Senior Bowl

New York Mick

Who's rising and who's falling?

Unfortunately I'm watching a crappy online version but I'm at least getting to watch it.

So far

Rising -

Andre Roberts

Brandon Graham

Dan LeFevour

Patrick Robinson

Falling -

Tim Tebow

Graham straight up owned the game. Now, from what I've heard from the few scouts I've met, much more stock gets put into practices than the game, but the game never hurts...it's nice to know what the kids will do once under the spotlight...so to speak.

Graham is my favorite player in the game and would love for him to be a jet, seems like a worker....but with skills.

As for cornerback, I wouldn't be upset at all with Perrish Cox, Patrick Robinson, Brandon Ghee or Kyle wilson... Robinson, to me, is by far the most physically gifted, just doesn't seem to be too consistent. No idea of his work ethic, but if he puts the time in, he could be very very good.

An underclassman who I really like is Donovan Warren outta Michigan. Once the Senior bowl hype is over, and he tests out, I wouldn't be surprised if he battles Cox/Robinson/Wilson for 2nd best CB behind Haden.

I might be called crazy for this, but I would not mind us drafting LeGarrette Blount outta Oregon. He is a very, very tough runner and has great size at 6'2 240 lb. I think he could compliment greene quiet well, in that blount is actually a pretty solid receiver out of the backfield and can be kept in on 3rd downs, for what i've seen, he's a plus blocker.

I know he had that incident at Boise State, which will cost him to fall to the final few rounds, but I think he could be a steal if he's kept under control. He could be a great addition with greene and leon.

Graham straight up owned the game. Now, from what I've heard from the few scouts I've met, much more stock gets put into practices than the game, but the game never hurts...it's nice to know what the kids will do once under the spotlight...so to speak.

Graham is my favorite player in the game and would love for him to be a jet, seems like a worker....but with skills.

As for cornerback, I wouldn't be upset at all with Perrish Cox, Patrick Robinson, Brandon Ghee or Kyle wilson... Robinson, to me, is by far the most physically gifted, just doesn't seem to be too consistent. No idea of his work ethic, but if he puts the time in, he could be very very good.

An underclassman who I really like is Donovan Warren outta Michigan. Once the Senior bowl hype is over, and he tests out, I wouldn't be surprised if he battles Cox/Robinson/Wilson for 2nd best CB behind Haden.

I might be called crazy for this, but I would not mind us drafting LeGarrette Blount outta Oregon. He is a very, very tough runner and has great size at 6'2 240 lb. I think he could compliment greene quiet well, in that blount is actually a pretty solid receiver out of the backfield and can be kept in on 3rd downs, for what i've seen, he's a plus blocker.

I know he had that incident at Boise State, which will cost him to fall to the final few rounds, but I think he could be a steal if he's kept under control. He could be a great addition with greene and leon.

Graham was a ****ing monster today, he really has a motor. I read a lot of good things about Wilson and Robinson looked good today. The combine is going to be really important to these guys.

I hope we don't draft Blount, Greene is a good power runner and if Leon can play we're set if he can't I wouldn't mind getting a scatback.

Graham was a ****ing monster today, he really has a motor. I read a lot of good things about Wilson and Robinson looked good today. The combine is going to be really important to these guys.

I hope we don't draft Blount, Greene is a good power runner and if Leon can play we're set if he can't I wouldn't mind getting a scatback.

I just am not sure about Greene getting the entire workload, due to the couple injuries. That's why I was looking to see who could be had towards the end of the draft. Blount is likely to fall due to that incident, but he is the best, or one of the best, senior backs in the country. He will only add to the physical style that we already have. All in all, if TJ isn't back, I want another back to take some carries from greene...and I would prefer him to be a physical runner who can catch outta the backfield.

I just am not sure about Greene getting the entire workload, due to the couple injuries. That's why I was looking to see who could be had towards the end of the draft. Blount is likely to fall due to that incident, but he is the best, or one of the best, senior backs in the country. He will only add to the physical style that we already have. All in all, if TJ isn't back, I want another back to take some carries from greene...and I would prefer him to be a physical runner who can catch outta the backfield.

That's a fair way to look at it but I don't know if I'd take a chance drafting Blount maybe as a FA.

Who's rising and who's falling?

Unfortunately I'm watching a crappy online version but I'm at least getting to watch it.

So far

Rising -

Andre Roberts

Brandon Graham

Dan LeFevour

Patrick Robinson

Falling -

Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow is falling? Really?

Tebow went 8/12 in passing. three of those passes were drops. Only one was a bad throw. He had no designed runs or option plays and never had the chance to throw a deep ball, where he has pin point accuracy.

Also, the North defensive line dominated the South's O-line. Tebow had no time to throw. Where as the North QB's had time to bake cookies when they were in the pocket.

Oh Ya, Tebow also had strep throat with a 103 degree temperature. I'll take Tebow all day. He's a winner and will take any team to the super bowl.

Stop listening to Todd and Mel Kiper, they are idiots.

Tebow went 8/12 in passing. three of those passes were drops. Only one was a bad throw. He had no designed runs or option plays and never had the chance to throw a deep ball, where he has pin point accuracy.

Also, the North defensive line dominated the South's O-line. Tebow had no time to throw. Where as the North QB's had time to bake cookies when they were in the pocket.

Oh Ya, Tebow also had strep throat with a 103 degree temperature. I'll take Tebow all day. He's a winner and will take any team to the super bowl.

I hope he goes to a team in the AFC East, so we're guaranteed two wins a season. Tebow and pin point accuracy should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

floridasunglasses.jpg

Take them off.

I didn't need to listen to either of them, I watched him. Tebow looked lost and played like ****. I'll be surprised if he's drafted in the 1st round now. He sucks as an NFL QB.

He completed 8/12 of those passes for what, 50 yards?? He was severly underthrowing receivers or throwing behind them. Yes, he has no designed runs or options, because they want to see a pro-style offense, not some college styled bull****.

Yes, the North had a great defense, but this is also the SR Bowl...you cannot blitz in the senior bowl. If tebow wants to make it in the NFL, he's going to have to learn how to get rid of the ball quickly...

You can take tebow all day, just so long as he's not part of the NY Jets. Good luck with sub .500 seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-senior-bowl/09000d5d81616676/Tim-Tebow-highlights

Doesn't look good for Tebow at all. The few good throws he made were on the run, maybe thats how he needs to be used. He has a problem with tapping the ball before he throws it. I don't see him being worth a first round pick.

But at the same time, if this was the only thing you ever saw of Tebow you would not believe he had the college career he obviously did have. So there are positives about him not making it into the video. Still wouldn't draft him though.

I'm going to save this page so that you all can eat crow at the end of the season next year. Your own coach Rex has said that he likes Tebow and that he will be successful in the NFL.

Again, Tebow had a 103 degree fever during the game. I would like to see any QB play better while being that sick.

He had several impressive throws, including two passes into tight coverage to convert third downs.

Tebow's throwing motion was scrutinized all week, but he was accurate and efficient Saturday.

Receivers dropped three of his incompletions, and Tebow only threw one poor pass.

I'm going to save this page so that you all can eat crow at the end of the season next year. Your own coach Rex has said that he likes Tebow and that he will be successful in the NFL.

Again, Tebow had a 103 degree fever during the game. I would like to see any QB play better while being that sick.

He had several impressive throws, including two passes into tight coverage to convert third downs.

Tebow's throwing motion was scrutinized all week, but he was accurate and efficient Saturday.

Receivers dropped three of his incompletions, and Tebow only threw one poor pass.

He sucked ass in the game and the Jets have zero reason to draft him.

McNabb thre for 4 touchdowns on a broken ankle a few years back, Rivers played an entire game with a torn ligament in his knee, Plenty of QBs have played with bruised ribs, hurt ankles etc. These are just off the top of my head.

I'm also going to guess that it wasn't 103 and that the media needed to sensationalize the story...even if it was 103, i'd rather play with that than the aforementioned injuries.

I mean, Michael Jordan put up 40+ with the flu...real gamers can play injured.

And he looked terrible, he completed those passes for 50 yards. This is with the defense having less than a week to install game plans and they can't blitz. He's just not a good NFL style QB yet. I'm saying yet, because I like the kids attitude, work ethic, intangibles and i feel if he puts in the time, a couple years down the road and he could be a good qb.

lets just say im glad the JEts already have a QB of the future....

Winners

Geno Atkins DT (3 tech) (Was all over the field, disrupting plays in the first half/although he seemed to lose some momentum in the 2nd half)

Dan Williams DT (brute force/outperformed Cody imo)

Brandon Graham OLB/DE (great moves/more than one off the edge/player of the game)

Sean Weatherspoon LB (can flat out play/big plays all over the field)

Daryl Washington LB (Played well in space/shows sideline to sidelinde quickness and speed)

Cam Thomas DT (Strong at POA with and a sack to boot)

Jacoby Ford WR (Speed kills)

Garrett Graham (only TE to really impress imo)

Jeremy Williams WR (Nice game/ran good routes)

Troy Prospects- Brandon Lang & Cameron Sheffield OLB/DEs (showed a burst off the edge/especially Sheffield)

North Front 7 beat up the South OL all day

Stafon Johnson RB (Just for being able to play)

Mardy Gilyard WR (had his hands on the ball all day/finally had the big catch at the end of the 3rd and the TD in the 4th)

Losers

The QBs (I'll give Dan LeFevour a high 5 though)

Jared Odrick DT (Spent too much time on the ground/missed tackles when he did get penetration/pushed out of the play/didn't seem to control his lanes)

Mike Iupati OG/OC (grabbing and holding all game/didn't look overly strong at poa)

George Selvie DE (just seemed out of position/lost throughout the game)

Eric Norwood LB (Was having a hard time getting off blocks)

Trevard Lindley CB (Started to get picked on in the third QT)

Antonio Coleman LB (Seemed lost/Couldn't make the big stop in 4th in contain/redeemed himself with a nice play afterwards though/Waited for the blockers to come to him)

On the fence

The entire secondary seemed content to keep the ball in front of them the entire game. But...

Patrick Robinson CB (did some things well/I was impressed/but had a PI call on him/strong out of break)

Perish Cox CB (looked strong out of break)

Kyle Wilson CB (was quiet and didn't seem overly aggressive/seemed content not to get beat deep)

Taylor Mays S (makes the big INT at the end of the half)

Dexter McCluster RB/WR (hands on the ball all day/fumbles on a big hit/showed a good burst at the end of the 4th)

LaGarrette Blount-Had a lot of carries. Strong runner. Reminded me of Chauncy Washington's Sr. Bowl performance.

Terrell Skinner (Strong in Run support)

Larry Asante (looked a bit lost until he wacked McCluster for a fumble)

Darryl Sharpton LB (showed sideline to sideline/needs to wrap up)

Terrance Cody DT (fat and out of shape was outshined by other DTs. He made a nice play (penetration) on the goalline to start the 4th but if you watch he was single blocked as Dan Williams was doubled...he falls down next play on the bootleg)

ILB for both sides (nobody really jumped out/they all seemed to set feet and wait for the blockers against the run/lost flat-footed in reads on pass plays)

Javier Arenas CB Looked good and sharp. Nice PR too! Then beat in the 4th against Gilyard)

Austin Lane (nice fumble recovery for a TD/applied some pressure at the end of the game off the edge. But no moves to be seen.

McNabb thre for 4 touchdowns on a broken ankle a few years back, Rivers played an entire game with a torn ligament in his knee, Plenty of QBs have played with bruised ribs, hurt ankles etc. These are just off the top of my head.

I'm also going to guess that it wasn't 103 and that the media needed to sensationalize the story...even if it was 103, i'd rather play with that than the aforementioned injuries.

I mean, Michael Jordan put up 40+ with the flu...real gamers can play injured.

And he looked terrible, he completed those passes for 50 yards. This is with the defense having less than a week to install game plans and they can't blitz. He's just not a good NFL style QB yet. I'm saying yet, because I like the kids attitude, work ethic, intangibles and i feel if he puts in the time, a couple years down the road and he could be a good qb.

The media barely talked about his Temperature, and did you see ESPNs coverage of the Senior Bowl they showed his ONLY one bad pass. and his run where he got 3 yards off nothing.

Winners

Geno Atkins DT (3 tech) (Was all over the field, disrupting plays in the first half/although he seemed to lose some momentum in the 2nd half)

Dan Williams DT (brute force/outperformed Cody imo)

Brandon Graham OLB/DE (great moves/more than one off the edge/player of the game)

Sean Weatherspoon LB (can flat out play/big plays all over the field)

Daryl Washington LB (Played well in space/shows sideline to sidelinde quickness and speed)

Cam Thomas DT (Strong at POA with and a sack to boot)

Jacoby Ford WR (Speed kills)

Garrett Graham (only TE to really impress imo)

Jeremy Williams WR (Nice game/ran good routes)

Troy Prospects- Brandon Lang & Cameron Sheffield OLB/DEs (showed a burst off the edge/especially Sheffield)

North Front 7 beat up the South OL all day

Stafon Johnson RB (Just for being able to play)

Mardy Gilyard WR (had his hands on the ball all day/finally had the big catch at the end of the 3rd and the TD in the 4th)

Losers

The QBs (I'll give Dan LeFevour a high 5 though)

Jared Odrick DT (Spent too much time on the ground/missed tackles when he did get penetration/pushed out of the play/didn't seem to control his lanes)

Mike Iupati OG/OC (grabbing and holding all game/didn't look overly strong at poa)

George Selvie DE (just seemed out of position/lost throughout the game)

Eric Norwood LB (Was having a hard time getting off blocks)

Trevard Lindley CB (Started to get picked on in the third QT)

Antonio Coleman LB (Seemed lost/Couldn't make the big stop in 4th in contain/redeemed himself with a nice play afterwards though/Waited for the blockers to come to him)

On the fence

The entire secondary seemed content to keep the ball in front of them the entire game. But...

Patrick Robinson CB (did some things well/I was impressed/but had a PI call on him/strong out of break)

Perish Cox CB (looked strong out of break)

Kyle Wilson CB (was quiet and didn't seem overly aggressive/seemed content not to get beat deep)

Taylor Mays S (makes the big INT at the end of the half)

Dexter McCluster RB/WR (hands on the ball all day/fumbles on a big hit/showed a good burst at the end of the 4th)

LaGarrette Blount-Had a lot of carries. Strong runner. Reminded me of Chauncy Washington's Sr. Bowl performance.

Terrell Skinner (Strong in Run support)

Larry Asante (looked a bit lost until he wacked McCluster for a fumble)

Darryl Sharpton LB (showed sideline to sideline/needs to wrap up)

Terrance Cody DT (fat and out of shape was outshined by other DTs. He made a nice play (penetration) on the goalline to start the 4th but if you watch he was single blocked as Dan Williams was doubled...he falls down next play on the bootleg)

ILB for both sides (nobody really jumped out/they all seemed to set feet and wait for the blockers against the run/lost flat-footed in reads on pass plays)

Javier Arenas CB Looked good and sharp. Nice PR too! Then beat in the 4th against Gilyard)

Austin Lane (nice fumble recovery for a TD/applied some pressure at the end of the game off the edge. But no moves to be seen.

Nice read.

I forgot to mention Weatherspoon, I was impressed with his play. He should make a good NFL player.

Its funny Vince Young and David Garrard where the same way coming out of college and both were in the NFL Pro Bowl.

The draft guru-types on Twitter were deeply in love all week with Graham, saying that he couldn't be blocked by anybody, even beating a dude in practice so bad that the tackle didn't even make contact with him.

Another guy they were interested in was McCluster as a Harvin-type player who is just faster than anybody else. They like Dan Williams as well and said that Odrick from Penn State was a tough 3-4 end prospect.

All week, Tebow was getting universally destroyed. I think I saw one positive tweet about him, saying basically "he sucked less today than he did yesterday."

Its funny Vince Young and David Garrard where the same way coming out of college and both were in the NFL Pro Bowl.

Well, from a strict QB standpoint, they didn't really show that pro-bowl level in there first or second year ehh?? I never said Tebow wouldn't be a good nfl QB, I just said that he's not ready as of now.

Archived