JETS February Tickets

jetophile

Yeah, you heard me right. :P

The first thing I do this morning when I get up is call the Jets FO. Back in 1998, the Jets put season ticket holders account numbers into a lottery. If your account number got picked, you were offered tickets. The guy next to us got in, we didn't; and luckily I didn't have to run anyone over with a bus because we all know what happened that year.

So I ask the rep, OK, what's happening this time and how are you guys doing it, lottery system again? "Well, we've gotten a lot of phone calls today regarding this, and I assure you, we are working diligently on how to approach this issue." "If it is a lottery, I'll be really upset if it's not based on seniority. Why should some guy who has had tickets for three years get them over people who've had them since the 60's?" "Many people have voiced their concern over this. We will do whatever we can to make it as fair as possible. You will be receiving an email soon."

I hang up the phone, and the cynic in me (how you can blame me) thinks: "RIGHT. Only the rubes who bought PSLs are gonna get dibs, any left over scraps get thrown into a lottery with no regard for seniority." Betcha I'm gonna be at least half right.

EDIT & P.S.: And don't forget that people that have them since the 60's have really only had them since 1977. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you heard me right. :P

The first thing I do this morning when I get up is call the Jets FO. Back in 1998, the Jets put season ticket holders account numbers into a lottery. If your account number got picked, you were offered tickets. The guy next to us got in, we didn't; and luckily I didn't have to run anyone over with a bus because we all know what happened that year.

So I ask the rep, OK, what's happening this time and how are you guys doing it, lottery system again? "Well, we've gotten a lot of phone calls today regarding this, and I assure you, we are working diligently on how to approach this issue." "If it is a lottery, I'll be really upset if it's not based on seniority. Why should some guy who has had tickets for three years get them over people who've had them since the 60's?" "Many people have voiced their concern over this. We will do whatever we can to make it as fair as possible. You will be receiving an email soon."

I hang up the phone, and the cynic in me (how you can blame me) thinks: "RIGHT. Only the rubes who bought PSL's are gonna get dibs, any left over scraps get thrown into a lottery with no regard for seniority." Betcha I'm gonna be at least half right.

Each Season Ticket holder should be treated equally this is not effing China

Archived