My Mom is writing CBS about Simms!

GREENLANTERN

Seriously, I talked to my Mom on the phone during(big plays) in the game and after the game. And she is livid at that guy who calls himself an announcer. All he did the whole game is root for the chargers. He has always done that(except when Parcells was here) when he commentates(if you can call it that) against the Jets. I am so sick of hearing this guy when I watch football. His ineptitude to be unbiased is really sickening. He fits in perfectly with the main stream media.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, I talked to my Mom on the phone during(big plays) in the game and after the game. And she is livid at that guy who calls himself an announcer. All he did the whole game is root for the chargers. He has always done that(except when Parcells was here) when he commentates(if you can call it that) against the Jets. I am so sick of hearing this guy when I watch football. His ineptitude to be unbiased is really sickening. He fits in perfectly with the main stream media.

I think Simms has actually gotten a lot better regarding the Jets than he ever used to be. The guy always has a ton of good to say about Sanchez and he even sided with the Jets on a few of the calls that went against them (e.g., the pathetically bad overturn of the fumble). I'll give you that in the past he used to seem to have a grudge against them, but he really seems to just shoot straight on them these days. I don't have any problems with him.

This is odd, Simms is usually pro-Jets, at least when we're good. He's done a ton of our games in the past because of both of his sons having games on weekends here when they were both in high school. He was pretty much Chad's #1 fan in 2006, and he seemed to be pretty optimistic for the Jets all game today; particularly on the Jackson fumble and especially their chances at the half.

lolz...

For those of you defending Simms...

I want you to keep this in mind...

On the Jim Leonhard forced fumble that was called back...

"He didn't initiate contact as the ball was being caught..."

"Therefore, my interpretation of the rule is that it wasn't a completed pass"...

No A-hole... It's the exact opposite... :rolleyes:

This statement is true, and CBS is in the forefront of that mainstream status.

no offense man, I think you were hearing what you wanted to hear.

It was a pretty straight game

I'm pretty sure Simms supported Vincent Jackson's kicking of Rex' flag. Don't ask me why.

I'd prefer they fire the advertising guy that put Ted Ginn's kickoff return on the screen. And then for some reason they showed a Sanchez INT against the Falcons randomly.

Yes, Simms definitely supported Jackson kicking the flag. He said he didn't understand how it could be a penalty. Well, f him. If someone did that to Bellicheat or Indy's coach, it would have been totally unacceptable.

That Papa John's commercial with Ted Ginn - WTF? As soon as I saw that, I said well there goes the whole NYC/NJ metro area NOT ordering Papa John's pizza. Domino's ftw.

i didnt have a problem with Simms at all today. I dont understand how he thought that there shouldnt be a penalty when jackson kicked the flag but o well.

I think he was saying something similar to what my dad was saying, that it shouldn't have been as severe as it was. Saying that it should be the equivalent to delay of game 5 yards and not an equivalent of if he punched someone and got a personal foul of 15

I think what made it 15 was that he kicked it back at the jets sideline.

Yes, Simms definitely supported Jackson kicking the flag. He said he didn't understand how it could be a penalty. Well, f him. If someone did that to Bellicheat or Indy's coach, it would have been totally unacceptable.

That Papa John's commercial with Ted Ginn - WTF? As soon as I saw that, I said well there goes the whole NYC/NJ metro area NOT ordering Papa John's pizza. Domino's ftw.

I changed the channel when that came on. All the people at our house party supported me doing so.

I didn't like it when he just assumed we would go 3 runs and out at the end of the game. It took 4, but they got it. Other than that, I thought he was fine.

And he's way better than Joe Buck. Joe Buck is only one step above Joe Theismann. And everyone else is at least one story above them.

That's funny...whenever I watch Simms, I feel like he favors the Jets. I didn't get the vibe like he was against them at all yestderday

I never really thought that at all today. If anything I thought he was kind of pulling for the Jets. Nance was the guy who sounded like he was favoring San Diego most of the game.

Simms has his days, but I thought he was actually very good on this game.

I'm pretty sure Simms supported Vincent Jackson's kicking of Rex' flag. Don't ask me why.

I'd prefer they fire the advertising guy that put Ted Ginn's kickoff return on the screen. And then for some reason they showed a Sanchez INT against the Falcons randomly.

He did, but that is prob just a tough ex-player saying "What's the big deal?"

I think he was saying something similar to what my dad was saying, that it shouldn't have been as severe as it was. Saying that it should be the equivalent to delay of game 5 yards and not an equivalent of if he punched someone and got a personal foul of 15

I think what made it 15 was that he kicked it back at the jets sideline.

no...what made it 15 is that it was an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and those are 15 yard penalties.....and it was deserved because what jackson did was completely disrespectful.

Tell your mom that the intern at CBS Sports who reads it will probably find it hysterical.

For what it's worth, unless she's moved on (since last December) the receptionist on the 15th floor is very cute.

:rl:

I didn't think Simms was biased at all yesterday. He was his usual self. Right now, Simms and Collinsworth are the best in the biz.

He did, but I thought he backtracked a little when they showed the replay of Jackson kicking it. Maybe someone who DVR'd the game can take a look.

Sorry, GL, but your mother is dead wrong.

Simms called a great game and he pointed out stuff we were thinking in our head (such as the change in defensive strategy by the Jets).

I love idiots that actually care who "announcers are rooting for". I am sure you can find a number of mental midget Charger fans that would say the same thing as the original poster. When I hear or see someone complaining about the refs or the announcers, I know they don't know much about the game.

Archived