Woodson wins DPOY; Revis second in Voting

Bleedin Green

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kerryrhodes:

"revis had a great year and is still playing for the right for a championship ring. im sure he will take that over an individual award!"

I like that out of Kerry.

i like your sig better..

n i'd bet hard coin that buthead is relived revis didn't win

I dont know if anyone posted this yet but yeah I found this hilarious... this is from Rex's press conference:

"I would like to congratulate the people that voted for Darrelle Revis. These guys obviously really know the game. And you've got to look at all the numbers, not just a number about this, or this stat or that stat," Ryan said to the media Tuesday afternoon.

"A number I think is interesting would be eight. And no, that's not the amount of touchdown passes Green Bay gave up against Arizona. That is the number of touchdown passes we gave up all season. And the biggest reason for that is Darrelle Revis," said the rookie head coach.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/324921-rex-ryan-thinks-revis-should-be-more-appreciated

also saw it on ESPN too and I cracked up ... REX RYAN IS THE MAN!

The Jets were on national television twice I think this year, the Packers were on six, seven times?

Some sportswriters in Seattle or SF or LA or SD or KC who have votes in this thing didn't see the Jets nearly as much as they saw the Packers.

As such, those guys didn't get to hear Gruden or Jaworski or Collinworth verbally fellate Revis nearly as much as they heard them verbally fellate Woodson.

1. CB is easily a more important position than Safety.

2. There have been a hundred times we rushed an extra guy because Revis needs no help. Those sacks, throwaways, fumbles and incompletions had a lot to do with taking away QBs number one targets.

3. Safeties are supposed to make big plays, corners are supposed to prevent them. Let's see Woodson guard the likes of Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Marques Colston, Chad Ochocinco, Terrell Owens...

4. Whose defense was much much better this year?

5. There have been other Safeties who made big plays and did comparable things to Woodson, but what Corner has shutdown receivers EVERY game without exception.

Revis said all the right things on his twitter page this morning:

congrats to Charles Woodson on making the Defensive Player of the Year. I was close but maybe next year. about 13 hours ago from web

the bigger goal is goin to the superbowl and winning it. about 13 hours ago from web

i know some of u guys and gals are mad but me nor you can control this situation. thanks for the support but i look at it as go make more plays about 13 hours ago from web

Booooooooooooooooooooo

Same old story, just like baseball. The voters count INTs or Home Runs. Because they really don't see all the games. Watch the games and you will know. It is always a stat contest. To me, Woodson had more catches against him than Revis. And Revis defended 40 MORE passes. Go figure.

Archived