Alright, who's in for a Cougar Cruise?

ZachEY

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=14737.blog

Is Royal Caribbean the new bad boy of the cruise industry?

The world's second largest cruise line says it will pick up where industry leader Carnival left off in hosting a "cougar cruise" organized by California-based Singles Travel Company.

The Second International Cougar Cruise, as it's being called, will take place May 16-23 on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas.

Carnival hosted what was billed as the world's first cougar cruise last month on the 2,056-passenger Carnival Elation -- a three-night romp that drew international headlines -- but said last week it has decided to ban the concept for the future, despite what is reportedly huge demand for the voyages.

The controversial escapade, which took place Dec. 4-7, was aimed at older woman who pursue younger men -- or "cougars," in contemporary lingo.

RELATED: A cruise for divorcees? That's the plan at one line

ALSO ONLINE: Will the arrival of cruise ships ruin historic Charleston?

ALSO ONLINE: Fuel surcharges kick back in for some cruisers

The new cougar cruise on the 3,114-passenger Mariner will be a longer, seven-night voyage from Los Angeles to Mexico with stops in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.

Like Carnival, Royal Caribbean only is hosting the event, not marketing or organizing it. The trip is the brainchild of the Singles Travel Company, which has blocked group space on the ship. The company is selling cabins starting at $399 per person, based on double occupancy, not including taxes and fees.

"We have no reason to deny this group the opportunity to sail on our ship," Royal Caribbean spokeswoman Cynthia Martinez tells USA TODAY. "We assume this group will follow our guest conduct policy, just like any other guest. We have no reason to think otherwise."

Carnival's De la Cruz didn't say why Carnival had banned future cougar cruises. The International Cougar Cruise's organizers have said the first voyage was a smash sell-out with a lengthy waiting list of people wanting to get on board.

Details of what occurred on board are scanty. Singles Travel Company had promised three days of singles meet-ups, dancing and "partying" inspired by Valerie Gibson's 2001 book Cougar: A Guide for Older Women Dating Younger Men -- a pitch that was filled with innuendo. As the firm had noted in a press release, a cougar "knows exactly what she wants ... (and) what she doesn't want is children, cohabitation or commitment."

Organizers had noted 2009 was "the year of the cougar," according to a recent story in Newsweek. The term has gone ever more mainstream with TV shows like Courteney Cox's recently launched Cougar Town on ABC and the Bachelor-like reality dating show The Cougar.

I generally don't go for older women, but the cougars in Kentucky when I was out there for the cincy game were pretty hot. The NYC cougars and northeast cougars in general are all beat up looking from the tanning beds and smoking and booze.

I have to agree there, went to a cousins B-day party in LI and all the moms/cougars were beat up. The ones down here are hot, older women rock IMO.

If it were leaving out of NYC I'd be game.

This is something I don't understand.

Why would a young dude want to bang something approximately the age of their mother?

Any of the older cats (40 above) on this site might get what I mean. Maybe not. But after the divorce I was 34 and didn;t do anything but spank, workout, and work for the first year. Then I had a little break.

But after I got going the only thing I could think of was young fresh hot younger babes. Nothing crazy, above 21 because I aint bout trying to have a chick who can;t show up with a 12 pack.

The thing is when I met my first wife she was absolutely outstanding. Freakishly fine italian hispanic mix, thats why all my kids are so good looking and I look like Im collecting a debt.

She was 23 when we got together 27 when we got married. First couple years of marraige she looked outstanding. But 1 kid.. bounced back just fine. 2 kids.. Still looked great but had to put in the "for her age"moniker. 3. 3rd kid.. she trained like a beast, worked with a very good nutritionist, and after a really excellent boob job she looked great agiain. FOR HER AGE This is when she decided to do alittle cougaring herself. Might not wanna ask about her friend.

I just don;t understand what the hell the hurry is for you younger dudes to bang somebody's grandmother? The milf thing I could understand, but this couger thing is beyond me.

Don;t get me wrong, their are alot of really good looking older ladies, happen to be married to one, but the ratio of hotties to notties is not in your favor. If you need an adventure get a young hotty and go diving for clams.

Why would a young dude want to bang something approximately the age of their mother?

I think young dudes just want to bang anything.. it's probably no more complicated then that..

Any of the older cats (40 above) on this site might get what I mean. Maybe not. But after the divorce I was 34 and didn;t do anything but spank, workout, and work for the first year. Then I had a little break.

But after I got going the only thing I could think of was young fresh hot younger babes. Nothing crazy, above 21 because I aint bout trying to have a chick who can;t show up with a 12 pack.

The thing is when I met my first wife she was absolutely outstanding. Freakishly fine italian hispanic mix, thats why all my kids are so good looking and I look like Im collecting a debt.

She was 23 when we got together 27 when we got married. First couple years of marraige she looked outstanding. But 1 kid.. bounced back just fine. 2 kids.. Still looked great but had to put in the "for her age"moniker. 3. 3rd kid.. she trained like a beast, worked with a very good nutritionist, and after a really excellent boob job she looked great agiain. FOR HER AGE This is when she decided to do alittle cougaring herself. Might not wanna ask about her friend.

I just don;t understand what the hell the hurry is for you younger dudes to bang somebody's grandmother? The milf thing I could understand, but this couger thing is beyond me.

Don;t get me wrong, their are alot of really good looking older ladies, happen to be married to one, but the ratio of hotties to notties is not in your favor. If you need an adventure get a young hotty and go diving for clams.

My mother is 45. That's too old. I'm 24. 90% of women and to be fair men my age still haven't figured out how to wipe their own asses properly. 30 is a nice age. No mind games, no bull****. I've had better experience dating in the 27-32 range than I have the 18-25 range.

My mother is 45. That's too old. I'm 24. 90% of women and to be fair men my age still haven't figured out how to wipe their own asses properly. 30 is a nice age. No mind games, no bull****. I've had better experience dating in the 27-32 range than I have the 18-25 range.

Thats the milf range. I understand that and actually got treated to a couple real nice ones during my college years. But above that, it's become popular makes no sense to me.

CTM is probably right in most cases, but Ive met some younger dudes who really have a fascination with it. I dont get it.

Cougars know how to give the perfect BJ and love pearl necklaces

I think young dudes just want to bang anything.. it's probably no more complicated then that..

1) Yes

2) The fantasy that there is some magical sexual wisdom they can impart upon us

3) The fantasy that they will buy us things and eventually die and leave us their fortunes from their divorce.

This.

When I was younger, I always found older women hot (30-40). It was the idea that they were experienced and would be up for anything that was a turn on. I remember banging a 28 year old when I was 18 and I thought I was a major league stud. Now some of those cougars are younger than me so that's out, but younger chicks would the way to go. Of course, I'm not so sure my wife would let me indulge in any of that anyway.

Archived