Sanchez Smokes?

s dubb

I think this answers any nature-vs-nurture questions about Professional Sports.

To get to that level, you need god-given physical advantages that can't be coached. Similarly, those advantages aren't likely diminished (in the short-term) by smoking. Long-term, yeah...they're toast.

Maybe Michael Phelps' bong moments are offset by this, from "Scientific American":

Phelps

As an athlete smoking is detrimental to your health. Smoking constricts the arteries and you dont heal as quickly.

Free country he can do what he wants. Sanchez isnt a role model, he's a football player. If parents tell their kids to look to athletes and other celebs as role models then they are failing @ their jobs.

Whether he likes it or not hes a role model, that comes with the territory when your a pro athlete. There are thousands of kids out there that look up to him, he is a role model whether he likes it or not. He should also know not to do that in public. Is it a big deal? No. Favre dips all the time, but whether its smoking or having a gun on you when your an athlete and a role model you need to be smarter

Whether he likes it or not hes a role model, that comes with the territory when your a pro athlete. There are thousands of kids out there that look up to him, he is a role model whether he likes it or not. He should also know not to do that in public. Is it a big deal? No. Favre dips all the time, but whether its smoking or having a gun on you when your an athlete and a role model you need to be smarter

Are you really comparing having a cigarette with carrying an illegal concealed weapon?

I know baseball players are notorious for smoking. Maybe golfers too but those aren't real sports. ;)

I know there are tons of guys who smoke a little pot and personally thats fine if you do it behind closed doors but like I said, if he's a casual smoker then I can deal with that but if he's a full blown, craving and buying packs I think that just sucks.

so wait you're fine if he smokes po but if he smokes cigarettes it's no good? how does this make sense?

Are you really comparing having a cigarette with carrying an illegal concealed weapon?

NO not even close. Whether it is something as serious as having a gun on you or something as small as having a cigarette no matter the circumstance pro athletes are role models whether they like it or not. Everything they do whether small or big is magnified and shouldnt be done in public.

NO not even close. Whether it is something as serious as having a gun on you or something as small as having a cigarette no matter the circumstance pro athletes are role models whether they like it or not. Everything they do whether small or big is magnified and shouldnt be done in public.

Bleh.

The rest of the universe should take a chill-pill and let these guys live their lives.

A 23 year old star QB was seen smoking a cigarette in a club? Heavens to Murgatroid! The children! What about the children!

disaster-girl.jpg

Bleh.

The rest of the universe should take a chill-pill and let these guys live their lives.

A 23 year old star QB was seen smoking a cigarette in a club? Heavens to Murgatroid! The children! What about the children!

I don't think anyone really cares that he smokes, it's just a little surprising.

haha my life choices as a young 19 year old lead to believe certain things, if i smoke a bunch of pot i can still go out and run a mile.

if i smoke a bunch of cigarettes its a bit of a struggle

Nah, not me when ever I run while stoned every 10-15 strides I have to stop and ponder why the pile of dog crap I just passed looks like Bill Belichick.

Bleh.

disaster-girl.jpg

You're right. He might fall asleep with a lit cigarette and burn his house down with him in it. Time to quit Mark.

So basically they should live their lives for others to follow as an example? Get out of LaLa Land

So basically they should live their lives for others to follow as an example? Get out of LaLa Land

His argument is valid. I would agree that athletes SHOULD live as if they're under a microscope. You're arguing that that is impossible to do, which is equally valid, but it doesn't really counter what he was saying.