Slot reciever in draft

Ranger

We already have a better version of McCluster in Leon.

The moment I watched the video thats exactly what I though. Given that I got to say that this kid is going to be good in the NFL if being compared to Mr. Washington. However, we need an actual receiver. Someone that can run tight routes, not just break away speed. We havent had a Chrebet in a long time.....and we wont if we dont address it.

Great player though

We already have a better version of McCluster in Leon.

Leon's the same height but 35 pounds heavier than this kid, and people think Leon's too small. Danny Woodhead (5'7" - 195) has a better future in the slot than this guy. He's just way too small. He'll get killed in the middle of the field.

And what's with the lame diving into the endzone schtick?

The moment I watched the video thats exactly what I though. Given that I got to say that this kid is going to be good in the NFL if being compared to Mr. Washington. However, we need an actual receiver. Someone that can run tight routes, not just break away speed. We havent had a Chrebet in a long time.....and we wont if we dont address it.

Great player though

Even though we have a great 1,2 with Cotchery and Edwards, I feel like they don't get the separation coming off their routes that they should get.

Sorry, but WR just cannot be the top priority in the draft. We have 2 starters, we need to address depth across the Defense.

When you've invested as heavily as the Jets have in a young potential franchise QB, every move the team makes has to be about getting him to be as good as he possibly can be. The Jets have serious depth issues at WR. As constructed, they cannot field a legit 3-WR set. Can you imagine any of the league's top passers without a genuine third option?

With Braylon's status beyond 2010 another question mark, it makes WR that much more of a priority. Especially if they opt to address it thru the draft, as WR's often take a couple years to fully develop.

I bet the Jets will look hard at RFA WR's who'll be tendered at the first round pick (or less) level. I could definitely see them send the #29 pick to a team like Arizona for a Steve Breaston (<~ an example, not an expectation).

Even though we have a great 1,2 with Cotchery and Edwards, I feel like they don't get the separation coming off their routes that they should get.

This is exactly why we need to get a "wide receiver" not another Leon Washington.

My guy is Brandon LaFell. he has quick moves and run pretty clean routes. He also has the size at 6"3'.

In other words, we dont need a "jack of all trades" guy, we need a guy who is an absolute Wideout.

Greene also went in 3rd round too,

Shipley in 3rd maybe, not 1st or 2nd

Unless you're talking about a guy like Chris Weinke who was a 30 year old rookie, age really doesn't matter. You're drafting a guy hoping he produces for you over the life of his rookie deal. Older rookies are also generally more mature, and more likely to produce right out of the gate. If you get four or five good years out of any draft pick, you've done well.

Sorry, but WR just cannot be the top priority in the draft. We have 2 starters, we need to address depth across the Defense.

Outside of Cotchery and Edwards, how many wide receiver catches did we get from the other guys? Something like 20 catches combined! Now, what happens if either guy gets injured for a few games? We absolutely need a third wide receiver and I suggest using the draft to do so. The best slot guy in the draft is Golden Tate. That's where I go.

Greene also went in 3rd round too,

Shipley in 3rd maybe, not 1st or 2nd

Dude noone said anything about 1st round or 2nd round. The thread is titled "Slot Reciever" I threw out a name I believe will be a perfect slot reciever for us.

Outside of Cotchery and Edwards, how many wide receiver catches did we get from the other guys? Something like 20 catches combined! Now, what happens if either guy gets injured for a few games? We absolutely need a third wide receiver and I suggest using the draft to do so. The best slot guy in the draft is Golden Tate. That's where I go.

To be fair we spent a lot of time with extra tackles in. Its not like Smith and Clowney saw a lot throws their way.

I think a 3 WR set is overrated by people right now. Its great to have, but is that a priority right now over the defensive needs? Line Keller up in the slot... who's gonna cover him?

To be fair we spent a lot of time with extra tackles in. Its not like Smith and Clowney saw a lot throws their way.

You have to ask yourself....which is the cause and which is the effect? If you only have 2 NFL caliber wideouts on your roster, you probably won't spread the field much.

In order for our QB to take the next step forward, he is going to need someone to throw to. Edwards is going to be looking for big money soon. It would be nice to have in house options and depth at the position.

Leon's the same height but 35 pounds heavier than this kid, and people think Leon's too small. Danny Woodhead (5'7" - 195) has a better future in the slot than this guy. He's just way too small. He'll get killed in the middle of the field.

And what's with the lame diving into the endzone schtick?

Woodhead was Inactive vs Colts and they lost... Hes the X Factor. Gotta sign him to 7 year deal.

Archived