Just when you thought you couldn't like Rex anymore

s dubb

Eyewitness account of what happened

"The SportsbyBrooks Web site, quoting an unidentified eyewitness, reported that Ryan was bombarded with expletives by a heckler in the crowd. At first, Ryan didn't respond, according to the Web site, which described the unruly fan as appearing drunk.

Eventually, the heckler was removed from Ryan's area by arena security. As he left the arena, Ryan passed the fan's seat and flashed the obscene gesture, the Web site reported."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/01/31/2010-01-

What NO Taser. Where were the police?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time for you to STFU.

Apparently it wasn't the Miami fans telling Ryan to F himself, it was RYAN telling the Miami fans to F themselves. Class act, especially if his kids were there.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/ryan_sorry_after_he_flips_bird_to_7Ev6MIDNfnExNPscVyjPxN#ixzz0eIdOvR7d

Apparently, there are two sides to every story, the Dolphins fan's side and the truth:

Rex Ryan faced extreme provocation before firing middle finger

Posted by Mike Florio on January 31, 2010 6:10 PM ET

On Saturday night, Jets coach Rex Ryan fired off a one-fingered salute just as someone with a cell phone was taking a photo.

Amid rumblings that Ryan could end up being fined by the league for his behavior, we've picked up some details regarding the incident.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Ryan directed the middle finger at one specific guy who had been badgering Ryan relentlessly. "He crossed way over the line," the source said of the person who provoked Ryan.

The guy accosted Ryan at least three times, yelling "f--k you" and "I hate you" from close distance. Eventually, Ryan lost his cool.

Consideration of the background might not keep Ryan from being fined, but it's an important fact to consider when assessing the situation.

Then again, and as we said earlier, if an NFL head coach can't control his middle fingers, he shouldn't be going out in public. In the city where one of his top rivals is located.

UPDATE: Per Bob Glauber of Newsday, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello says that the league "will look into" the situation.

Now piss off. :Nuts:

Eyewitness account of what happened

"The SportsbyBrooks Web site, quoting an unidentified eyewitness, reported that Ryan was bombarded with expletives by a heckler in the crowd. At first, Ryan didn't respond, according to the Web site, which described the unruly fan as appearing drunk.

Eventually, the heckler was removed from Ryan's area by arena security. As he left the arena, Ryan passed the fan's seat and flashed the obscene gesture, the Web site reported."

What NO Taser. Where were the police?

LOL at the last paragraph.

The NFL announced the creation of "The Coach Shula Award" yesterday that will go to a coach who displays Don Shula's traits of integrity, achievement and a positive impact on others. Ryan disqualified himself as the inaugural recipient.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/02/01/2010-02-01_in_heated_spot_with_fans_ryan_must_know_to_punt.html?page=1#ixzz0eIfclohZ

The NFL announced the creation of "The Coach Shula Award" yesterday that will go to a coach who displays Don Shula's traits of integrity, achievement and a positive impact on others. Ryan disqualified himself as the inaugural recipient.

Don Shula and integrity in the same sentence? :rl: That overrated cheating prick wouldn't know integrity if it bit his ball off!

Funny, one thing both articles have in common... NO MENTION OF RYAN TAKING HIS KIDS TO THE MMA EVENT. Jackass, time to change your version of events.

You really are an idiot aren't you? I said his kids OR other family members in my initial post. Ryan is at a family reunion in Miami this week. Is it really that big a leap of faith to believe that he attended the Saturday night fights with other family members during his family reunion you ridiculous clown?

Have another drink on a Monday morning why don't ya?

The last 12 years ('98 when the Jets changed their unifroms-present day)

Jets: 6 playoff apperances (5-6 record) -- 2 Division Championships, 2 AFC Championship Game apperances

Dolphins: 5 playoff apperances ***only ONE since 2001*** (3-5 record) -- 2 Division Championships, 0 AFC Championship Game apperances

Jets are 17-7 against Miami in this time frame.

Jets are 100-92 in this time frame.

Dolphins are 98-94 in this time frame.

miami is above .500? i'm a bit surprised lol. didn't they have a 1-15 year in that mix?

You really are an idiot aren't you? I said his kids OR other family members in my initial post. Ryan is at a family reunion in Miami this week. Is it really that big a leap of faith to believe that he attended the Saturday night fights with other family members during his family reunion you ridiculous clown?

Have another drink on a Monday morning why don't ya?

Soooo, still can't find a link saying he had kids/family/cousins/grandmother/Aunt Betty etc.. at the MMA event? That's ok, everybody here knows you have a tendency of twisting the truth to suit YOUR argument. Bottom line, a professional NFL coach should have better judgement, regardless of the situation. Which is why the GM of the Jets has already come out and apologized for the actions of Ryan. Embarrassing for your franchise, really is.

What a complete joker Ryan is. This guy has no self control what so ever which is evident from this incident (as well as his eating habits) Once the Jets start losing this guy will be cut loose real quick with all his loud mouth antics.

I actually think Rex is going to be the first coach in Jet history that the fans give a lot of slack to in that department. He's just too lovable.

I actually think Rex is going to be the first coach in Jet history that the fans give a lot of slack to in that department. He's just too lovable.

A coach giving his hated rival's fans the bird, is easily a fan favorate lol. But i don't think that stuff will fly with the FO of an organization if your not winning. The Jets had a great season, but i highly doubt if the Jets were to have a losing season and this guy is yapping away, flipping off birds to fans, the FO would tolerate that.

A coach giving his hated rival's fans the bird, is easily a fan favorate lol. But i don't think that stuff will fly with the FO of an organization if your not winning. The Jets had a great season, but i highly doubt if the Jets were to have a losing season and this guy is yapping away, flipping off birds to fans, the FO would tolerate that.

good thing we wont have to worry about that as long as Rex is here

You Dolphin fans should really show a little more gratitude towards Rex.

The guy gives you two wins and this is the way you show your gratitude ? Booing him ?

Ryan was just minding his buisness, heading out for a nice quiet evening and out of the goodness of his heart does an interview in which you can hear the Fish fans showing their ingratitude by booing him.

If it wasn't for Ryan your season would have ended around week 10. You should all be thankful that he let your season go as long as it did.

You should have gotten more than just a middle finger. ;)

miami is above .500? i'm a bit surprised lol. didn't they have a 1-15 year in that mix?

Yep. Its only because of their 1998-2001 stretch. 2002-present day they've sucked ass every single year except 2008*.

* - Tom Brady missed entire season.

Like it is all right for someone to verbal abuse another person minding their business-their is fault here both ways but the 90 per cent goes to the Miami jerk.

Bottomline as far as fans perception, If he was the Miami coach i would think it was awesome what he did and Jets fans would be hammering him and vice versa.

Bottomline as far as fans perception, If he was the Miami coach i would think it was awesome what he did and Jets fans would be hammering him and vice versa.

LOL

Of course this is true. Also in your heart you wish that your coach did say it. All football fans like smash mouth teams. Whereas Rex did apologize for this it amused his players, and everyone knows he isn

Archived