Who Are YOU Hoping For This Miracle To Happen For?

SoFlaJets

Every year it was always about me me me, wah wah wah poor SoFla, his team shyt the bed again. This year I tried something different.

My 16 year old son has really gotten into the NFL this year and I'd walk through the living room and I'd say "you're watching this game AGAIN?". He'd was watching replays of pre season games-twice. He has been a loyal Jets fan and much more even keeled than his crazy father. You'll see me cursing on banging on the rug with my fists and the poor kid is just sitting there probably thinking I'm crazy.

So last week I made a silent wish to the Gods of football for a Jets win, not for me, but for my son. Me; I saw a super bowl win in my life and would like to see another-with my son and wife...

Think of somebody you'd like this to happen for INSTEAD of yourself-it worked for me last week. Try it.

My nephew cries when the Yankees lose... (last season excluded)

It's sad to see...

But for the Jets, he cries when the refs ***** up...

It's already built in him to know bad things are coming...

If they win, maybe he'll grow up differently than I did...

I've been thinking about this and since God's plan is to create as much pain for us as possible I figure the Jets are going to win the Super Bowl. Woody Johnson just lost his daughter making this the official worst year of his life. So he will win the Super Bowl and for the rest of his life he will have to endure strangers coming up to him and saying "Remember 2009! That year was so friggin' awesome man!"

im 22 years old and I have been following the jets since i was a toddler, my dad always took me to games growing up, taught me the game of football along with all my uncles and Fire fighter friends. He's retired FDNY and has seen way more heartbreak then I have, but i have seen my share.

I would love to see them win it for him. to be waiting since the 70's? With out a doubt my dad needs it.

I can wait, all tho I would love it also:box:

I've been thinking about this and since God's plan is to create as much pain for us as possible I figure the Jets are going to win the Super Bowl. Woody Johnson just lost his daughter making this the official worst year of his life. So he will win the Super Bowl and for the rest of his life he will have to endure strangers coming up to him and saying "Remember 2009! That year was so friggin' awesome man!"

:rl:

Honestly, I'm hoping for all the posters at JN. This place would be in eternal bliss.

Hear, hear!

As for myself, I really don't know what I'd do. The Jets have been fairly miserable since I've been alive. Their winning the Super Bowl would be a complete inversion of everything I know to be true. And if they did it with a loudmouth rookie head coach, a rookie, turnover-prone QB and Brian Schottenheimer? We would be talking glitch-in-the-Matrix type stuff. It would renew my faith in God and renew my faith in hope and faith. God bless the Jets.

My father, one of the few original Jet/Met fans out there. He can literally go on for hours about all the games he saw at Shea between both franchises. I remember when I was a kid, we met Pete Rose at his restaurant in Boca and my Dad told him that he was at the infamous Bud Harrelson game; Rose immediately got pissed and asked my old man if he was one of the people who was throwing crap at him in right. Just classic. He's put in decades upon decades into following this team. Probably a small fortune as well if you consider all the tickets, flights, TV packages...etc.

Hear, hear!

As for myself, I really don't know what I'd do. The Jets have been fairly miserable since I've been alive. Their winning the Super Bowl would be a complete inversion of everything I know to be true. And if they did it with a loudmouth rookie head coach, a rookie, turnover-prone QB and Brian Schottenheimer? We would be talking glitch-in-the-Matrix type stuff. It would renew my faith in God and renew my faith in hope and faith. God bless the Jets.

Good things are possible.

**** you and **** this thread my fat azz wants them to win for me and thats it. I go to work everyday to provide food, sports crap, tuition and clothes for my five children, yeah I turned them all into Jets fans, but I dont care, I want them to win for me. I love my wife more than life itself and she cooks for me, but **** her too, I want them to win for me. I don;t ask for much, health for my family, copius amounts of food and for the JETS to win a ****ing Super Bowl. I was God Damn 3 years old when they won, still crapping my pants (and liking it), barely 150 lbs yet. Call me selfish or call me fat, go ahead call me fat and selfish, but I want the JETS to win for Crushers big fat azz. Any of you don't have anyone else to put down, put me down for the love of all thats edible. Damn it!!!

My Dad.

Sports is our biggest link to each other. Through good times and bad. Thick and thin. Sports was always there to keep us close and connected. Our teams havent won a championship since 1986. I was 12 and it wasnt really something we shared together.

I want to win it for him because I want to see the tears roll out of his eyes and down his face as we hug in celebration- for all these years we went to games..standing in a freezing cold parking lot eating hot dogs and burgers.. all those times it would have been easier to stay home, or the times it would have been easy to leave after the 3rd quarter because we sucked so bad. No. We went and endured the pain of lousy Jets football because of that hope, that one day we could look at each other in our tear-filled eyes and know that our team, the one we gave up so many sunday's for, the one that made us scream and yell at the top of our lungs, the one that made us so mad we wanted to punch a wall, our team is finally the champs.

Yeah. I want it for my dad.

Honestly, I'm hoping for all the posters at JN. This place would be in eternal bliss.

No it wouldn't. All of us JN lifers would spend all of our time miserably dealing with the flood of insane bandwagon jumpers who will make the site grow in members exponentially. We'll be ruined by success.

Fortunately.....it would be worth it.

My Dad.

Sports is our biggest link to each other. Through good times and bad. Thick and thin. Sports was always there to keep us close and connected. Our teams havent won a championship since 1986. I was 12 and it wasnt really something we shared together.

I want to win it for him because I want to see the tears roll out of his eyes and down his face as we hug in celebration- for all these years we went to games..standing in a freezing cold parking lot eating hot dogs and burgers.. all those times it would have been easier to stay home, or the times it would have been easy to leave after the 3rd quarter because we sucked so bad. No. We went and endured the pain of lousy Jets football because of that hope, that one day we could look at each other in our tear-filled eyes and know that our team, the one we gave up so many sunday's for, the one that made us scream and yell at the top of our lungs, the one that made us so mad we wanted to punch a wall, our team is finally the champs.

Yeah. I want it for my dad.

POTW nom dude, awesome. This is almost EXACTLY how I feel about my Dad. While he only really became a true Jets fan because of me, I can tell this would mean a helluva lot to him, and much like you and your Dad, my Dad and I never experienced a championship together, since I was born in 1986.

No it wouldn't. All of us JN lifers would spend all of our time miserably dealing with the flood of insane bandwagon jumpers who will make the site grow in members exponentially. We'll be ruined by success.

Fortunately.....it would be worth it.

POTW nom dude, awesome. This is almost EXACTLY how I feel about my Dad. While he only really became a true Jets fan because of me, I can tell this would mean a helluva lot to him, and much like you and your Dad, my Dad and I never experienced a championship together, since I was born in 1986.

Thanks Bro.

I used to root for the Yankees to win for my grandfather, who as he got older couldn't even watch the games any more for fear of a heart attack. I'll be damned though if right around when i started doing this the Yankees went on a run of WS wins that I was real happy he got to see before he passed away..

With the Jets, i don't know. I kind of broke the ground in my family with this freaken team. most of them are giants fans. I guess, it'd be my younger brother, whom followed me into rooting for this miserable team and lives and dies by this team like I used to before having kids..

go jets!

Well that really is simple: everyone who's ever suffered for this team. And I'm not talking about any old "fan". **** those guys who are fair-weather fans or even just watch the games but don't feel the pain of the loss or the joy of the win. You know who I want this to happen for?

For all the people who thought Eric was the Mangenius but found out he was the Mangidiot.

Everyone who thought Chad Pennington was The Future only to find out he was just The Noodle.

Everyone who thought Herm "Played to Win The Game", but later were told every drive that ends in a kick was a success and realized we were playing not to lose.

Those who were glad to have new head coach Bill Belichick, only to laugh at the pathetic New England Patriots for what they had to give the Jets for him, only to watch him coach a bitter rival to 3 Lombardi's.

For everyone who knew 1999 was finally our year, only to watch those hopes crumble in a heap with Vinny in Week 1.

Everyone who knew we were just 30 minutes from the Super Bowl in 98, only to see it fall apart around us.

Those who just knew the Big Tuna was going to bring us to the Big Dance the day he was hired, only to see him bail when it seemed so close.

For everyone who thought that Rich Kotite would turn it around for the Jets, to realize they never imagined it could be even worse to be Jets fan than it was.

And for all of the other years of heartache and frustration, a list far too long to complete here, for years of the Same Old Jets knocking on the door time and time again.

But most importantly; soon enough, all of the people who thought Rex was the man and Mark was the Sanchize, and now get to realize... they were finally right.

GO JETS!

Well that really is simple: everyone who's ever suffered for this team. And I'm not talking about any old "fan". **** those guys who are fair-weather fans or even just watch the games but don't feel the pain of the loss or the joy of the win. You know who I want this to happen for?

For all the people who thought Eric was the Mangenius but found out he was the Mangidiot.

Everyone who thought Chad Pennington was The Future only to find out he was just The Noodle.

F that..most of those SOBs will probably lament that chad wasn't here to get a ring..

Archived