For those that rip Herm.......

JonEJet

Good win for Vinny and the defense.

23 carries, 59 yards, for the WARRIOR. Balylock, we hardly knew ya.

Last drive, with the game on the line, needing 1 1st down-

1st down-handoff to Martin-NO GAIN.

2ND down-handoff to Martin-NO GAIN.

3RD down-Vinny eats it-LOSS.

Sorry-a big-time back puts the opponent away on 1st and 2nd, gets the 1st down, and keeps the clock running; the Bucs never see the ball. And Martin physically cannot do it any more.

Blaylock might have been able to much more; now we'll never know.

Houston really has to see the field more than 1 play.

Especially when that pig has a stick shoved up his a$$ and is roasting over a fire.

That would have been something else if Martin didn't roll over that pile and clear the LOS.

It would have been nice if Herm put the "short yardage" back in on 1st and goal, Cedric Houston. Herm did mention how he was going to get him some carries. :roll:

That would have been something else if Martin didn't roll over that pile and clear the LOS.

It would have been nice if Herm put the "short yardage" back in on 1st and goal, Cedric Houston. Herm did mention how he was going to get him some carries. :roll:

Thats the problem with you morons

Herm goes for it and makes it...he got lucky

had

Herm went for it and not made it...Herms and ass

had

Herm elected for the FG...Herms an ass

No winning for Herm

Thats the problem with you morons

Herm goes for it and makes it...he got lucky

had

Herm went for it and not made it...Herms and a$$

had

Herm elected for the FG...Herms an a$$

No winning for Herm

Jets | Houston Could Play Week 5

Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:41:07 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets head coach Herman Edwards said the team is looking for ways to get rookie RB Cedric Houston involved on offense in Week 5.

:roll:

Last drive, with the game on the line, needing 1 1st down-

1st down-handoff to Martin-NO GAIN.

2ND down-handoff to Martin-NO GAIN.

3RD down-Vinny eats it-LOSS.

Herms thinking on that drive was, "It's ok, as long as the Bucs get the ball back with a minute left, we'll be ok."

Good coaches go for the first down and they don't even think about giving the ball back to the opposing theam.

HERM SUCKS, PERIOD!!!!!

We make our FG's and field the punts and kick-offs this game isn't ever in doubt.

But we don't make our FG's and we don't field our punts. We make bonehead penalties (one cost us an int), we miss blocks. The Jets were beating themselves in the first half. They did the same thing in the KC game, The Jax game, and even the miami game (though we won "ugly"). Those are marks of undisciplined teams, a major reflection on the HC's coaching philosophy. Parcells, Belly, Coughlin--they would have benched Cotchery after fumbling. Not Herm. They would have ripped Nugent a new a$$hole. Not Herm. They would have reprimanded Fabini and Law for costly knucklehead penalties. Not Herm. The team's going soft on Herm's watch. He needs to bang some heads instead of kissing asses.

Herms thinking on that drive was, "It's ok, as long as the Bucs get the ball back with a minute left, we'll be ok."

Good coaches go for the first down and they don't even think about giving the ball back to the opposing theam.

HERM SUCKS, PERIOD!!!!!

Remember the goal line stance against the Dolphins? But Herm deserves an "attaboy" from me for going back to that well again.

How 'bout giving Cedric Houston one carry on 1st and goal, needing three yards. No, lets give it to Curtis. NO GAIN.

2nd and goal,need 3 yards... Houston? Nah, Martin gets the call again! NO GAIN.

3rd and goal... Cedric Houston, Herm? Maybe? Please? NOPE. Martin gets the call again-

NO GAIN.

4th down, gotta get Curtis a TD, Herm. Heck, might as well go for the gusto!

Curtis rolls over the pile and gets the TD.

Herm's a genious. What a derring doer, by golly.

Martin 22 carries for 58 yards.

5 carries in a row, to move the ball 12 yards; 4 carries to go 3 yards into the end zone.

I think you could have handed Rudy the ball 4 times on the goal line and he'd have hit the lottery at least once. :lol:

I'm not the one with an agenda, Herm and Curtis are.

Moses , normally a huge fan of your posts but you are wrong here.

Blaylock has 8 carries for 21 Yards this year and today he was 3 carries for 1 yd barely avoiding his 2nd negative yardage game of the season.

Sure he hasn't had enough touches but with the touches he has had, he has shown nothing to dispel the fact that our line is not creating holes no matter whom the back is.

Remember the goal line stance against the Dolphins? But Herm deserves an "attaboy" from me for going back to that well again.

How 'bout giving Cedric Houston one carry on 1st and goal, needing three yards. No, lets give it to Curtis. NO GAIN.

2nd and goal,need 3 yards... Houston? Nah, Martin gets the call again! NO GAIN.

3rd and goal... Cedric Houston, Herm? Maybe? Please? NOPE. Martin gets the call again-

NO GAIN.

4th down, gotta get Curtis a TD, Herm. Heck, might as well go for the gusto!

Curtis rolls over the pile and gets the TD.

Herm's a genious. What a derring doer, by golly.

You got that right.

As far as Martin goes, there's something more than an injury wrong with him. All day, instead of running for an opening, he ran straight toward a pile. I think he may need his eyes checked.

You can judge a guy on 8 carries over 5 games-less than 2 carries a game. Damn, your a great scout. Call Hofstra right away and get on Bradway's staff.To hell with the fact that he was excellent when called on in KC.

We have seen a full dose of martin and then some,and it isn't impressive. But even by your logic, Martin's YPC isn't much better than Blaylock.

You can judge a guy on 8 carries over 5 games-less than 2 carries a game. Damn, your a great scout. Call Hofstra right away and get on Bradway's staff.To hell with the fact that he was excellent when called on in KC.

We have seen a full dose of martin and then some,and it isn't impressive. But even by your logic, Martin's YPC isn't much better than Blaylock.

My logic is the line sucks in run blocking.

You know that as well. Martin didn't just forget how to play over night.

I am NOT a Martin fan one way or the other.

He is however our back so I try and remain fair on the topic.

From what I have seen and what YOU have seen, we do not effectively open holes for our backs.

Moses , normally a huge fan of your posts but you are wrong here.

Blaylock has 8 carries for 21 Yards this year and today he was 3 carries for 1 yd barely avoiding his 2nd negative yardage game of the season.

Sure he hasn't had enough touches but with the touches he has had, he has shown nothing to dispel the fact that our line is not creating holes no matter whom the back is.

Can't argue with the stats, however, no other back gets a carry inside the red zone, where Martin is at his worse. We can compare Martin to Blaylock between the twenties, see the same numbers, and blame it all on the 0-line, but until another back gets a crack at the end zone on 1st and goal, we'll never know who or what the problem is.

Martin is horrible in the red zone, why Herm keeps feeding him the ball inside of it, is beyond me. Terrific, it took him 5 cracks in a row to go 12 yards and push it in, but that's what it eventually took to prove a point, I guess. Martin couldn't punch it in agains the Dolphins on 3rd and 4th down, and he couldn't punch it in on 1st and 2nd down agains the RAvens.

So I guess Herm figured if I give him all 4 downs he'll get it in there. :lol:

Hey, the premise of this thread is stupid to begin with. This is the kind of crap you see on JI. Herm's awesome and you guys are morons. Duh.

Can't argue with the stats, however, no other back gets a carry inside the red zone, where Martin is at his worse. We can compare Martin to Blaylock between the twenties, see the same numbers, and blame it all on the 0-line, but until another back gets a crack at the end zone on 1st and goal, we'll never know who or what the problem is.

Martin is horrible in the red zone, why Herm keeps feeding him the ball inside of it, is beyond me. Terrific, it took him 5 cracks in a row to go 12 yards and push it in, but that's what it eventually took to prove a point, I guess. Martin couldn't punch it in agains the Dolphins on 3rd and 4th down, and he couldn't punch it in on 1st and 2nd down agains the RAvens.

So I guess Herm figured if I give him all 4 downs he'll get it in there. :lol:

Hey, the premise of this thread is stupid to begin with. This is the kind of crap you see on JI. Herm's awesome and you guys are morons. Duh.

Jetmo you should know by now the main goal is to get Cumar his 1000 yd season..Anything else is gravy!! =D>

We could win a game 35-3 and the haters would find something to complain about.

We could win a game 35-3 and you Herm sucka$ses would find something to complain about.

I'm lost, maybe you can help me out here. On what down during Herm's strategy did you and JonEJet have the epiphany that he's brilliant; was it:

first and goal, handoff to Martin?

Second and goal, handoff to Martin?

Third and goal, handoff to Martin?

Fourth and goal, handoff to Martin?

Which one really did it for you?

See, I want to know how to be a real Herm suck@ss, so tell me, which play was it? Which play made you want to shout from the rooftops "Herm is wonderful and all the Jets fans who hate him are big fat stink bombs!"

What did Herm do today, again?

Vinny.

Herm brought back Vinny and Vinny sparked that team to win the game.

Sorry, if you are going to blame Herm for every little thing, you have to hand this win to him on a platter on your hands and knees. He took a team its death throws, brought back the right guy against all the numbers and got a win.

Grow up and admit when you are wrong for at least one week. Not saying this will make our season, but Herm deserves the credit for this game.

Period.

BZ

We could win a game 35-3 and the haters would find something to complain about.

This game was a blow out.

This game should have been 20-6.

Nuge missing two field goals and the refs calling back two interceptions, this game would have been over with.

BZ

Vinny.

Herm brought back Vinny and Vinny sparked that team to win the game.

Sorry, if you are going to blame Herm for every little thing, you have to hand this win to him on a platter on your hands and knees. He took a team its death throws, brought back the right guy against all the numbers and got a win.

Grow up and admit when you are wrong for at least one week. Not saying this will make our season, but Herm deserves the credit for this game.

Period.

BZ

First of all, I gave Herm credit on another thread, for starting Vinny. It was a gamble and it paid off. The 11 minute drive was key to winning the game (if if it resulted in zero points). I don't think Bollinger could have done that, but who knows.

Second of all, the wind up artist, JonEJet (show up when the sun is shining/ dissapears when it rains) started this thread on the premise that Herm's calling Martins # 4 times on 1st and goal was somehow validation that all the criticism of him by me, Bugg, Sav, Bob, Sperm Edwards et al was wrong.

Sorry, but you'll have to do better than that. Actually, the 3rd down conversion pass to L Coles in the final two minutes was a gutsy call that won the game, and I have no doubt it was Dinger who called it. That conversion forced TB to use their final timeout, that prevented them from kicking a game winning FG when they got the ball back with 30 seconds to go.

Where was all this Herm @ss kissing after the game in KC? Herm had 6 weeks to evaluate and prepare his team, and they got their butts kicked.

I agree about taking this team from it's death throes-

That's been Herm's M.O. for 5 years now. He's brilliant when his back's to the wall, and he does his best work out of sheer desperation. But when you live and die by that sword, inevitably Herm has shown he will always spit the bit.

I hand this win to Ty Law on a silver platter on my hands and knees.

You Hermaphrodites sunk down a little bit lower in my eyes after this. A big win, and all you could think to do was attack other fans who don't share your love and admiration for the snakeskin oil man.

Pathetic.

Did he have much choice? It took Martin 5 carries to go 12 yards.

and he barely did get over! Time for a young RB with speed to get some playing time! HERM deferred to his OC to make that call. HERM probably had to ask the OC for his permission to go for it! HERM is a dud amd must go!

Archived