Miami fires D.C.

Kleckineau

Theres a reason during that time span Ohio State had 11 first round draft picks compared to Michigan's 4.

No. You've obviously misread the seasons I've referenced; which are 2006 and 2007. In those subsequent drafts, Michigan produced two first rounders, one of which was the #1 overall pick in the draft, four second rounders, and two third rounders. That's eight first-day picks, with another five in the later rounds. In those same two drafts, Ohio State produced three first rounders, no second rounders, and one third rounder. Three first day picks. And six picks in the later rounds.

So:

Michigan - Two first rounders, nine overall picks in the first three rounds, thirteen overall picks.

Ohio State - Three first rounders, , four overall picks in the first three, and ten overall picks.

Throw in the fact that Michigan's star players from these classes include Lamaar Woodley, David Harris, Leon Hall, Jake Long, and your beloved Chad Henne; while Ohio State's included Ted Ginn, Vernon Gholston, and Anthony Gonzalez, and I'm not sure what you've based your argument on here.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. You've obviously misread the seasons I've referenced; which are 2006 and 2007. In those subsequent drafts, Michigan produced two first rounders, one of which was the #1 overall pick in the draft, four second rounders, and two third rounders. That's eight first-day picks, with another five in the later rounds. In those same two drafts, Ohio State produced three first rounders, no second rounders, and one third rounder. Three first day picks. And six picks in the later rounds.

So:

Michigan - Two first rounders, nine overall picks in the first three rounds, thirteen overall picks.

Ohio State - Three first rounders, , four overall picks in the first three, and ten overall picks.

Throw in the fact that Michigan's star players from these classes include Lamaar Woodley, David Harris, Leon Hall, Jake Long, and your beloved Chad Henne; while Ohio State's included Ted Ginn, Vernon Gholston, and Anthony Gonzalez, and I'm not sure what you've based your argument on here.

Very convienent you don't mention Santonio Holmes, Aj Hawk, or even your own Nick Mangold from those talented Ohio State drafts. Well just blame the most Prolific passer Michigans history as the reason the Wolverines failed to beat OHio State and win a NC. I;m done defending Ohio State as i hate those scumbags after robbing my Canes of a title.

Very convienent you don't mention Santonio Holmes, Aj Hawk, or even your own Nick Mangold from those talented Ohio State drafts.

Dude, they were drafted in 2006, with their final seasons at OSU being '05. The two years that Michigan had the expectations I'm referencing were the '06 and '07 seasons. This isn't that hard to understand. Really, it isn't.

Dude, they were drafted in 2006, with their final seasons at OSU being '05. The two years that Michigan had the expectations I'm referencing were the '06 and '07 seasons. This isn't that hard to understand. Really, it isn't.

LOL...*1

I think you are wasting your time

Ok in 2006 Henne goes for 267 2 td's no picks as his offense puts up 39 points in the horse shoe and Michigan loses....Wolverine fans are blaming Chad Henne for that loss??? They go on to lose to the team of the decade in college football (USC) int he Rose Bowl.

Running a direct snap a handful of times over a year does not make the Jets the originator of the Wildcat offense.

Commiting to an unbalanced line, single wing, direct RB snap, option type offense where it's used 5-10 times a game, succesfully, gives Miami the right to claim the Wildcat as their offense (when the right personel isn't injured).

Fact is, when the Jets tried it, almost half a decade ago, they rarely had success with it. Now that there is a different head coach, who watched the Wildcat shred his team, they've decided to copy Miami's play's. If you can't beat em', join em'. Right?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

This is the equivalent of saying Edison didn't invent the light bulb because he didn't perfect alternating current or have track lighting in every room.

Ok in 2006 Henne goes for 267 2 td's no picks as his offense puts up 39 points in the horse shoe and Michigan loses....Wolverine fans are blaming Chad Henne for that loss??? They go on to lose to the team of the decade in college football (USC) int he Rose Bowl.

Don't confuse them with facts.

This is the equivalent of saying Edison didn't invent the light bulb because he didn't perfect alternating current or have track lighting in every room.

That isn't even close to what I was saying. I think we're all aware that the single wing has been around longer than us and was created by Pop Warner. So saying "this team" or "that team" started using it first is actually, pretty stupid.

What I'm saying, is that Miami has run it more and had more success with it in the last 2 years, than any other team in the NFL. I'm sure we can all agree on that. Right? Whether Miami started using it to offset a bad vertical game is irrelevant to the discussion, what is relevant is Miami's success using it.

In the modern game, Miami is considered the "pre-emminent" Wildcat team in the NFL (when Cobbs and Brown aren't injured), because of the positive production that they've had from it. And to see a team, that not even 2 months ago, called Miami's offense "gimmicky" and "High School", running the same exact plays that are in our playbook, shows how desperate the Jets really are.

Don't confuse them with facts.

That isn't even close to what I was saying. I think we're all aware that the single wing has been around longer than us and was created by Pop Warner. So saying "this team" or "that team" started using it first is actually, pretty stupid.

What I'm saying, is that Miami has run it more and had more success with it in the last 2 years, than any other team in the NFL. I'm sure we can all agree on that. Right? Whether Miami started using it to offset a bad vertical game is irrelevant to the discussion, what is relevant is Miami's success using it.

In the modern game, Miami is considered the "pre-emminent" Wildcat team in the NFL (when Cobbs and Brown aren't injured), because of the positive production that they've had from it. And to see a team, that not even 2 months ago, called Miami's offense "gimmicky" and "High School", running the same exact plays that are in our playbook, shows how desperate the Jets really are.

Hmmmm...

How's Ronnie's recovery going... This whole discussion is moot if his career is over... :cheers:

And to see a team, that not even 2 months ago, called Miami's offense "gimmicky" and "High School", running the same exact plays that are in our playbook, shows how desperate the Jets really are.

Really?

This is a thread about the fish firing coaches while the Jets prepare for the second round of the playoffs. I think one team looks a lot more desperate than the other.

That isn't even close to what I was saying.

Except it kinda was.

Running a direct snap a handful of times over a year does not make the Jets the originator of the Wildcat offense.

Commiting to an unbalanced line, single wing, direct RB snap, option type offense where it's used 5-10 times a game, succesfully, gives Miami the right to claim the Wildcat as their offense (when the right personel isn't injured).

:rl:

Former Giants defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan is expected to land a job under another man once associated with Big Blue.

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that Sheridan is expected to land a job as linebackers coach of the Miami Dolphins.

Sheridan was New York's linebackers coach before Steve Spagnuolo left town. Miami fired Paul Pasqualoni as defensive coordinator on Monday, so they need to fill that spot as well.

:rl:

Former Giants defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan is expected to land a job under another man once associated with Big Blue.

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that Sheridan is expected to land a job as linebackers coach of the Miami Dolphins.

Sheridan was New York's linebackers coach before Steve Spagnuolo left town. Miami fired Paul Pasqualoni as defensive coordinator on Monday, so they need to fill that spot as well.

And your laughing why????

Sheridan had intrical parts of his D go down Pierce,Phillips among others...also Osi clearly wasnt back to 100% from his injury...SHeridan was in a tough spot.

Players were saying his game plans were high school-ish and his adjustments nill.

But hell, I am all for it :D

Players were saying his game plans were high school-ish and his adjustments nill.

But hell, I am all for it :D

Well i didn't hear that part...but i find it hrd to believe they would have promoted him in the first place if his game plans were that bad.I do know the giants had a ton of injuries on Defense.

The fact that you can't correctly articulate yourself makes me a moron.

Makes sense.

He was articulate enough for anyone who isn't a massive douche with an agenda to understand.

Oh, and the fact that you eat up musical circlejerk that is C&C makes you a moron. Moron.

If your little mind could comprehend the complexities of their music, maybe you'd like it.

I don't give a **** how complex it is. It sounds like a castrated metal band humping the corpse of every terrible prog rock band ever. Also, it's really lame to make a bunch of awful concept albums based on a comic book that you yourself wrote.

I don't give a **** how complex it is. It sounds like a castrated metal band humping the corpse of every terrible prog rock band ever. Also, it's really lame to make a bunch of awful concept albums based on a comic book that you yourself wrote.

woah..

what about a concept album based on a senior thesis you yourself wrote?

Coheed and Cambria. Knowing you're a cynical pseudo-hippy, I'll bet that you don't last very long if you give it a go.

wait.. what is with the fake hippy business.. lol..

i freaken hate hippies for the most part

Archived