JetNation.com Mentioned in the NY Times

Maxman

In all seriousness, that's pretty cool, Phil. Congratulations.

I AM surprised they didn't get Deegan's view, though. I mean, he IS an "expert" that can be consulted in the "Ask the Experts" forum on his board. I always wanted to ask him what he learned while playing defensive end at Southern Connecticut that can shed some light onto the greatness of Lawrence Taylor.

I want to know if he prefers the Lincoln Town Car or the Caddy for those Airport shuttles

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought you wanted to hide your real name, we're supposed to call you Phil now instead of Max?

I used to hide my real name but I don't anymore. I will be updating my username soon. In the meantime I would prefer if everyone just called me Sir.

Thanks.

serphnx...at least when Greenbeans was doing the POTWs you could bribe him to get a win-this new guy...I don't know...

IMHO Beans always picked very astute and insightful POTWs. The POTWs Beans picked almost had a literary and lyrical quality to them :cool0044:

IMHO Beans always picked very astute and insightful POTWs. The POTWs Beans picked almost had a literary and lyrical quality to them :cool0044:

he's such a friggin nice guy too...I had to whine to him that I never won and he chose me out of sympathy. It seemed like an important thing to win at the time...now I could care less (so he says ahem), but hey I'm not really that funny of a guy anyway-I try, but what can you say. IMO Crusher has at least 5 posts a week that could and should win. I stopped nomming him though since the Bot never listens to what I say anyway.

Congrats Phil. I do not usually get the Times on sat but went and got it today to verify this story. One tip- do not use cliches in your next interview.

At least the reporter was nice enough to ignore Phil when he tried to use "A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while."

So are those guys from JetsInsider sick right now with your mention in the Times?

This isnt the New Orleans Times Picwhatver, the Times is international. Good going Max!

I see the posting of the article is being ignoed on JI- what a surprise. Good work Phil for all the years of hard work did. Congratulate Tom Shane and GGG.

he's such a friggin nice guy too...I had to whine to him that I never won and he chose me out of sympathy. It seemed like an important thing to win at the time...now I could care less (so he says ahem), but hey I'm not really that funny of a guy anyway-I try, but what can you say. IMO Crusher has at least 5 posts a week that could and should win. I stopped nomming him though since the Bot never listens to what I say anyway.

That's not true. You nommed me my first full week here, and I won.

Bot clearly "has it out" for Crusher.

AWESOME MAX. So proud of this site. I always saw this site as not getting enough respect when compared to other Jets forums that will go unmentioned. The people that post here are a million times more quality. Congrats on the mention.

BUT I have to say this. I know of this impending doom mentality that Jets fans are so familiar with but I have to say that I dont feel part of that dying generation, and yes they are dying. Not in a physical sense but in a mental sense. The Jets have made the playoffs many times this decade and are bound for success sooner or later. I gave up on that "Same Ol Jets" idea a long time ago. This is a different era and a different state of NY. Most of the people that think that way are usually over 40 (no offense) and grew up watching Namath. Old folks like my dad who cant let go. But he is trying to be positive and trying to see the light. I think the sooner Old Skool Jets fans let go of the negativity and bad feelings the sooner this team will rise to the top...BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM AND ORGANIZATION AND THEY WILL BELIEVE IN YOU...

Archived