Were the chargers better than the Colts?

JerryK

Just curious.

From a Stats perspective:

-SD Scored more points, and had only slightly higher Points against. Both fair weather teams.

-The pregame hype said "SD might even be the best team in the AFC right now!".

-Dungy LIKED US in the pregame, and was the only one to say 'look guys, I think this'll be a lot closer game than you think'. Then they houded him into picking SD.

From a Matchups perspective:

I got nothing. You guys know more about this than me. Do the colts have any more receiver threats than SD had? They don't have a TE like Gates, right?

This should probably be a poll, but that's too much work for me.

No. I don't think the Chargers hold a candle to the Colts. Offensively or defensively.

I know about the stats. I don't care.

I think this is exactly wrong. Chargers are better. More balanced offense. If we take away Manning's deep targets, we can neutralize their offense.

I don't think Indy's run defense is going to do as well as SD's did in the first half, either.

I'm gonna hate myself for drinking the Kool-Aid, but I think we've already played our toughest game in the conference tournament. The Super Bowl is a whole different matter. Both of those teams scare me.

Just curious.

-SD Scored more points, and had only slightly higher Points against. Both fair weather teams.

-Dungy LIKED US in the pregame, and was the only one to say 'look guys, I think this'll be a lot closer game than you think'. Then they houded him into picking SD.

I got nothing. You guys know more about this than me. Do the colts have any more receiver threats than SD had? They don't have a TE like Gates, right?

colts have dallas clark.....i think antonio gates is better but clark is pretty damn good. manning>rivers. wayne and jackson is a wash, imo. i think their offenses are on the same level personally. colts probbaly have a slightly better running game. but manning is the key.

colts have dallas clark.....i think antonio gates is better but clark is pretty damn good. manning>rivers. wayne and jackson is a wash, imo. i think their offenses are on the same level personally. colts probbaly have a slightly better running game. but manning is the key.

Gates is more physically gifted than Clark but Clark has turned into the better performer.

He has put better numbers than Gates the last two years and is even more important to Indy's success than Gates is to the Chargers.

Just curious.

When did CBS hire Dungy? I missed it. (it was cowher)

Just curious.

Here's my opinions.

Wayne > Jackson. Cause Wayne is a better route runner and him and Peyton just are on the same page at all times

Clark and Gates are a wash to me. Gates is bigger and more physical while Clark runs better routes and like Wayne, is on the same page with timing with Peyton.

Collie RIPPED US TO SHREDS last game. Those smaller slot receivers seem to destroy us, not to mention Clark had a big game in 3 quarters vs us.

All in all, Colts are the better team.

I think this is exactly wrong. Chargers are better. More balanced offense. If we take away Manning's deep targets, we can neutralize their offense.

I don't think Indy's run defense is going to do as well as SD's did in the first half, either.

I'm gonna hate myself for drinking the Kool-Aid, but I think we've already played our toughest game in the conference tournament. The Super Bowl is a whole different matter. Both of those teams scare me.

This is my exact take, too.

SD's knocked the Colts out of the playoffs a couple times. Colts did not want to face them.

Here's my opinions.

Wayne > Jackson. Cause Wayne is a better route runner and him and Peyton just are on the same page at all times

Clark and Gates are a wash to me. Gates is bigger and more physical while Clark runs better routes and like Wayne, is on the same page with timing with Peyton.

Collie RIPPED US TO SHREDS last game. Those smaller slot receivers seem to destroy us, not to mention Clark had a big game in 3 quarters vs us.

All in all, Colts are the better team.

Well said.

Chargers and Colts run games = equally crappy

Gates and Clark = wash

Jackson and Wayne = Wayne with an extremely slim advantage

The difference is Manning is better than Rivers, and Collie/Gar

NEW YORK JETS HEART AND DETERMINATION AND I DONT GIVE A CRAP WHO YOU ARE WE ARE STILL GOING TO COMPLETELY DESTROY YOU ATTITUDE > EVERYONE ELSE INCLUDING THE COLTS.

The Jets definitely have the psychological edge. They're playing with house money, and I hope Rex is keeping them extra loose. I'd certainly take the, "we're not even supposed to be here, so let's have fun!" approach. I have a feeling Rex can handle that, "Three home teams and the f^ckin' Jets!"

Colts, meanwhile, will be revisiting their decision to give up on a perfect season against the Jets over and over again. Would've been very little talk about that this week had the Chargers beaten the Jets, but instead it'll be coming out of every reporters mouth. And they know if they lose, they'll only have themselves to blame. I absolutely believe the Colts would've beaten the Jets that day, but this Sunday the Jets will be coming in much looser and more confident.

I think you're mistaken, it' snot the Colts long game that's gonna hurt us. It's those intermediate timing routes.

Either way I do think the Chargers are the 2nd best team in the AFC. It was a hell of a game and I am still on cloud 9 today.

As was just mentioned the Colts have Collie...

That's exactly the type of receiver we can't cover... They also have Garcon...

We will have more issues with their passing game in a man to man scheme...

We will have to ultimately play a lot of zone like you saw in the first half...

Which leads to issues with them finding the open seam in the middle...

The game is winnable but will be a lot tougher than SD, regardless of what the stats tell you...

We matched up perfectly with SD... We match up okay with the Colts...

Let's hope that's enough and Manning has an off game...

Archived