Safety Razor Shaving

Vicious89x

That too. It took a while for my skin to get used to it, but its a lot better. The first shave there was some blood.

I also bought a pen the closes up any nicks or cuts on the spot.

Second thinking my soiree into the world of Safety Razors.

Second thinking my soiree into the world of Safety Razors.

My experience was I barely had any blood lol. It's all unique to each person. You just gotta equip yourself right. A lot of that is knowledge, I know those videos are CHEESY as hell but the dude knows what he's talking about.

One piece of advice. Learn your face. I mean, learn how your hair grows. It'll help with learning how to go with, across, and against the grain of your beard. I let my beard grow out and would just feel my beard to learn the growth.

I need to try the soap out. The cream was kind of expensive, but it was a gift so I still have some left.

ANd yeah, the Mantic videos are great...that was where I finally decided to change.

A lot of the fun is discovering your "set-up". I'll buy other things but I know what my set-up is now for life.

Check out the sampler pack man, that changed a lot for me. I was stuck on Merkurs and once I changed blades it was like doing it new all over again.

I shave with an electric shaver. I don't use aftershave or anything and I'm fine.

Granted I also went two weeks with a disposable razor with no cream without any problems. I like the tingling feeling of being freshly-shaven. lol

You're old enough to shave ? :biggrin:

As long as the irritation goes away I'm all for it.

I know what you mean. I used to use electric ( I tried them all) and my face looked as red as a beet when I was done. I was terrified to even put on after shave. I use the Mach 3 and love it. Close with no irritation for me.

My school doesn't give out detention or anything for having a beard, so I shave when I have time at night (not often with the amount of work!), when I'm not tired, or when it starts to annoy me. I like to shave a lot so it grows thicker. \:D/

Not true:

Is it true that shaving unwanted body hair makes it grow back thicker and darker?

Answer

from Lawrence E. Gibson, M.D.

No. Shaving hair doesn't change its thickness or color. The color, location, thickness and length of hair on your body mainly depend on genetics and hormones. After you shave body hair, it may feel coarse or "stubbly" for a time as it grows out. During this phase, it may be more noticeable

Not true:

Is it true that shaving unwanted body hair makes it grow back thicker and darker?

Answer

No. Shaving hair doesn't change its thickness or color. The color, location, thickness and length of hair on your body mainly depend on genetics and hormones. After you shave body hair, it may feel coarse or "stubbly" for a time as it grows out. During this phase, it may be more noticeable

Not true:

Answer

Archived