #1 running game and your opponent has the 20th rushing defense.

You run the ball when you have a rookie QB you're not quite sure of, and your opponent's QB is a gunslinger.

You run the ball when you have arguably the best Offensive line in football.

You run the ball because it wears Defense out, and then you can have your way with them.

You run the ball because you have won games running the ball.

You run the ball when you're the New York Jets.

HELLO!? YOU RUN TO WIN THE GAME! YOU RUN! TO! WIN! THE! GAME!

[x] passing is the key to winning in the nfl

[x] sanchez is worst qb left in playoffs

[x] many jets fans r babies

[x] carson palmer not that good..

Not seeing a whole lot wrong with what he says, but he's definitely coming off like a sore loser here.

conclusion

[ ] aqua is not a doosh

[x] aqua is a doosh

confirm'd

You are giving the biggest douce I've ever encountered way too much credit.

[x] passing is the key to winning in the nfl - sure is, but its not key to the Jets. Running the Football and playing good D is key to winning for the NY Jets. Whether its enough or not is yet to be seen, but that is how they win games. It wanst too long ago that Rex Grossman got to the Super Bowl based on a similar philosphy.

[x] sanchez is worst qb left in playoffs - yep, but when you cant score on our defense and you cant stop our run game, does it matter?

[x] many jets fans r babies - true. but no where near as bad as Dolphag or Patsy fans.

[x] carson palmer not that good.. - possibly so, but was he better than Mark Sanchez this season?

And I dont think Agayfag4ever actually was intelligent enough to bring up any of those valid points.

He did say Sanchez is the worst QB in the playoffs, which is true, but it didnt stop him from winning his first playoff game.

What he said was, you cant win in the NFL running the Football. Which in actuality is 100% false. The Jets win running the Football, fact, so do the Ravens. And I'd be inclined to argue that teams that struggle running the Football, but are great passing teams, dont have as much success in the playoffs as a team that just can flat out run it. A good running game can keep a great passing game of the field. And if you have a team that can make the stops, does it matter?

We shall see just how important passing is this week when the Ravens and Colts and Jets and Chargers square off. Two teams who win with running and defense going on the road to climate controlled places to play two aerial attacks with suspect defenses.

Let the best teams win.

Dolphin fans, GFY. No need for you in here. This is playoff talk, not golf course talk.

• Upvote 1

You are giving the biggest douce I've ever encountered way too much credit.

[x] passing is the key to winning in the nfl - sure is, but its not key to the Jets. Running the Football and playing good D is key to winning for the NY Jets. Whether its enough or not is yet to be seen, but that is how they win games. It wanst too long ago that Rex Grossman got to the Super Bowl based on a similar philosphy.

[x] sanchez is worst qb left in playoffs - yep, but when you cant score on our defense and you cant stop our run game, does it matter?

[x] many jets fans r babies - true. but no where near as bad as Dolphag or Patsy fans.

[x] carson palmer not that good.. - possibly so, but was he better than Mark Sanchez this season?

And I dont think Agayfag4ever actually was intelligent enough to bring up any of those valid points.

He did say Sanchez is the worst QB in the playoffs, which is true, but it didnt stop him from winning his first playoff game.

What he said was, you cant win in the NFL running the Football. Which in actuality is 100% false. The Jets win running the Football, fact, so do the Ravens. And I'd be inclined to argue that teams that struggle running the Football, but are great passing teams, dont have as much success in the playoffs as a team that just can flat out run it. A good running game can keep a great passing game of the field. And if you have a team that can make the stops, does it matter?

i wasn't really looking to point debate each point line by line, my main point was that in theory i agree with much of what he says and I still think he's coming off like a doosh..

As to this whole passing vs. running vs. defense thing, what you people need ton consider is that in the case of the Jets (or Batimore for that matter) is that both of these teams are exceptional in 2 of the three items, and both will be visiting teams that are really only good at passing the ball this weekend..

i wasn't really looking to point debate each point line by line, my main point was that in theory i agree with much of what he says and I still think he's coming off like a doosh..

As to this whole passing vs. running vs. defense thing, what you people need ton consider is that in the case of the Jets (or Batimore for that matter) is that both of these teams are exceptional in 2 of the three items, and both will be visiting teams that are really only good at passing the ball this weekend..

I know you werent, but I just was trying to say that you were giving Agayfag4ever too much credit. On both accounts...1. saying that he came up with all those bullets 2. that all those bullets had merit.

And I'm fully aware thats going to happen, so the debate will be answered. I guess I'm just saying either way win or lose, its not that black and white. You really need to do all well, but a great passing attack can make up for deficiencies in the other areas...ie. Chargers.

And I'm fully aware thats going to happen, so the debate will be answered. I guess I'm just saying either way win or lose, its not that black and white. You really need to do all well, but a great passing attack can make up for deficiencies in the other areas...ie. Chargers.

I have no idea what's going to happen to be honest... I'm pretty excited.

If the Chargers had a good defense, I'd think they smoke us, but they don't. They still may smoke us, but only if we get behind early and need to rely on Sanchez.

And I've thought we could beat Indy since the middle of the season. I think Bltimore hs a good shot as well. Remember Miami running up and down the field on them? No reason that Baltimore can't do similar, with the added bonus of having a defense good enough to stop them here or there..

If the Chargers had a good defense, I'd think they smoke us, but they don't. They still may smoke us, but only if we get behind early and need to rely on Sanchez.

And I've thought we could beat Indy since the middle of the season. I think Bltimore hs a good shot as well. Remember Miami running up and down the field on them? No reason that Baltimore can't do similar, with the added bonus of having a defense good enough to stop them here or there..

The Chargers arent smoking anything.

Personally, the more I think about it, the more I see both teams being very beatable for so many reasons that it would take another thread...but...I agree if the Chargers had D, we wouldnt have a chance. I preseason picked them for the SB winners, but when you cant run the ball or stop the run, you got problems.

Especially when you are playing a team like the Jets who really havent let anyone light them up, no matter which QB we faced. The only time we did, was when Sanchez would put us in terrible situations. This D is tough, they've kept us in every game thus far despite Sanchez. I dont think we win, but we damn well could and I'm freaking out...lol.

Personally, I think the Colts whip up on the Ravens. For realz. Just work'em. Feeney and Mathis are going to be so rested and quick and ready to go...I think they dominate the Ravens oline and get after Flaco early and often. Peyton will shred...jmho.

Personally, the more I think about it, the more I see both teams being very beatable for so many reasons that it would take another thread...but...I agree if the Chargers had D, we wouldnt have a chance. I preseason picked them for the SB winners, but when you cant run the ball or stop the run, you got problems.

Especially when you are playing a team like the Jets who really havent let anyone light them up, no matter which QB we faced. The only time we did, was when Sanchez would put us in terrible situations. This D is tough, they've kept us in every game thus far despite Sanchez. I dont think we win, but we damn well could and I'm freaking out...lol.

SD was my Sb favorites as well..

And I agree. Rivers is going to have to play out of this world for them to win..

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the defense steps it up a bit. They're going to need to..

I originally hated this matchup, cause I was hoping for Indy thinking would pay for shutting it down a month ago and letting us in. But the more i think about, it the more I like it, particularly because i think we can beat Indy.

(i do think Baltimore will kill us however)

And I agree. Rivers is going to have to play out of this world for them to win..

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the defense steps it up a bit. They're going to need to..

I originally hated this matchup, cause I was hoping for Indy thinking would pay for shutting it down a month ago and letting us in. But the more i think about, it the more I like it, particularly because i think we can beat Indy.

Baltimore? They were crushing the Pats and they only allowed Flacco to throw 10 times. That team has no faith in their QB. That doesn't bode well for a SB run.

Flacco has now played three straight bad games. I don't think he's capable of putting up the type of numbers he'll need to beat Indy.

The Jets can out-muscle Indy and SD, just not sure they can outscore them. Baltimore's the only team left that can really go toe-to-toe with the Jets physically, which is why they're the one team I'd really rather not face - "home" or not.

Really gotta think Rex would love a shot at the team that passed over him for head coach, though.

Not seeing a whole lot wrong with what he says, but he's definitely coming off like a sore loser here.

conclusion

[ ] aqua is not a doosh

[x] aqua is a doosh

confirm'd

Well, to be technical you have to have a high octane defense if you want to win in the NFL which the Jets have. How many years have we witness Peytons high octane offense go home because their roll over defense got smacked around in the playoffs? Many times this past decade.

Look at the Patriots now, we all knew that they were vulnerable, not because of their offense but their defense not being able to stop people the way they used to.

Chargers, same shyte. They get into the playoffs and they get handled on the defensive side of the ball. This is why Rothelisberger and Manning have championships before him, not because they throw the ball better than him. Certainly not, its their defense. And thats a perfect example, Manning had IMO his greatest year as a QB yet their defense kept them out of the playoffs. Sad but true.

Go back the last 10 years and tell me a team that won it all that didnt have alteast an above average defense for that year. The Ravens ran the ball all threw the playoffs in 2000 and left with a championship, why....because their defense shut teams down. You can take it for what it is but Aqua is a poser and he's also wrong. You have the Giants, Patriots, Colts, Steelers that won it this past decade and I can tell you now that in those years that they won it come playoff time it was their defense that stomped teams out. Look at the teams that lost in the big games this past decade, Eagles, Cardinals just to name a few. These teams are very explosive offensively and they made it through to the dance based off that, but when it came for them to man up on defense they ended up losing high scoring games.

High scoring games are games that simply means that your defense isnt a superbowl winning defense, hence last night. How many times do you expect the Cardinals to put up 51 points? Once to run into a legit defense that will mean that their defense is only going to be able to give up 21 points max. You can score on the cards....thats their problem. You cant score on the Jets, and the Jets average 21 points a game so maybe this "running" thing is a good idea dontchathink?

The Jets have two things that will make this team a suprise in the playoffs. They have great defense, and I dont need to compare them to any other defense from yesteryear, bottomline is that they're the best defense this year. 2, they run the ball very well which controls the clock.

Now let me ask you this, how in the world will a passing offense persay do anything against a team running the ball chewing up 6-7-8 minutes of clocktime while having to then deal with their defense that will rarely allow you to pass their own 40 yardline, on top of the fact that half the field is locked because of Revis which makes us #1 in the league against the pass and #8 in the league against the run with our front 7?

This has nothing to do with Sanchez being good or bad. This team is a problem, period, and its based off the defense and controlling of the clock (running the darn ball).

Aqua sucks, please stop giving this poser credit lol.

Edited by villain_the_foe

Agayfag4ever = all things douche. The king of douche, if you will. He doesnt know a whole lot either and makes a fool out of himself often. I feel quite bad for him actually.

Gunior have no pity for him for he excels in his dooshie-ocity and in this he has something.

The Jets can out-muscle Indy and SD, just not sure they can outscore them. Baltimore's the only team left that can really go toe-to-toe with the Jets physically, which is why they're the one team I'd really rather not face - "home" or not.

Really gotta think Rex would love a shot at the team that passed over him for head coach, though.

I'm sure he would..

But neither team can pass, and Baltimore can shut down our run game with 7 in the box.. Sanchez will then throw atleast 3 picks..

Also I think they'd run on us just fine. We're really more geared to disrupt the pass ..

I think Minn/Dal and Baltimore all match up very well against us..

Baltimore? They were crushing the Pats and they only allowed Flacco to throw 10 times. That team has no faith in their QB. That doesn't bode well for a SB run.

Flacco has now played three straight bad games. I don't think he's capable of putting up the type of numbers he'll need to beat Indy.

If their defense can force Manning into mistakes, and the ground game can do a simliar job against Indianapolis as they did against the Pats (Colts have an awful run D as well) then Flacco could put up a repeat performance of the one in Foxboro and they'll still advance to the AFC Championship.

Well, to be technical you have to have a high octane defense if you want to win in the NFL which the Jets have. How many years have we witness Peytons high octane offense go home because their roll over defense got smacked around in the playoffs? Many times this past decade.

Look at the Patriots now, we all knew that they were vulnerable, not because of their offense but their defense not being able to stop people the way they used to.

Chargers, same shyte. They get into the playoffs and they get handled on the defensive side of the ball. This is why Rothelisberger and Manning have championships before him, not because they throw the ball better than him. Certainly not, its their defense. And thats a perfect example, Manning had IMO his greatest year as a QB yet their defense kept them out of the playoffs. Sad but true.

Go back the last 10 years and tell me a team that won it all that didnt have alteast an above average defense for that year. The Ravens ran the ball all threw the playoffs in 2000 and left with a championship, why....because their defense shut teams down. You can take it for what it is but Aqua is a poser and he's also wrong. You have the Giants, Patriots, Colts, Steelers that won it this past decade and I can tell you now that in those years that they won it come playoff time it was their defense that stomped teams out. Look at the teams that lost in the big games this past decade, Eagles, Cardinals just to name a few. These teams are very explosive offensively and they made it through to the dance based off that, but when it came for them to man up on defense they ended up losing high scoring games.

High scoring games are games that simply means that your defense isnt a superbowl winning defense, hence last night. How many times do you expect the Cardinals to put up 51 points? Once to run into a legit defense that will mean that their defense is only going to be able to give up 21 points max. You can score on the cards....thats their problem. You cant score on the Jets, and the Jets average 21 points a game so maybe this "running" thing is a good idea dontchathink?

The Jets have two things that will make this team a suprise in the playoffs. They have great defense, and I dont need to compare them to any other defense from yesteryear, bottomline is that they're the best defense this year. 2, they run the ball very well which controls the clock.

Now let me ask you this, how in the world will a passing offense persay do anything against a team running the ball chewing up 6-7-8 minutes of clocktime while having to then deal with their defense that will rarely allow you to pass their own 40 yardline, on top of the fact that half the field is locked because of Revis which makes us #1 in the league against the pass and #8 in the league against the run with our front 7?

This has nothing to do with Sanchez being good or bad. This team is a problem, period, and its based off the defense and controlling of the clock (running the darn ball).

Aqua sucks, please stop giving this poser credit lol.

this is way to long to read... we need sentence fragments man.. complete sentance's, grammer and paragraphs are so 00's

I'm sure he would..

But neither team can pass, and Baltimore can shut down our run game with 7 in the box.. Sanchez will then throw atleast 3 picks..

Also I think they'd run on us just fine. We're really more geared to disrupt the pass ..

I think Minn/Dal and Baltimore all match up very well against us..

Sanchez hasnt thrown a bad pass (ouside of one INT that was called back against the Colts) in a month. Sanchez seems to understand and more importantly, embrace his role. Baltimore can shut down the run with 7 in the box but they havent done this against the best offensive line rushing in football. Also, Greene isnt a easy guy to tackle, he's very physical and if he doesnt fumble the ball I doubt that the Jets rush for less than 150 yds and 2 tds. All we need is for Sanchez to throw 1 TD minimum against any team and a feely field goal and we're going to the superbowl. Thats how much pressure our running game can bring. 24 points minimum per game and there is no team in football that can score 25 points or more against this defense.

We have to remember, Sanchez has been practicing against the balimore style defense every week since he's been a pro, there wont be a difference. We just need Braylon to step it up and the Jets are superbowl bound. Dont want to sound like im just throwing the Chargers to the side, def not, but I think we can beat them. Baltimore will be the test.

Sanchez hasnt thrown a bad pass (ouside of one INT that was called back against the Colts) in a month. Sanchez seems to understand and more importantly, embrace his role. Baltimore can shut down the run with 7 in the box but they havent done this against the best offensive line rushing in football. Also, Greene isnt a easy guy to tackle, he's very physical and if he doesnt fumble the ball I doubt that the Jets rush for less than 150 yds and 2 tds. All we need is for Sanchez to throw 1 TD minimum against any team and a feely field goal and we're going to the superbowl. Thats how much pressure our running game can bring. 24 points minimum per game and there is no team in football that can score 25 points or more against this defense.

We have to remember, Sanchez has been practicing against the balimore style defense every week since he's been a pro, there wont be a difference. We just need Braylon to step it up and the Jets are superbowl bound. Dont want to sound like im just throwing the Chargers to the side, def not, but I think we can beat them. Baltimore will be the test.

Ok, i only read your first sentance, but last i checked he threw 3 against atlanta, and 1 called back against Indy.... Not to mention that again, he's facing defenses with 8 or 9 in the box almost every down. If baltimore shuts down the run game in their standard defense.. Sanchez will have struggle mightly..

Ok, i only read your first sentance, but last i checked he threw 3 against atlanta, and 1 called back against Indy.... Not to mention that again, he's facing defenses with 8 or 9 in the box almost every down. If baltimore shuts down the run game in their standard defense.. Sanchez will have struggle mightly..

Dude, seriously you need to read more. I know this is the generation of youtubers and such and none of us read books anymore but c'mon. not being able to read a couple paragraphs and then "comment" on it is pure laziness right now. You can do it bro! :headbang:

Bottomline is this, Sanchez is alot better than he was a few months back. Yes, he threw a couple INT's but my point was more geared to him making better decisions and he hasnt been the reason why we've lost games. If anything he's had a couple TD's dropped as well.

If baltimore stops our running game in their base defense is like wishing upon a star. It wont happen. They will force sanchez to throw and bottomline, he's been very confident throwing the ball.

These are two small paragraphs....hopefuly you read them. lol.

conclusion

[ ] aqua is not a doosh

[x] aqua is a doosh

confirm'd

You are by far my favorite poster here and one of the reasons I continue to come back.

What happened to your old sig an avy? I loved those ones.

We shall see just how important passing is this week when the Ravens and Colts and Jets and Chargers square off. Two teams who win with running and defense going on the road to climate controlled places to play two aerial attacks with suspect defenses.

Let the best teams win.

Dolphin fans, GFY. No need for you in here. This is playoff talk, not golf course talk.

Interesting how a year ago it was, "getting into the playoffs and losing is pointless and only worsens your draft position."

And now it's the greatest achievement ever. Your season is almost over, Joe and you couldn't have made more of an ass of yourself the other day ya big fatty.

Interesting how a year ago it was, "getting into the playoffs and losing is pointless and only worsens your draft position."

And now it's the greatest achievement ever. Your season is almost over, Joe and you couldn't have made more of an ass of yourself the other day ya big fatty.

:rl:

At least my team went on the road and WON while your team got EMBARASSED at home. My team is still alive and kicking.

Wasn't it you who said the Jets weren't even going to make the playoffs?

Wasn't it you who said the Jets weren't going to beat Cincinnati on Saturday?

Keep talking trash and keep witnessing the Jet W's in the PLAYOFFS. Now, back to the green you go.

Oh, and, is Ronnie Brown going to stay healthy next year and get his 2nd 1,000yd rushing season? I mean, I know he's 28, but hey, HE'S COMING! HE'S A RISER! :rl:

BTW, nice sig. You might want to update it:

Miami Dolphins - 2009 AFC East 3rd Place Champs!

Edited by 124

You are by far my favorite poster here and one of the reasons I continue to come back.

What happened to your old sig an avy? I loved those ones.

Thanks! i <3 u 2..

Just needed a change on the sig and avvy for the new decade.., they're like undies.

And what was our record?

You just proved my point, **** head.

Dude, I in no way proved a posers point. You guys were 7-9 because you f'ing sucked azz and fell apart at the end of the season having Henne throw the ball damn near 50 times in one game and another damn near 60 times in a game (quite the opposite of running you poser), and both the these games you guys LOST. I thought you win in the NFL "passing" the ball. What happened? Fact: Chad Henne throwing for 30 atts or more the Fins are 1-4, with him throwing less than 30 the Fins are 6-5. Seems like passing doesnt work for you guys Mr. Poser.You went from a running team to a passing team and your #1 receiver is Ted Ginn....how comical. The Jets are #1 in rushing (duh) and went 9-7 and are in the divisional round of the playoffs based on the running game being our primary threat and our QB will throw the ball btwn 15-20 times per game, no where near 50-60 times like your posing azz team.

I can be all the **** heads in the world but it wont change the fact that you're a poser and your teams logo is the gheyest in the NFL and no one respects you guys. Really, whens the last time you guys won a playoff game? It's been like a decade hasnt it?

F'ing Posers!

Ytozumm5BhU

At least my team went on the road and WON while your team got EMBARASSED at home. My team is still alive and kicking.

Keep talking trash and keep witnessing the Jet W's in the PLAYOFFS. Now, back to the green you go.

Oh, and, is Ronnie Brown going to stay healthy next year and get his 2nd 1,000yd rushing season? I mean, I know he's 28, but hey, HE'S COMING! HE'S A RISER! :rl:

+1

Are you really rolling on the floor laughing? Seriously, Joe. How many times was I right last year and you were wrong after you did your little rolling smileys? How many times, tubo? You 300 pound grease monkey. You're fat just like your coach. And you're a little bitch. Tell everyone here how you cried over your banishment at thephins and threatened to kill on of our most popular posters.

As for the division title. We have a few in the bank. How many do the Jets have? 2? Hah! Your franchise is a joke and I can't wait to see you guys play a REAL team for the first time in four games.

Dude, I in no way proved a posers point. You guys were 7-9 because you f'ing sucked azz.

Yes, the DOlphins were not a good team this year, we were average. But we were better than the Jets. We kicked your teams ass two times and the only difference was that we had to play Pittsburgh and San Diego opposed to you guys playing Oakland and the Cincinnati JV.

The Jets went further than the Dolphins this year, they did. They still will get no banners and got swept by the Phins. You guys get to have fun for a few more days and then will see your team get embarrassed in the next game. It's an accomplishment, I've always said it was to get into the post-season, not going to change my opinion to alter the state of my team.

But in the grand scheme of things, two years down the road, no one will remember the Jets 2009 season. The 2008 Dolphins, on the other hand, everyone will. Our record will be flashed on the screen every time a team has a miraculous turn-around.

And when Miami is piling up division titles this decade, you guys can return right back into the infamy of the joke of the AFC East like you have been for 50 years.