Ok, who's going?

ZachEY

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion it just doesn't make sense to make this trip, and I am usually the first person to head out on a road trip.

If you are the same as me, you are DEFINITELY going to the superbowl if the jets make it, no question. HAving said that and if you are also going to go to the superbowl there are 2 possible outcomes for next week.

1) The jets lose to indy. I really don't feel like spending a ton of money and traveling to see a loss. The ride home always sucks, and you know colts fans will be particularly douchey because of week 16.

2) the jets win, in which case who cares about being at the AFC champ game because I AM GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!! Why spend the money and take the time off for this game, I would rather put it toward my superbowl trip. Lets say airfor costs 300 when it is said and done, tix will cost 200 at leas and hotel for one night will be 150. I would take that 650 and put it toward a better bowl ticket or for Tootsies victory lap dances in miami.

I just don't see any real benefit to going to this game, unless you have all the time and money that going to both games just is no big deal for you.

Dude.. I heard it's like 1800 to buy a single (bad) SB ticket today and the teams aren't even known yet. Next week it could be 50% more, not to mention how expensive the hotels will be..

It makes sense to go to this game if the SB isnt going to be feasible..

Dude.. I heard it's like 1800 to buy a single (bad) SB ticket today and the teams aren't even known yet. Next week it could be 50% more, not to mention how expensive the hotels will be..

I just looked on the http://nfl.com/ticketexchange site. For Indy tickets start at $200 in the uppers. For the Super Bowl they start at $2,000 for the uppers.

I am thinking Indy sounds pretty good. If the Jets make it to the Super Bowl maybe a JetNation Super Bowl bash is in order!

Super Bowl or Roth IRA contribution.............

That's roughly 700 bucks.

I will pay that if I can kick you in the nuts as hard as I can.

Twice.

Seriously.

Are you serious? I know the recession is over but $700 is a lot of money. I would think about getting kicked in the nuts for that amount. Can we do $500 for one time and I own the video rights?

Are you serious? I know the recession is over but $700 is a lot of money. I would think about getting kicked in the nuts for that amount. Can we do $500 for one time and I own the video rights?

Kicking you in the nuts is only worth about $20 to me.

Cost aside, it would be WAY better to go to Indy than the Super Bowl. There's nothing like going into another team's house and having people look at you like you have a giant lump on your forehead, and you can say you were there when the Jets won the game that sent them to the Super Bowl.

The best part about any Super Bowl is being able to throw/go to a party, and this would get amped up to the extreme if the Jets get there. I imagine going to the Super Bowl, while a thrill, would not be as fun an experience. You're sitting around a lot of people with varying amounts of interest in the game, whereas you're guarenteed to be dealing with rabid fans in a road conference championship game. Much more fun.

Cost aside, it would be WAY better to go to Indy than the Super Bowl. There's nothing like going into another team's house and having people look at you like you have a giant lump on your forehead, and you can say you were there when the Jets won the game that sent them to the Super Bowl.

The best part about any Super Bowl is being able to throw/go to a party, and this would get amped up to the extreme if the Jets get there. I imagine going to the Super Bowl, while a thrill, would not be as fun an experience. You're sitting around a lot of people with varying amounts of interest in the game, whereas you're guarenteed to be dealing with rabid fans in a road conference championship game. Much more fun.

The Super Bowl atmosphere (during the game) when you are with people that don't much care about football to an extent is probably pretty lame.

I would be in a section with Who fans. I know it.

Did you find out any info on the bus trips? I would be intersted in that route depending on the particulars... When leaving, when returning, cost etc.

Go with airfair, prices are reasonable, it is the game ticket that is crazy

I would be in a section with Who fans. I know it.

i would loveeeeeeeeeee that! dont make me bump that thread. :P

serious question.. is there some kind of lottery for season tix fans? i thought there was.. still might be financially out of range...

i do think it sucks that the superbowl is for non fans.

each team should at least have 1/4 of the stadium.. and if they dont sell the tickets (ha!) they go to the general public.

there are some bad things that i would do for a ticket..lol.. too bad no one would give me that offer. :lol:

Not for nothing but if the Jets go to the Super Bowl the ticket prices would be out of control..you are looking at least 2500 for upper level seats...that is plain crazy

Yup, but NY Giant fans held out in Phoenix and broke the scalpers prices. Towards the last few days leading up to game prices dropped like lead.

If NO goes, I'd imagine prices will go out the roof and stay there because travel would be easy and Saints fans will flock there like geese.

Beware of fake tickets. They were floating around the last 2 times I went. IIRC, the SuperBowl website had pics of a real ticket and a list safety features that distinguish it from a fake.

living in S Fla, I decided to order my Super Bowl tickets instead..I really don't want to be in a hostile environment in a championship game so I will wait for the bigger game at a neutral site...

:yahoo:

did you realy get SB tixs??

did you realy get SB tixs??

Working on it. Not hard to get if you don't mind spending the $$$ but hey, its in my back yard. If I had to travel, with air fare & hotels it wouls cost me 4 times as much. Of course, we stillhave one major road block next Sunday, but hey, I can always re-sell them

The ball bounced his way. How many other times would it have hit the ground?

Also, Kaeding missing 2 easy FG's when hes been money all year.

The lucky bounces are going NY's way.

When you play hard you catch breaks...

You ever think Kaeding missed those not because of bad luck but because he was scared of the pressure the JETS ST was applying?

Also while the bounce was "lucky" as you call it... just about every tipped pass has to have a "lucky" bounce... getting it the way Revis did just shows how good he is.

The ball bounced his way. How many other times would it have hit the ground?

Also, Kaeding missing 2 easy FG's when hes been money all year.

The lucky bounces are going NY's way.

As I said in the Clayton thread. You are right. Jets got lucky.

Every team gets lucky in a game. The difference is, the Jets took advantage of their lucky bounces, enough so to have more points than the Chargers when time ran out.

It's incredibly similar to the Pats 'luck' not that long ago.

As I said in the Clayton thread. You are right. Jets got lucky.

Every team gets lucky in a game. The difference is, the Jets took advantage of their lucky bounces, enough so to have more points than the Chargers when time ran out.

It's incredibly similar to the Pats 'luck' not that long ago.

just off the top of my head, The Jets knocking out Bledsoe, THE TUCK GAME, the out of bounds fumble call by Uncle Walt Coleman....

anyone else? Come on, pitch in

just off the top of my head, The Jets knocking out Bledsoe, THE TUCK GAME, the out of bounds fumble call by Uncle Walt Coleman....

anyone else? Come on, pitch in

That's my whole point.

The Pats did a great job of taking advantage of the opportunities presented to them. It's nice to see the Jets doing that as well.

You don't luck your way into the AFC Championship, but you do need some luck along the way.

I'm just glad to see the Jets finally taking advantage of opportunities. Has that ever happened?

I would go, but to be honest, I have been watching Jet games with my sons , GreenBeans etc for 20ish years here in Raleigh at Fan Club. Had season tix at Shea in old days.

We are having such a blast now at bar, I am gonna stay here and watch.

I am going to organize my 2 sons to make a Jet game next year at new stadium..we will coordinate when lots of JN posters are there an dhave a greta tailgate..

Archived