Rex "HEY MIAMI" Tshirt

joebabyny

Hey guys, gime your thoughts. I didn't have much to work with as it was a small low rez crummy camphone pic. Gonna speak to my screenprinter tomorrow. Would you buy one? I'll probably donate a buck or 2 from each sale to the Leukemia Lymphoma society.

EDIT,here's a final shirt. Your thoughts please.

t_shirt_template.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be honest it'd be money with just the picture and nothing else. The lettering kinda makes it look cheap.

well, cheap and trashy is kinda the look i was going for, i mean, its a guy giving the finger, lol.

Thanks for the input, lets see how this thread goes tomorrow and I'll rework if thats the general consensus. I just think the meaning of the shirt wil be lost on a lot of people if it doesn't reference miami, and I didn't want to write f##k on it because who is gonna wear that,and they won't let you in the stadium with that i think.

I'd buy one. You just have to have a 4X. Im a big guy.

As for the shirt itself, its a good look. Very homebrew feel.

Yeah, i love the distressed look with the fades. I made a second option as per the first reply, gonna gauge interest to figure out which to go with. What do you think.

And no worries, I will make sure to have 4x

well, cheap and trashy is kinda the look i was going for, i mean, its a guy giving the finger, lol.

Exactly, that's the humor behind it. What I meant was that the lettering cheapens the funny, not the shirt. Words aren't necessary for that one. Not to mention that it also broadens the usefulness of the shirt.

Exactly, that's the humor behind it. What I meant was that the lettering cheapens the funny, not the shirt. Words aren't necessary for that one. Not to mention that it also broadens the usefulness of the shirt.

Check out the original post, I added a version without the text

No offense bro, but its just not for me.

I'm actually embarrassed that Rex did that... because NOW his low-brow antics are going to over-shadow his football acumen and accomplishments all off-season.

It was a stupid thing to do. Head coaches are like CEO's... would you want the CEO of your company doing something like that?

No way.

I like Rex's "just one of the guys" approach... however, there has to be a point where that ends and he becomes a dignified figurehead for this organization.

(Bravo on kicking some of the cash to charity btw.)

We will become known as the franchise that creates t-shirts to celebrate buffoonery rather than championships.

lol, i highly doubt this tshirt will make much of a difference in how we are perceived. And I am guessing you haven't been to many jets games in miami, this shirt is pretty tame compared to what they sell in the parking lots there.

I'm actually embarrassed that Rex did that... because NOW his low-brow antics are going to over-shadow his football acumen and accomplishments all off-season.

It was a stupid thing to do. Head coaches are like CEO's... would you want the CEO of your company doing something like that?

No way.

I like Rex's "just one of the guys" approach... however, there has to be a point where that ends and he becomes a dignified figurehead for this organization.

What if you worked for an ass kicking company? Would you care that the CEO flicked some idiot off?

Because Rex works for a company that profits off of kicking ass.

I <3 Rex Ryan

lol, i highly doubt this tshirt will make much of a difference in how we are perceived. And I am guessing you haven't been to many jets games in miami, this shirt is pretty tame compared to what they sell in the parking lots there.

When I see those people that peddle and wear inflammatory t-shirts, I usually just tend to shake my head.

To each his own

When I see those people that peddle and wear inflammatory t-shirts, I usually just tend to shake my head.

To each his own

I think "jets suck suck suck" or "f##k the pats" or the "jets suck and pats swallow" shirts are crude, low class, and really just boring and uncreative. This is more playful than anything else. But like you said, to each his own.

I think "jets suck suck suck" or "f##k the pats" or the "jets suck and pats swallow" shirts are crude, low class, and really just boring and uncreative. This is more playful than anything else. But like you said, to each his own.

I won't deny you the opportunity to profit off this (like I could), or for anybody to wear this (again, like I could).

Just not my cup of tea, but that is just me.

No way.

We will become known as the franchise that creates t-shirts to celebrate buffoonery rather than championships.

I agree. I think Rex stands for a lot of good things. Aggressive, hard nosed football, not backing down, never being afraid.

But I wouldn't wear that shirt personally. I don't think what he did was terrible but if he is suspending players (David Clowney) for their actions off the field (twitter) then Rex needs to adhere to his own standards.

Coming out of the Lucas Oil dome, they were selling ***** the Jets shirts that said Brady still swallows on the back.

Embarassing.

I don't know who would actually spend money or put one of those shirts on in public.

Actually, there is a percentage of every fandom that thinks it is either cute, or comical. No fan base is immune.

My take is if you need to exploit another franchise in a vulgar way, you may not have enough for your own franchise to crow about.

When the Jets win the SB, I will buy my T-shirt with you. As long as you clear it with NFL properties.

I agree. I think Rex stands for a lot of good things. Aggressive, hard nosed football, not backing down, never being afraid.

But I wouldn't wear that shirt personally. I don't think what he did was terrible but if he is suspending players (David Clowney) for their actions off the field (twitter) then Rex needs to adhere to his own standards.

Meh, I don't think Clowney speaking out in public crying about his playing time or talking negatively about how the team is being run is in the same category as what rex did in the off season in a crowd where some douche happened to get him with a camphone. It isn't like rex went and shot a tweetpic and broadcast it to the world or did it on a sideline during the game or in a presser. But I do think him standing in a stadium in a heated rival town full of dips##t miami fans heckling him and him laughing and not backing down and giving it back isn't so far from the attitude he has set with this team from his speeches when first coming here. Is it appropriate, no, is it a bad example for kids, yeah i guess so. But lets be honest,with these kids all over the internet, and with shows like Jersey Shore and all the reality tv garbage, is rex and a middle finger he flashed when he thought he wasn't on camera really the worst thing? No. Besides, you can't deny that this spices up the jets/fins rivalry even more, which is good for both fins and jets fans.

And whatever max, I'm trying to raise money for charity and a new tailgatejoe grill. Tv appearances on TLC don't pay as much as you think they would, lol.

Actually another guy inside the stadium had a t-shirt that said if you don't root for the Colts, take your b*tch a$$ home.

I'll be honest, that one's kinda funny, i chuckled for a second.Not that I would wear something that had swear words, but at least it is just talking about his own team.

Archived