Brad Smith Running the Wildcat

gang_green24

Brad Smith should not throw the ball. Jets can't be risking stupid turnovers in this game. Schottie's at his best when he's not getting too cute. I want the guy at his best this week.

If they want to have Brad pump-fake one time, great. That's as close to throwing the ball as he should come.

Brad Smith should not throw the ball. Jets can't be risking stupid turnovers in this game. Schottie's at his best when he's not getting too cute. I want the guy at his best this week.

If they want to have Brad pump-fake one time, great. That's as close to throwing the ball as he should come.

Shades of Leon Johnson

Lamont against the Ravens scenario.

I'm with you. If we don't trust the kid who started 18 games for us to throw it, why trust a guy who was a QB,what? 5 years ago in college throw it? I thought it would be a nice change,too, but then i actually thought.

rememberthat Lions game to get into the playoffs some time ago, where I think Leon Johnson or someone lost the game bythrowing a pick in the endzone on a flea ficker?

i wouldn't mind a flea flicker where the rb flips it back to Sanchez and let him airit out to Edwards,either to start the game when they've been waiting for our running game all week or after we've pounded the shiit out of them all day and they just lulled to sleep. that could also give the kid confidence if he completed it.

rememberthat Lions game to get into the playoffs some time ago, where I think Leon Johnson or someone lost the game bythrowing a pick in the endzone on a flea ficker?

Yes, it was Leon Johnson. Technically, it was not a flea flicker. It was a halfback option.

Also, if there had been instant replay in 1997, I'm sure the call on the field would have been reversed. Bryant Westbrook clearly did not have both feet inbounds.

I'm with you. If we don't trust the kid who started 18 games for us to throw it, why trust a guy who was a QB,what? 5 years ago in college throw it? I thought it would be a nice change,too, but then i actually thought.

i wouldn't mind a flea flicker where the rb flips it back to Sanchez and let him airit out to Edwards,either to start the game when they've been waiting for our running game all week or after we've pounded the shiit out of them all day and they just lulled to sleep. that could also give the kid confidence if he completed it.

I have been hoping to see something like this for weeks and seriously hope it;s this week. Use the fact that they are keying on the run to take advantage of the moment and throw the knife into them. It would work. Then they get cautious and on the heels a bit and we pound em. Nice! :Ban:

Yes, it was Leon Johnson. Technically, it was not a flea flicker. It was a halfback option.

Also, if there had been instant replay in 1997, I'm sure the call on the field would have been reversed. Bryant Westbrook clearly did not have both feet inbounds.

thanks for the correction the flea flicker is whati 'd like 2c I dont even want a reviewable INT

Unless Brad Smith is going to run up the middle on the wildcat, I don't want to see it at all.

The Colts have a fast defense and as we saw in the last Indy game, running plays to the outside don't work.

This is a North & South game for the Jets rushing offense. The Colts are worse at defending the run than the Chargers. But the Colts' defense is SMALLER than the Chargers, which means they will be warn down quicker with the Ground & Pound.

The Jets play this game straight up & win the turnover battle then they'll win.

I think there should def. be an option this week. Teams are all over Smith when he comes in lately because they don't fear the pass. They know it's either him or usually Greene that will be running so they just stuff the box. I think they should draw up one play where there is a deep route and a safety outlet. He can take a look at the big play and if it's not wide open then use the underneath route to just get a completion and make the Colts have to think more when he is in the game. If both aren't there then just throw it away. Either way if he shows it's a pass only play the Colts will have to take an extra second or two to decide to go after him or not. That could set up a big run by him later in the game.

Unless Brad Smith is going to run up the middle on the wildcat, I don't want to see it at all.

The Colts have a fast defense and as we saw in the last Indy game, running plays to the outside don't work.

This is a North & South game for the Jets rushing offense. The Colts are worse at defending the run than the Chargers. But the Colts' defense is SMALLER than the Chargers, which means they will be warn down quicker with the Ground & Pound.

The Jets play this game straight up & win the turnover battle then they'll win.

+1 Do we even know if Smith can throw worth a damn? Ray Lucas was able to do it, but he was a passing QB in college. Smith was basically a runningback who lobbed a few to open guys. In the pros, those passes are batted away.

Back to the post above, we need to pound it between the tackles, early and often.

+1 Do we even know if Smith can throw worth a damn? Ray Lucas was able to do it, but he was a passing QB in college. Smith was basically a runningback who lobbed a few to open guys. In the pros, those passes are batted away.

Back to the post above, we need to pound it between the tackles, early and often.

The dude had the NCAA record for passing at Mizzu i believe...so YES...but since he has only passed what like twice he might not be comfortable...either way i think its time to exploit that.

I tend to agree with you, but I suspect we'll see them lineup in the formation at least once in the first half to let them know they have to think about it. A QB draw from the shotgun wouldn't be a bad idea. He can maybe make all the folks who want him to throw a little happy by pump faking before he tucks it under and runs straight ahead.

Teams are all over Smith when he comes in lately because they don't fear the pass. They know it's either him or usually Greene that will be running so they just stuff the box. I think they should draw up one play where there is a deep route and a safety outlet....

I get your logic, but really defenses are all over the Jets running game whether Smith is in there or not because they don't fear the pass. The Jets should get Sanchez passing some early on first or second down. Can't get cute with Brad Smith throwing for the first time in years. It'll be hard enough for Mark to find the open seam against Indy's speed, but a couple quick connections should soften up the run dee - then they can proceed to beat them down according to plan.

I tend to agree with you, but I suspect we'll see them lineup in the formation at least once in the first half to let them know they have to think about it. A QB draw from the shotgun wouldn't be a bad idea. He can maybe make all the folks who want him to throw a little happy by pump faking before he tucks it under and runs straight ahead.

I agree. WC up the gut is the only way it's going to work IMO. Nothing out wide. Thus, the option won't work.

The Jets can bury the Colts defense between the tackles. I truly believe that based purely on the matchups.

As I mentioned in another thread, there really is only 1 mismatch in this game: the Jets offense over the Colts defense.

I've been saying that I dont want to see the Bradcat on 3rd and long situations, but I'm down with it if he actually throws it.

Seems they been working up to that. Keep showing it with no throwing then when we need it for the win, he airs one out.

I just hope he throws the ball a little better than Lamont Jordan.

Archived