**** OFFICIAL NEW YORK JETS @ SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAME THREAD ****

The Gun Of Bavaria

AFC DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF

135px-New_York_Jets_helmet_rightface.png135px-San_Diego_Chargers_helmet_rightface.png

New York Jets [10-7] at San Diego Chargers [13-3]

Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, California

4:40 PM ET, Sunday, January 17th, 2009.

Columbia Broadcast System

Kickoff Weather: 59 Degrees Fahrenheit, Wind W 6mph, Wind Chill 57 Degrees Fahrenheit, Dewpoint 52 Degrees Fahrenheit, Humidity 77%

The New York Jets enter Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, CA to execute Phase III of their five phase operation. They face the AFC West Champion San Diego Chargers, winners of 11 straight. Not to be outdone, the New York Jets, winners of 3 straight and 6 of their last 7, look to continue their momentum after their sound defeat of the Cincinnati Bengals in the AFC Wild Card Playoff. After traveling 2,805 miles, the Jets look to beat the Chargers and earn a berth in the AFC Championship and the opportunity to face Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so I was listening to Sporting News radio just now on the way home and not one caller or the host gives the Jets a snowball's chance in hell to win this afternoon. "all the supposed defensive teams couldn't win today" as if Arizona is a defensive team. As for Baltimore, two things 1; Joe Flacco sucks and 2; his receivers are not even half as good as ours. Mark Clayton is friggin horrible. he can't catch the football and we complain about Edwards. No WAY Indianapolis holds us to 3 points if we play them.

I think we shock the sports world today...only 3 teams left in the AFC and we're one of them...

olOMKIE6VUc

Really really bad idea watching this now there is definetly no way I sleep tonight **** I wish it was game time I am ready to run through a ****ing wall right now.

Watch out Whale's Vagina the Jets are coming they will pillege and rape all your women and steal all your gold, lets ****ing go Play Like Jets today.

Go **** Yourself San Diego!

Oh yea is it game time yet.....

Not that it means anything, but this is by far the most confident I've ever been before a divisional rd playoff game. I know from past experiences that being so confident is probably just setting myself up for disappointment, but these Jets are not the same Jets I have been accustomed to over the past 12 or so years Ive been following. This is the first Jets team since the '98 team where we have a clear identity, that everyone, coaches, players, and fans, all buy into. Only difference is this team's identity is more battle tested and proven than the '98 team. We are going to shut teams down defensively, allowing us to control the clock with our ground game offensively, while mixing it up w. play action when the situation calls for it.

It all lies in front of you, Jets.

Ellis, Pouha, Douglas, Thomas, Scott, Harris, Pace, Sheppard, Leonhard, Rhodes, Revis.

Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody, Keller, Jones, Richardson, Edwards, Cotchery, Sanchez.

These are the men we've lived and died with this whole season. They cannot be stopped if they execute their gameplan.

GO MOTHER****ING JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so damn pumped!!!

Archived