Just when you thought you couldn't like Rex anymore

s dubb

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy is the best...U gott love em..

Who else in the entire league has this much fun, and you can tell its him having fun.

Sure he means it, as we all do, but it snot done with malice at all..Just great.

Im finally beginning to understand when they say he does all of this to take the pressure off of his players..I just hope he doesnt play himself out, being so many places all the time..

yea i was at this last night...Ryan got booed and everyone laughed when he said "were gonna beat you twice."

Funny, I didn't hear anyone laughing. There was a lot of booing but no laughing. Don't worry you'll get use to losing to us again like when you were 4 and 17 against us and lost 8 in a row.

Man that must really sting to have been owned so bad. It's not bad enough New Yorkers run your state and own your football but to continuously lose to their football tean as well and have your own stadium filled with their fans every time you play has got to be hard.

Funny, I didn't hear anyone laughing. There was a lot of booing but no laughing. Don't worry you'll get use to losing to us again like when you were 4 and 17 against us and lost 8 in a row.

Man that must really sting to have been owned so bad. It's not bad enough New Yorkers run your state and own your football but to continuously lose to their football tean as well and have your own stadium filled with their fans every time you play has got to be hard.

LOL those days are over bud...and you have a 4 game overall lead in the series, that will be gone soon too. ;) Eveyone in my section laughed there ass off when Rex said his little piece at the end. Honsetly if Rex coached one of my teams i would liek him, but he coaches the jets so he's a douche lol.

LOL those days are over bud...and you have a 4 game overall lead in the series, that will be gone soon too. ;) Eveyone in my section laughed there ass off when Rex said his little piece at the end. Honsetly if Rex coached one of my teams i would like him, but he coaches the jets so he's a douche lol.

Kind of like you as a fan.

The Fins will cut Ginn in the offseason, so there goes their chances of winning another game against the Jets. Hell even with Ginn, eventually flukes have to end sometime.

I remember way back there was this one pitcher that the Yankees always lost to. Chuck Finley I believe his name was. Finley was a solid pitcher but not really spectacular. But for whatever reason he'd always beat the Yankees. Then eventually that stopped happening and he went back to obscurity. That is what will happen to Ginn as well.

This guy is the best...U gott love em..

Who else in the entire league has this much fun, and you can tell its him having fun.

Sure he means it, as we all do, but it snot done with malice at all..Just great.

Im finally beginning to understand when they say he does all of this to take the pressure off of his players..I just hope he doesnt play himself out, being so many places all the time..

I think that is the biggest thing I misunderstood\didn't know about Rex coming in. When you see the quotes in the papers or online he comes off as being arrogant and a big mouth. When you watch him you see how much fun he has in everything he does.

And the Jets coach should believe he is beating the Miami team twice. So he is just stating what he feels.

NY Jets coach Rex Ryan flashes obscene gesture to Miami Dolphins fans

By Manish Mehta/The Star-Ledger

January 31, 2010, 2:04PM

rex-ryan-jets-file-af1697bb99fc4e09-largejpg-6d234cae7da61669_large.jpgRex Ryan gave Miami Dolphins fans the middle finger during an event in Miami Saturday night Less than a week after the Jets magical postseason ride came to an end, their brash, tell-it-like-it-is rookie head coach is making headlines again. Rex Ryan shot a group of Miami Dolphins fans an obscene hand gesture at a Mixed Martial Arts event Saturday night in Miami, according to a report in the Miami Herald.

Here's the photo taken from a camera phone.

Sunday, Ryan apologized in a statement released by the Jets:

:box:

Jorge Sedano of 790 The Ticket in Miami and the MIAMI HERALD sent me this photo today of Rex Ryan flipping off fans last night at the MMA Strikeforce event in Miami:

Background on the shot from Sedano:

I received an email from a listener/reader who was at the event. This is how it read.

Here

:rl:

e6418e92ba3e26ff56dda9a3918d9f5a_rexryanmiddlefingerphotomiamistrikeforce.jpg

Rex Ryan faced extreme provocation before firing middle finger

Posted by Mike Florio on January 31, 2010 6:10 PM ET

On Saturday night, Jets coach Rex Ryan fired off a one-fingered salute just as someone with a cell phone was taking a photo.

Amid rumblings that Ryan could end up being fined by the league for his behavior, we've picked up some details regarding the incident.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Ryan directed the middle finger at one specific guy who had been badgering Ryan relentlessly. "He crossed way over the line," the source said of the person who provoked Ryan.

The guy accosted Ryan at least three times, yelling "f--k you" and "I hate you" from close distance. Eventually, Ryan lost his cool.

Consideration of the background might not keep Ryan from being fined, but it's an important fact to consider when assessing the situation.

Then again, and as we said earlier, if an NFL head coach can't control his middle fingers, he shouldn't be going out in public. In the city where one of his top rivals is located.

UPDATE: Per Bob Glauber of Newsday, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello says that the league "will look into" the situation.

Archived