Does Shonn Greene get a pass?

Jetfan13

or is he now listed in the J Abe is a puss catagory? I know bruised ribs hurt like a bitch, but he was on the sideline with his helmet on, what happened to flak jackets? As soon as he went down, the game was over.

What is your verdict? Just curious

They said he couldn't breathe. Without knowing more myself, there is no way I would question him. He runs hard. Which is why Thomas Jones will be back because Greene plays like a man who will have a hard time running that way for 16 games.

They said he couldn't breathe. Without knowing more myself, there is no way I would question him. He runs hard. Which is why Thomas Jones will be back because Greene plays like a man who will have a hard time running that way for 16 games.

Thomas Jones is a joke, Max. No speed and no power.

Smart runner who gets what the line blocks for him....and nothing else

or is he now listed in the J Abe is a puss catagory? I know bruised ribs hurt like a bitch, but he was on the sideline with his helmet on, what happened to flak jackets? As soon as he went down, the game was over.

Abe missed games due to slightly strained hamstrings. Greene was having difficulty breathing due to possibly broken ribs.

You're comparing apples to baseball bats.

The game turned when he went out-his speed to get through the holes became magnified-safety in all injury cases- I do not question his desire at all.

The game turned when Strickland went out and the Colts went to 3-WR sets and created mismatches all over the place that the Jets didn't have the manpower to cover.

We hadn't been all that effective running the ball before Greene went out. He was only averaging 4.0 YPC, which stinks when he had been averaging over 5 in the playoffs so far.

Credit to the Colts. Their D did what nobody else could do which was stop our running game and credit to Manning for taking advantage of every opportunity he was presented.

I pity the Saints. The Colts are going to absolutely destroy them.

The game turned when Strickland went out and the Colts went to 3-WR sets and created mismatches all over the place that the Jets didn't have the manpower to cover.

We hadn't been all that effective running the ball before Greene went out. He was only averaging 4.0 YPC, which stinks when he had been averaging over 5 in the playoffs so far.

Credit to the Colts. Their D did what nobody else could do which was stop our running game and credit to Manning for taking advantage of every opportunity he was presented.

kleck we were not effective running th ball because we scored on an 80 yard TD Bomb. We did not have the Time of Posession in the first half and quite honestly we are a second half running team anyway.

Without Greene in the second half we lost our chance to grind out a TD on a long sustained drive which would have put us in a good position. We had some good runs in this game but when TJ took over we had alot of runs that just got stuffed in the back field for a loss because TJ cant break a tackle to save his life. As soon as TJ took over for Greene it looked like our running game was in slow motion. TJ can not run to the outside and TJ does not hit the hole fast like Greene does. TJ looked 31 years old

kleck we were not effective running th ball because we scored on an 80 yard TD Bomb. We did not have the Time of Posession in the first half and quite honestly we are a second half running team anyway.

Without Greene in the second half we lost our chance to grind out a TD on a long sustained drive which would have put us in a good position. We had some good runs in this game but when TJ took over we had alot of runs that just got stuffed in the back field for a loss because TJ cant break a tackle to save his life. As soon as TJ took over for Greene it looked like our running game was in slow motion. TJ can not run to the outside and TJ does not hit the hole fast like Greene does. TJ looked 31 years old

We scored on an 80-yard bomb because they were putting nine in the box and Schotty and Sanchez wisely took advantage of single coverage and a mismatch with Edwards.

We called five straight pass plays after Greene went out. What we should have done is run right at them. My problem with our running game was that we ran off-tackle too much, playing right into the strength of their D.

We should have just blown their little asses off the line from the get go by running straight up the gut between Mangold and Moore. We never established the middle. It happens. Credit goes where its due. The Colts had a great gameplan and executed it almost flawlessly.

Strickland is not built for the pro game-and maybe the Colts do destroy the Saints, especially if the officials refuse to throw a flag against the Golden Boy's team all game...ya gotta get a break or two with penalties and we got none-even Rex said it in his post game; "maybe if we had played at home we would have gotten some of those calls" is pretty much what he said

Not at all IMHO. J Abe sat out with a chronic hamstring that happen way before the playoffs. He chose himself over the team.

Greene was hurt in the game and it was obvious he was in actual distress. He was walking around with his hands over his head and bouncing. Trying to see if he could get a full breathe. If you ever had severly bruised or broken ribs, the last thing you want to do is cough, sneeze or breathe heavy. Running full speed into 245 linebackers would also have to make that list.

Strickland is not built for the pro game-and maybe the Colts do destroy the Saints, especially if the officials refuse to throw a flag against the Golden Boy's team all game...ya gotta get a break or two with penalties and we got none-even Rex said it in his post game; "maybe if we had played at home we would have gotten some of those calls" is pretty much what he said

Really? Strickland's been our second best CB in coverage all year. Obviously there's a huge dropoff after Revis but you could say that if Champ Bailey was our second CB.

We scored on an 80-yard bomb because they were putting nine in the box and Schotty and Sanchez wisely took advantage of single coverage and a mismatch with Edwards.

We called five straight pass plays after Greene went out. What we should have done is run right at them. My problem with our running game was that we ran off-tackle too much, playing right into the strength of their D.

We should have just blown their little asses off the line from the get go by running straight up the gut between Mangold and Moore. We never established the middle. It happens. Credit goes where its due. The Colts had a great gameplan and executed it almost flawlessly.

kleck your right but what I meant was scoring on an 80 yard drive mean less runs for the average per attempt you were looking for. Obviously Ill take that 80 TD any day but Iwould much rather have had a 7 minute drive of Pound it down their throat. We have all been waiting for that Huge play due to teams stacking the box but sometimes you have to be carefull what you wish for.

Your also right that we ran off tackle too much but with Greene in those off tackle runs were picking up somke yards I think on 2 runs Greene was able to bust it outside for some decent gains . TJ is just not that back anymore

Strickland hopefully will work in the offseason and strengthen his legs maybe the Jerry Rice workout regimen will help him :) . Im sure that Quad Injury he suffered early in the year was pretty serious I would be willing to bet he was favoring the Quad which caused him to hurt his groin yesterday. Any Injury to the legs of a CB an he is done. In this speed game you just cant affford even the slighest injury to your legs.

Abe missed games due to slightly strained hamstrings. Greene was having difficulty breathing due to possibly broken ribs.

You're comparing apples to baseball bats.

Slightly strained hamstrings? The Pittsburgh game? He could barely walk in the practice clips they showed on TV. He'd missed the previous five games with a knee injury I believe. Herm threw him under the bus, saying he'd probably play. There was a game years earlier that he missed for a headache/hangover and that is why we were all willing to accept it.

I think it was Sanchez who said that, and he was talking about crowd noise leading to false starts. Rex did not complain about the refs other than that cheap shot on Sanchez.

Archived