2005 Red Sox

haggis

A team built to satisfy the fans after feasting on a World Series Championship, but not a team to WIN a WS Championship.

Yankee honks take note, there are better teams than Boston and ny this year. This White Sox team is legit and as I type the Angles have a 2 run lead on your yanks in YOUR house with YOUR #1 Horse going (and your #2 in Small).

It ain't our year, folks.

Not the yanks, not the Red Sox.

The 2005 Red Sox gave us promise, but the Schilling status and the Foulke status killed us. I also point to Renteria instead of Cabbie as a difference. F the numbers, look at intangibles. Cabbie was at home in Fenway and with this team. He was better in the clubhouse than Millar ever was. Cabrera fitted with the Red Sox like a pair of slippers. Perfect. God how I can't wait to see the ESPN ticker saying Millar is released.

I kinda sorta knew the gas wasn't there this year. The fire and desire I just didn't feel as I did last year. I felt we had a legit chance against the White Sox, but that wasn't to be. I honestly felt that if they won tonight then magic could be caught in the bottle again. But the White Sox more than showed me that they are better. They have pitching. They have hitting. The have moxie. They have the vibe to carry them. Watch them. I think they can easily take the Angels or ny. I'm not saying that solely as they beat Boston, I'm saying as a baseball fan they have it. They are legit.

Congrats White Sox. You deserved it. Now go and knock the bastard down.

A team built to satisfy the fans after feasting on a World Series Championship, but not a team to WIN a WS Championship.

Yankee honks take note, there are better teams than Boston and ny this year. This White Sox team is legit and as I type the Angles have a 2 run lead on your yanks in YOUR house with YOUR #1 Horse going (and your #2 in Small).

It ain't our year, folks.

Not the yanks, not the Red Sox.

The 2005 Red Sox gave us promise, but the Schilling status and the Foulke status killed us. I also point to Renteria instead of Cabbie as a difference. F the numbers, look at intangibles. Cabbie was at home in Fenway and with this team. He was better in the clubhouse than Millar ever was. Cabrera fitted with the Red Sox like a pair of slippers. Perfect. God how I can't wait to see the ESPN ticker saying Millar is released.

I kinda sorta knew the gas wasn't there this year. The fire and desire I just didn't feel as I did last year. I felt we had a legit chance against the White Sox, but that wasn't to be. I honestly felt that if they won tonight then magic could be caught in the bottle again. But the White Sox more than showed me that they are better. They have pitching. They have hitting. The have moxie. They have the vibe to carry them. Watch them. I think they can easily take the Angels or ny. I'm not saying that solely as they beat Boston, I'm saying as a baseball fan they have it. They are legit.

Congrats White Sox. You deserved it. Now go and knock the bastard down.

Don't lump the Yankees in the loser bunch with the sox...we are STILL in the playoff's...you got swept.

2005 NY Yankees >>>> 2005 Bos Redsox

For once, SJ is right on the money here. This Boston team was a "rebuilding year" product from day one. I cant believe that he omitted the fact that you could no longer rely on Kevin Millar's bat this year unless you penciled in a popout.

They let Pedro walk without replacing him. I dont give much credit to the OC-Renteria debate only because there was a 3rd SS involved in that musical chairs situation, David Eckstein, whom I would have opted for if I were Theo.

Foulke going down hurt us, Schilling valliantly trying to come back too early and getting hurt again killed us, the bullpen was a f*cking disaster save for Jonathan Papelbon, and Manny's sh*tty selfish attitude all combined to weaken the team that held as good a chance as anybody considering the sorry state of the other teams.

Either way, the Yanks are in big trouble too

Don't lump the Yankees in the loser bunch with the sox...we are STILL in the playoff's...you got swept.

2005 NY Yankees >>>> 2005 Bos Redsox

These Yankees are a joke...youre seeing it unfold as you type. They are NOT as good as the Angels, much less the Chisox, who really looked impressive this week.

Randy Johnson is a washed-up LOSER with a skullet. He got freaking booed off the field.

Lets not pretend that your team is something they are not.

If you spend $210 million on 25 guys and you DO NOT sweep your way to the World Series, you are the biggest bust in the history of sports!

This Boston team was a "rebuilding year" product from day one.

LOL...you guys are pathetic...WS Champs were rebuilding? LMAO...you pathetic excuse for a baseball fan.

Your team was in 1st 4/5 of the season....you made the playoff's and because you got swept by the better team now you were " rebuilding" ? You can't even be serious?

Well...If you ever had any credibility ...it just went out the window.

Jesus Christ you sox fans are pathetic. I love how both of the sox fans had to throw in we won't win either...Like that takes away the sting from this sweep.

Pathetic.

You don't even deserve a post from me or any Yankee fans. You don't even believe the GARBAGE you spewed all season...how pathetic.

Smizzy, Take OFF the AL East blinders. There are better teams this year.

Your #1 just got f-ing smoked tonight at home. It ain't gonna happen.

Angels and White Sox are very, very good teams. The White Sox look loose enough and good enough to make a run all the way.

LOL...you guys are pathetic...WS Champs were rebuilding? LMAO...you pathetic excuse for a baseball fan.

Your team was in 1st 4/5 of the season....you made the playoff's and because you got swept by the better team now you were " rebuilding" ? You can't even be serious?

Well...If you ever had any credibility ...it just went out the window.

Jesus Christ you sox fans are pathetic. I love how both of the sox fans had to throw in we won't win either...Like that takes away the sting from this sweep.

Pathetic.

You don't even deserve a post from me or any Yankee fans. You don't even believe the GARBAGE you spewed all season...how pathetic.

Why did we lead 4/5 of the way? Because the yanks stank this year. You are currently being exposed as I type this. Don't point to just Boston this year. The AL East was the weakest it has been for years.

These Yankees are a joke...youre seeing it unfold as you type. They are NOT as good as the Angels, much less the Chisox, who really looked impressive this week.

Randy Johnson is a washed-up LOSER with a skullet. He got freaking booed off the field.

Lets not pretend that your team is something they are not.

If you spend $210 million on 25 guys and you DO NOT sweep your way to the World Series, you are the biggest bust in the history of sports!

You pathetic front running POS. Have fun watching the Yankees this weekend...I know the Redsox will.

Hey..atleast you made the playoff's right? :lol:

Smizzy, Take OFF the AL East blinders. There are better teams this year.

Your #1 just got f-ing smoked tonight at home. It ain't gonna happen.

Angels and White Sox are very, very good teams. The White Sox look loose enough and good enough to make a run all the way.

We look like sh*t....has nothing to do with that colossal failure the 2005 Boston Redsox.

We look like Sh#t....has nothing to do with that colossal failure the 2005 Boston Redsox.

But it puts into perspective how bad your yanks are. You played second fiddle to a bad baseball team for 4/5 of the year.

You are now being exposed. Just like Boston was.

But it puts into perspective how bad your yanks are. You played second fiddle to a bad baseball team for 4/5 of the year.

You are now being exposed. Just like Boston was.

Actually it puts your 2004 WS championship into perspective....FLUKE.

Your team was the king of the hill...not the Yankees.

THE SOX DROPPED THE BALL. Now we look horrid? dude...get a grip...take your loss like a man and go get a beer or something.

Being here fighting with me about how bad the Yankees stink after you just got swept isn't your style SJ...it's bosoxfan's.

Actually it puts your 2004 WS championship into perspective....FLUKE.

WRONG!

You calling the Cardinals a bad team? They have proved this year just how good they were. If anything, it cements just how tight the Red Sox were down the stretch last year.

The 2005 is NOTHING like the classic, never to be forgotten, one of the best ever asesembled MLB teams.

It was without:

Pedro

Schilling

Foulke

Lowe

(all pitching so far did you notice?)

Cabrera

Roberts

8 in a row last year in the post season. I don't think you have fully digested this fact. The Red Sox HAD to be damn good to do that against the yanks and the Cardinals.

No...Im calling the sox a fluke.

Let me translate: I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and yelling yayayayayayayayaya and refuse to believe it happened last year.

You DID give the Sox props last year. Now you are doing a 180?? :shock: What is this, a Ham mully??

I know you are frustrated that you know your yanks won't win it all this year, but don't clutch at straws. Just admit this year you will be like the Red Sox did. At lose at the ALDS.

Let me translate: I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and yelling yayayayayayayayaya and refuse to believe it happened last year.

You DID give the Sox props last year. Now you are doing a 180?? :shock: What is this, a Ham mully??

I know you are frustrated that you know your yanks won't win it all this year, but don't clutch at straws. Just admit this year you will be like the Red Sox did. At lose at the ALDS.

I did give them props,they earned them....this is a different yr and team....down...0-3 and win 8 straight is fluke like...No?

BTW....Im not mad the Yankees were eliminated from the playoff's...it hasn't happened yet and you telling me it's over when you won a WS last yr down 3 games is utter bullsh*t.

This night of sorrow belongs to the sox alone...sunshine.

You are all full of crap.

Go back and take a look at all the pre season predictions.

JBF:Sox have the deepest bullpen in all of baseball.

Sounds Yankee fans should start getting used to

Edgar's Better.

Myself: Picking the Yanks beating the Astros to win the World Series. Randy Johnson winning 20 plus games

Other quotes during the year.

Wade Miller, Matt Clement, David Wells better than Pedro, Lowe,

It came from both sides. We both thought the Yanks and the Sox improved themselves from last year. Whether it was the Yankees with Pavano and Johnson, or the Sox with Edgar, Clement and Wells we both thought that these teams would roll through the American League heading for yet another October show down.

Well funny things have happened along the way haven't they ? So JBF before spewing more idocy in declaring this a rebuilding go take a good hard long look at everything you wrote this season about your beloved mini Yankees.

These two teams have gotten so obsessed with one another that the rest of the American League has not only caught up to them but are passing them as we speak.

Now as far as the Yankees are concerned. I do think they will win game 4 with Chacon it has been that kind of year where the big money guys have bombed. (Thank you Mr. Johnson and Mr.Pavano, Mr. Brown etc)

Game though with Mussina ? Well it better be all hands on deck for that one.

Archived