Joe Namath's daughter arrested.

crashingjet

A Sheriff's deputy pulled over Olivia Namath for speeding on Indiantown Road, and then arrested her for the pile of marijuana and the open bottle of rum she had in her car.

The 20-year-old daughter of former New York Jets quarterback Joe Nameth sits in the Palm Beach County Jail this morning awaiting her first appearance with a judge.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputy first spotted Namath's speeding silver Mercedes about 12:48 a.m. Monday, according to a report issued to the press this morning.

The deputy reports that he followed her for a quarter of a mile and estimated she was driving 58 mph in a 50 mph zone.

When she pulled over, he approached her car. As he checked her driver license, he said he smelled what proved to be marijuana.

Namath, whose address is listed as Tequesta, was traveling with two men. The deputy, accompanied by another who arrived shortly after the traffic stop, asked them all to get out of the car and began a search.

That search turned up a bag of leafy greens on the driver's side floor board, according to the report. When it tested positive for pot, he searched the trunk and found 200.5 grams more in baggies. He also found an opened bottle of Captain Morgan rum and 11 Miller Light beer bottles

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/joe-namath-s-daughter-pulled-for-speeding-in-172728.html

she lives up in your neighborhood CJ...damn, what a crappy place to spend the night

I know, Ol' Joe lives about 5 minutes from me.

Cute girl. It's a shame that she's decided to live her life this way. Why would she need to sell dime bags?!

BTW, congrats on your playoff win. Tell me, what does it feel like? I've almost forgotten.

Sounds like Possession with Intent to Deliver to me.......in Michigan, that bumps up the charge from simple possession significantly.

Yeah.

I know a few people that like to toke up, and nobody stores their 200 grams of weed in dime baggies.

The paper said 2 guys were with her and neither of them were arrested. You're a cop, is that because the drugs were in her car, so she was responsible? Just my opinion, those guys are real scum for letting her go to prison and not admitting the drugs were theirs.

Sounds like Possession with Intent to Deliver to me.......in Michigan, that bumps up the charge from simple possession significantly.

Maybe she knows a lot of cancer patients...and that stuff just piles up as she drives them to chemo. You guys always assume the worst.

Cute girl. It's a shame that she's decided to live her life this way. Why would she need to sell dime bags?!

BTW, congrats on your playoff win. Tell me, what does it feel like? I've almost forgotten.

thanks bro-as I said in the Where Are The Fins Fans thread...I know I spent 15 years down here wishing WE had a great QB like you guys had there in Marino-I like him on Joe Rose's show too...he is miles ahead of guys like Dion Sanders and Michael Irvin with their playing favorites and how it clouds their analysis-Marino doesn't do that.

I doubt she'd need to sell anything. I'm pretty sure daddy paid for that Mercedes she was driving. Or maybe the Namath's are having financial troubles lol after all, Joe played a long time ago when salaries were lower haha!

Ultimately I don't feel sorry for her or anything. I mean she had the stuff there and she was speeding. She got caught and she got charged appropriately.

Yeah.

I know a few people that like to toke up, and nobody stores their 200 grams of weed in dime baggies.

The paper said 2 guys were with her and neither of them were arrested. You're a cop, is that because the drugs were in her car, so she was responsible? Just my opinion, those guys are real scum for letting her go to prison and not admitting the drugs were theirs.

why are you going to take the blame for 200 grams?? To be an upstanding gentleman? wake the hell up. If you get pulled over and the weed is on your side its yours. thats just how it is. You wouldnt take the blame either...

200 grams??? that's 7 oz of weed and it sounds like it was in seperate baggies. kind of a lot for personal use. might hit her with an intent to dist. charge also.

as if she needs the money. stupid.

she'll get a break down here Johnny, she's rich, white, pretty, a mother and it's her first offense. I smell some Hanley Hazelton court-ordered time to fly right time

200 grams??? that's 7 oz of weed and it sounds like it was in seperate baggies. kind of a lot for personal use. might hit her with an intent to dist. charge also.

as if she needs the money. stupid.

7 oz isn't really that much, I normally get a QP and that's 4 oz if I'm getting it with a friend we'll get a half which is 8.

The fact it was broke up into smaller baggies is what's going to **** her up. Possession with intent to sell is going to make it a felony.

she'll get a break down here Johnny, she's rich, white, pretty, a mother and it's her first offense. I smell some Hanley Hazelton court-ordered time to fly right time

I hope not, because if she gets away just for being white, female and pretty it shows that justice is bull****. Everyone should be treated equally under the law or else we as a civilization are failing.

7 oz isn't really that much, I normally get a QP and that's 4 oz if I'm getting it with a friend we'll get a half which is 8.

The fact it was broke up into smaller baggies is what's going to **** her up. Possession with intent to sell is going to make it a felony.

Some things are best, NOT put out on the internet for the whole world to see. And if I remember correctly, more than 20 grams in Florida is considered intent to distribute.

Some things are best, NOT put out on the internet for the whole world to see. And if I remember correctly, more than 20 grams in Florida is considered intent to distribute.

I haven't smoked in a few months, I'm trying to get a bar or get into another line of work and a drug test is quite possible. I should have put I use to get but whatever.

I'm not sure of the weight (I think it's over 28 grams/1 oz) but I know having it broke up in smaller baggies is worse.

Poor Joe. Everybody knows what tomorrow is. If you don't, you should be assassinated.

If you are making veiled referrence to Woody's daughters lifestyle and her early demise and the potential for #12's daughter to meet a similar fate I concur. I hope this is a wakeup call for for her and both parents and this trainwreck in waiting can somehow be averted.

Archived