Thrashers trade Kovalchuk to the Devils

Lurker

Oh New Jersey. You gave up a bunch and got worse. Way to go.

They didn't really give up anything for a 40+ goal scorer, no?

The 76 Devils fans are excited.

The other 15,000 "followers" that will show up at the Prudential for the playoffs, will care in a couple months.

They didn't really give up anything for a 40+ goal scorer, no?

The 76 Devils fans are excited.

The other 15,000 "followers" that will show up at the Prudential for the playoffs, will care in a couple months.

They gave up a top 4 defensemen, a solid 2nd liner, a top prospect and a 1st round pick for a guy who they might not re-sign and who doesn't fit their defense first system. The Penguins are still the team to beat in the east.

They gave up a top 4 defensemen, a solid 2nd liner, a top prospect and a 1st round pick for a guy who they might not re-sign and who doesn't fit their defense first system. The Penguins are still the team to beat in the east.

I kind of agree with this. I wasn't happy about giving up Bergfors at all, I think Devils fans were really starting to love him, he fit into the classic NJ mold that we've become accustomed to. We'll see though, we were certainly having trouble scoring and he's one of the best there is in that department. And Cormier I can certainly do without, there's just too much drama with that kid.

Its only a good deal if they extend him, imo. They aren't winning the cup this year.

I think the Capitals would be the team to beat though, on paper. I think they'll have to go through Pittsburgh though, and they were an embarrassment last year in that game 7, so its yet to be seen if they are a team that can finish.

If Fleury got that big save vs Ovy against this year's team, would they still crumble like last year's, or would they be able to overcome it like the Penguins have shown able to do time and time again?

• 2 months later...

oh c'mon

silly thing to bump

turns out the trade didn't work out for them.

While they didn't play well, a lot of it was drawing a very unfavorable matchup.

still say they had a better shot than washington or san jose and there's no question they were one of the top teams in the nhl, along with Washington, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Chicago, and Vancouver. No other top teams.

lol, just trolling a little. I didn't think Brodeur was going to be able to last because I expected he'd start throughout the whole Olympics and it would wear on him. You're right though, it was a bad matchup.

Brodeur I don't know what happened

he made a great save on Gagne during one of the games, but wasn't as good as he usually is.

Olympics provided needed rest for him because Luongo ended up with most of the playing time.

it's the offense that just wasn't there and Kovalchuk was underwhelming in the playoffs. This was the first good chance in his career and he squandered it. Now he'll sign elsewhere for big bucks.

Archived