The Michael Vick Project

jetophile

I had this idea with Pacman 2 years ago... No one wanted to listen then. :face:
Adam Jones was the reason Vick was allowed back in the league. In fact, I'm fairly convinced that was why Jones was allowed back in the league in the first place - to pave the way. It was a horrid move by Goodell to say the least. Disgraceful, really. You can't allow a recidivist who was involved with thugs and some poor guy getting paralyzed to have a gazillion chances and turn away a guy who tortured lowly dogs. :bag: That being said, it really was the gambling across state lines fed charges that should have banned him for life, not the torture, if people want to get technical and see if for what it really is. No, it didn't involve football, but he lied to the league on top of it. What kind of s hit is that?

I initially had high hopes for Goodell because he pulled the trigger on Vick's suspension, but of course he turned into a pussified rube just...this...fast. And, when he didn't suspend Belichik for at least four games over Cheatie Gate, I saw the writing on the wall.

Adam Jones was the reason Vick was allowed back in the league. In fact, I'm fairly convinced that was why Jones was allowed back in the league in the first place - to pave the way. It was a horrid move by Goodell to say the least. Disgraceful, really. You can't allow a recidivist who was involved with thugs and some poor guy getting paralyzed to have a gazillion chances and turn away a guy who tortured lowly dogs. :bag: That being said, it really was the gambling across state lines fed charges that should have banned him for life, not the torture, if people want to get technical and see if for what it really is. No, it didn't involve football, but he lied to the league on top of it. What kind of s hit is that?

I initially had high hopes for Goodell because he pulled the trigger on Vick's suspension, but of course he turned into a pussified rube just...this...fast. And, when he didn't suspend Belichik for at least four games over Cheatie Gate, I saw the writing on the wall.

I don't disagree with anything you said here.

I'm just taking about the TV show itself. From a TV standpoint, it's going to be a success. I wished someone cared when I said that NFL meets Entourage meets Americas Most Wanted two years ago with Jones.

There are something like 5 paranormal shows on the air right now (I do one of them), TLC has 3 shows about midgets, I'm half embarrassed to admit that I think I could sell a show about midget paranormal investigators, there's a half dozen shows on real estate, 4 or 5 on idiots with 8 or more children, and a dozen glorifying jobs you'd never want to do, like driving a truck on ice or being a lumberjack.

The Mike Vick show is a great idea, and I think it'll be a huge success.

Agree with the above...but don't know if Goodell is in any position to draw a line with thugs.

The pressure on this league to hit harder, and cause more pain each year practically demands that people with 'issues' will be sought-after. Nice guys can be kickers and linemen. Without addressing the "jack them up" mentality with rules changes, it'll be tough to decide which thugs are the good ones and which are the bad ones.

Keep the drunks, toss the wife abusers?

-maybe just toss the 'pregnant' wife abusers?

Keep players if their crew kills someone, as long as you didn't do it alone? (ray lewis)

Keep the carjackers, but toss for armed robbery?

- mugging or intimidation ok?

I'm not on a soapbox, and the game is FUN to watch. I just don't think it's realistic for the consumer to expect "altar boys" to create the product we currently want to see on the field.

I don't disagree with anything you said here.

I'm just taking about the TV show itself. From a TV standpoint, it's going to be a success. I wished someone cared when I said that NFL meets Entourage meets Americas Most Wanted two years ago with Jones.

There are something like 5 paranormal shows on the air right now (I do one of them), TLC has 3 shows about midgets, I'm half embarrassed to admit that I think I could sell a show about midget paranormal investigators, there's a half dozen shows on real estate, 4 or 5 on idiots with 8 or more children, and a dozen glorifying jobs you'd never want to do, like driving a truck on ice or being a lumberjack.

The Mike Vick show is a great idea, and I think it'll be a huge success.

I was being mildly facetious about the torture part. You have to have a piece of your soul missing. Seriously. And I'm not and have never compared the life of a human being to that of a dog, but it's what lies beneath that is what makes what he did so disturbing. I'm of the mind that the more cognizant the creature of their own suffering, the more heinous the act. It was very heinous. He would have continued ad nauseum if he wasn't pinched, no question. He isn't sorry. He's only sorry he got upended. I doubt he sees anything wrong with what he was doing, no matter the 'sensitivity' training. Dogs are smarter, really.

Not sure what you mean that you 'do one of them'? Directly involved or you just watch? Anyway, you're pretty much right on. It's all about giving the people what they want, but why do people WANT it? I guess that's a good deal of the query, and we all pretty much know that rubbernecking at freaks is part of human psychology (jets128 - why do people feed the job haver), but again, rewarding bad behavior, it's an illness I prefer not to catch.

Not sure what you mean that you 'do one of them'? Directly involved or you just watch? Anyway, you're pretty much right on. It's all about giving the people what they want, but why do people WANT it? I guess that's a good deal of the query, and we all pretty much know that rubbernecking at freaks is part of human psychology (jets128 - why do people feed the job haver), but again, rewarding bad behavior, it's an illness I prefer not to catch.

I work on one of TV's many paranormal shows. My company does two of them.

Agree with the above...but don't know if Goodell is in any position to draw a line with thugs.

The pressure on this league to hit harder, and cause more pain each year practically demands that people with 'issues' will be sought-after. Nice guys can be kickers and linemen. Without addressing the "jack them up" mentality with rules changes, it'll be tough to decide which thugs are the good ones and which are the bad ones.

Keep the drunks, toss the wife abusers?

-maybe just toss the 'pregnant' wife abusers?

Keep players if their crew kills someone, as long as you didn't do it alone? (ray lewis)

Keep the carjackers, but toss for armed robbery?

- mugging or intimidation ok?

I'm not on a soapbox, and the game is FUN to watch. I just don't think it's realistic for the consumer to expect "altar boys" to create the product we currently want to see on the field.

Wow Jerry, I love your posts but I couldn't possibly disgree more with you. Never before has the league been so "pussified" as it is today. Don't hit the guy in the head, don't hit him below the knees, don't hit him when he's defenseless, don't lift him and drive him into the ground, don't make any contact with a receiver past 5 yards, don't throw a block on a QB if he isn't within range of making a play after a pick, don't do this, don't do that....

The pressure is not on anyone to hit harder or be more vicious, the pressure is on them to make sure they don't hit someone too hard or else they'll be fined/suspended.

My apologies if this was already posted. For shame, BET. A reality show? We heard rumblings months ago, but are you KIDDING me?! I am so sick of this POS being portrayed as a victim. Let's continually reward bad behavior, why not. Unbelievable, and fukk this guy already.

http://www.bet.com/OnTV/BETShows/comingsoon_michaelvick

If Ted Bundy was black BET would have given him a show.

If Ted Bundy was black BET would have given him a show.

That's a little harsh. This isnt a reality show, it's a 10 part documentary series, totally different.

This isnt any trashier than the bullsh!t MTV and VH1 force feeds us

That's a little harsh. This isnt a reality show, it's a 10 part documentary series, totally different.

DLJ you were being polite. Mick's statement was down right ignorant....

"Totally different", who cares? He's being rewarded for bad behavior, much as I said, and let me refocus the point. Michael Vick didn't come back from cancer. He didn't donate a kidney. He doesn't deserve to have a medal pinned on his chest. He isn't a victim. It isn't a feel good story. He shouldn't be in football. Goodell is an idiot. That about does it.

EDIT: For old time's sake...

vickdanceagain5.jpg

Hehe.

Archived