Jets Mock 2.0

New York Mick

1nd Round - Golden Tate, WR - Notre Dame

5'11'' 195lbs

Washington was the only playmaker on the team and I'm not sure how he'll play after such a badass injury and we also need a WR that can get firstdowns and Tate plays in a Pro Style Offense which should help his transition to the pro level. On top of being a playmaker he has good hands and runs good routes.

2nd Round - Dominique Franks, CB - Oklahoma

6' 190lbs

We need a CB other then Revis to beat teams with multiple receiving threats. Franks has good size and speed and isn't afraid to tackle.

4th Round - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB - Indiana PA

6'1'' 205

We also need someone to cover HBacks and TEs and AOA has the size and speed to do it. I've never seen him played and he hurts his shoulder so he didn't play in the Shrine game but everything I've read on him I think he could be a nickleback as well as a return man.

6th Round - Brandon Banks, KR/PR/WR - Kanas State

5'7'' 155lbs

He's small as hell for an NFL player but that might help him in the return game getting lost behind his blockers. He's fast as well as being quick as hell and he's one of the best return guys in college. God knows we could use a good KR/PR.

7th Round - Rashawn Jackson, FB - Virginia

6'1'' 255lbs

TRich isn't getting any younger and Jackson can block, catch and run short yardage. He's had a little legal trouble (not sure where that stands) but he shouldn't have to steal anymore once he starts getting paid.

FA - Mickey Shuler JR, TE - Penn State

6'4'' 250lbs

We need a blocking TE and Shuler is great at it and he's the son of former Jets TE Mickey Shuler so why not.

I like it alot. Exactly what the Jets need: more pure athletes. Franks is that mouthy kid who trashed Tebow before gettiung killed by Tebow. lol He'd be a perfect Rex player.

What do you think Tate will run in th 40? If he drops a low number, he probably gets nowhere near our pick, I'm thinking.

What do you think Tate will run in th 40? If he drops a low number, he probably gets nowhere near our pick, I'm thinking.

In a draft relatively devoid of good WR's, definitely. Hell, even if he doesn't run all that fast, the Patriots may snag him before our pick comes up if Welker is definitely out for 2011, even with all their needs on D. Edelman is no Welker, and they know we may be targeting Tate.

In a draft relatively devoid of good WR's, definitely. Hell, even if he doesn't run all that fast, the Patriots may snag him before our pick comes up if Welker is definitely out for 2011, even with all their needs on D. Edelman is no Welker, and they know we may be targeting Tate.

This draft actually has some pretty damn good talent at WR, especially some top level talent, mixed in with a lot of above average to good talent.

I love Dez Bryant and Arrelious Ben, they're gonna be studs and I have zero hesitation saying that. As a huge LSU fan, Brandon LaFell is a Dwayne Bowe clone, without the drops...he also lost a bit when he didn't play in the senior bowl.

Also, huge fans of Mardy Gilyard and Riley Cooper...both are very fluid with good hands. Jordan Shipley is going to remind a lot of people of welker as well.

All in all, this draft seems to be deep at almost every position, especially the ones we need....slot WR, CB and 34 DE.

I like it alot. Exactly what the Jets need: more pure athletes. Franks is that mouthy kid who trashed Tebow before gettiung killed by Tebow. lol He'd be a perfect Rex player.

After watching him play a decent amount these past couple of years, he plays fast, but rumors are that he's going to run in the high 4.4s. I don't see him going anywhere above the mid 20s...mainly because there aren't too many in the need of a slot receiver like him, especially with Ben and Bryant on the board.

He'll be running in the low 4.4s I think. He's pretty quick as well as fast and he knows how to get open but I think his best skill is catching the ball, he's got great hands.

ikQaUdZrET8

Bottom line, if you are drafting a CB who you want to start as a rookie you better use your first round pick on that player... also, you don't turn around and use that first round pick on a slot WR.

I like the players but a starting CB is much harder to find than slot WRs. Need to go CB first and a slot later in the draft imo. You can find good "slots" throughout.

He'll be running in the low 4.4s I think. He's pretty quick as well as fast and he knows how to get open but I think his best skill is catching the ball, he's got great hands.

Nice. Thanks, fellas. From those highlights it looks like he has a lot of Hines Ward in his game--like a RB playing receiver, but in a good way.

Nice. Thanks, fellas. From those highlights it looks like he has a lot of Hines Ward in his game--like a RB playing receiver, but in a good way.

Not sure if this was mentioned, or if you've read it prior to this, but he was a big time running back in high school. Pretty sure he was at his highest rating as an "athlete" on defense by the USA Today polls, but not 100% sure.

He needs some work on his route running and the fundamentals, but he has a terrific burst off the line and always seems to just find a way in getting open. My favorite attribute of his, is the fact that he attacks the ball...he just goes up and grabs it. He has special written all over him...my favorite player in this draft. Not saying the most talented, because obviously you have Suh, Berry etc. Just my personal favorite.

Not to mention, he's doing all of this with being relatively raw as a WR.

So is slot receiver the new must have position?

I think it's less a slot receiver, more a guy who's just instant offense. There was talking that the Jets were trying very hard to trade back up into the first round last year in order to get Percy Harvin.

It's that type of player who can break off a long run with a short little bubble screen or slant. If you've watched some of his games/highlight videos, you can see that he's a great deep ball receiver, which would be perfect since sanchez throws a great deep ball.

The main thing that I love, is that he's the type of player that will help sanchez get in a rhythm quickly. Not to mention, be that type of safety-valve that can help counteract the blitz.

Watching some highlights of him yesterday, he reminded me of a receiver version of shonne greene. Probably just because of the number that they share, but as a former RB, he seems to always get the extra yard and doesn't shy away from contact.

Archived