Anyone still amazed by all the Jets talk?

Maxman

It is almost surreal Max! At this time of the year it's usually what do we need to improve on? Who should they draft? What changes are needed?

Not this time. It is so cool to hear Jets talk on every sports talk show or on NFL Network all night long. Finally were getting our props! Even Sports Illustrated has us on the cover, maybe the world is ending in 2012!!

I can't imagine what it would be like if the Jets win on Sunday. I am in Heaven.

Every channel, Jets talk 24/7.

yes its amazing that they talk a lot about one of the 4 remaining teams in the playoffs in their home town..

I've almost gotten TIRED of all the Jets talk. I say ALMOST because I can't help but relish the situation we're in, but still, I find myself changing the channel after hearing what I needed to hear and finding that they're not providing much new information.

I love the fact that, not only are we getting all this attention, we're also getting picked against by almost everyone. It's like we're flying under the radar and everyone is having fun talking about it.

I've almost gotten TIRED of all the Jets talk. I say ALMOST because I can't help but relish the situation we're in, but still, I find myself changing the channel after hearing what I needed to hear and finding that they're not providing much new information.

I love the fact that, not only are we getting all this attention, we're also getting picked against by almost everyone. It's like we're flying under the radar and everyone is having fun talking about it.

Just think of the alternative.

Unfortunately I think I missed some things with the Simms interview guys. I don't remember everything, I did hear him say that the onside kick was a bad idea and every coach he talked to agreed. Then Simms said most fans and radio people say kicking onsides was a good idea.

Fatcessa went out of his way to explain how he knew it was a bad idea. He knows football. :-P

Its great and never gets old because every other time the talk is dominated by the Yankees, Mets, and sometimes the Giants. Great to hear all Jets talk, all the time. Enough baseball. When I hear someone call in to talk baseball this week on the sports radio stations its just so pathetic and they're usually cut off rather quickly.

Did Phil talk about the no-fumble call on Floyd?

Fatcesa was CONVINCED it was a fumble.

Simms disagreed vehemently on the broadcast.

When pressed about it later by a caller, Francessa said that "Phil is allowed to be wrong once in a while". What a pompous, arrogant a$$hole.

You realize what a contradiction that is, right? lol

This is the thing I DON'T like about all of the attention; makes the Jets anything BUT under the radar: It raises expectations and ultimately sets us all up for a HUGE heartbreak.

You realize what a contradiction that is, right? lol

This is the thing I DON'T like about all of the attention; makes the Jets anything BUT under the radar: It raises expectations and ultimately sets us all up for a HUGE heartbreak.

Yes, I realize its a contradiction....but that's the point! It's like we can have our cake and eat it too. All the attention with none of the pressure. "Underdog" support with no one really believing we'll win. Its PERFECT.

This is how it was in '98 with Vinnie and the Jets. All Jet talk all the time! And if they win, it will be Jets overload. Rex will really love the hype of the Super Bowl media and he should be in his element. But let's win Sunday first!

Not really, but that had to do with technology.

Broadband, streaming video, blogs, etc. weren't prevelant back in 1998.

It's wall-to-wall coverage now with the Jets on TV, radio, and the internet. All the newspapers have websites now with the beatwriters giving updates. ESPN.com is giving us updates. None of that happened back in 1998.

This is the most coverage the Jets have ever gotten and the advancement of technology is the key.

Not really, but that had to do with technology.

Broadband, streaming video, blogs, etc. weren't prevelant back in 1998.

It's wall-to-wall coverage now with the Jets on TV, radio, and the internet. All the newspapers have websites now with the beatwriters giving updates. ESPN.com is giving us updates. None of that happened back in 1998.

This is the most coverage the Jets have ever gotten and the advancement of technology is the key.

agreed-I remember still having to go to The Ale House to watch games that year and being told by some other Jets fan about this new way to get Jets news; Jets Confidential...I think we were still on Prodigy talking Jets in '98. Now we have multiple Jets boards, SNY-the Jets HOME STATION, we have internet radio where I can and have been listening to ESPN radio out of NYC...it's a LOT different and I love it...also, just look at the news threads we throw up here every day-that wasn't available to us 12 years ago either-I still had to go and buy The Post and The Daily News at either a book store or magazine shop...

agreed-I remember still having to go to The Ale House to watch games that year and being told by some other Jets fan about this new way to get Jets news; Jets Confidential...I think we were still on Prodigy talking Jets in '98. Now we have multiple Jets boards, SNY-the Jets HOME STATION, we have internet radio where I can and have been listening to ESPN radio out of NYC...it's a LOT different and I love it...also, just look at the news threads we throw up here every day-that wasn't available to us 12 years ago either-I still had to go and buy The Post and The Daily News at either a book store or magazine shop...

That's what is cool about now.

Even for you guys who were around in 1968, and for me who was an adult in 1998, this is like nothing we've ever experienced as a Jet fan.

That's what is cool about now.

Even for you guys who were around in 1968, and for me who was an adult in 1998, this is like nothing we've ever experienced as a Jet fan.

yea after moving down here in the late 80's I spent a whole decade without my Jets, except for a couple of Dolphins games a year, maybe a MNF game. As I said I would have to drive to Boynton Beach just to find a Monday morning edition of either The Post or The News just to see what happened. I didn't miss much in the mid 90's...luckily for me I bypassed all the Rich Kotite and most of the Bruce Coslett teams. I did make a yearly trip to Jersey for a game though.

Archived