Mark Sanchez barked at Rex Ryan in win over Cincinnati Bengals

Jetfan13

I think shonn greene has helped a lot, but again, the falcons contained our run game 4 weeks ago without that kind of run stop commitment..

1st and 10, 7 in box

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8151b67b/Brent-Grimes-INT

That's actually 8 in the box with 1 deep safety.

No. 28, FS Thomas DeCoud is 2 yards behind the LBs. If you look at the snap of the ball, he and the 3 LBs are the only defenders standing still. Once they see it's a pass play they drop into coverage (DeCoud goes to cover Richardson, who was spread out wide).

DeCoud is the obvious extra run support. All the other DBs drop into coverage but he's the only one who stays to see if it's a run, just like the LBs.

Since everyone seems convinced that Sanchez has turned the corner, and his mistakes are in the past, what happens if he stinks this Sunday?

Everyone will overreact in the opposite direction.

Sanchez has had a few good game managing games in a row. He had a great playoff game that should've been better - but it was game management again. Not a lot of pressure on the young QB at any time in that one.

This game figures to be different.

No matter the outcome, he is still a rookie, and this will've been a great learning experience for him.

That's actually 8 in the box with 1 deep safety.

No. 28, FS Thomas DeCoud is 2 yards behind the LBs. If you look at the snap of the ball, he and the 3 LBs are the only defenders standing still. Once they see it's a pass play they drop into coverage (DeCoud goes to cover Richardson, who was spread out wide).

DeCoud is the obvious extra run support. All the other DBs drop into coverage but he's the only one who stays to see if it's a run, just like the LBs.

He's 3 yards behind and to the offenses right and is on a run read like any safety. In fact if he's in the box then the bengals have 11 in the box on the second highlight. fwiw, I don't believe that qualifies but am not really interested in arguing over 2 yards, I'm sure we can agree that it's a much less run focused look then either of the Bengals highlights

Archived