Impending snow storm hurt SB chances?

Jetsfan1015

Some people may say that 41 degrees is cold. Some may say that 39 mph wind is inclement.

Home team decides there.

How many games at the Meadowlands have had winds of more than 39mph? I would guess less than 10 percent..

How many games at the Meadowlands have been when it rained or below 40 degrees?

Remember, it doesn't have to be a combination. It has to be either.

Every single December game this past season would have had a closed roof. The roof would have been closed in November for most of the month as well.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many games at the Meadowlands have been when it rained or below 40 degrees?

Remember, it doesn't have to be a combination. It has to be either.

Every single December game this past season would have had a closed roof. The roof would have been closed in November for most of the month as well.

It would have affected both the December games, and NONE of the November games.

11-1 Miami

Temperature: 54

I couldn't care less about them.

LOL.

But the rules apply the same to them.

The bottom line is that the NFL inclement weather rule would negatively impact the Jets and Giants late season/postseason homefield advantage.

LOL.

But the rules apply the same to them.

The bottom line is that the NFL inclement weather rule would negatively impact the Jets and Giants late season/postseason homefield advantage.

Since you asked, 1 Giant game in November would have been shut-39 degrees.

YOU said it was the NFL's decision whether the dome is open or closed. That is not entirely true.

You acted in a pompous manner to some in explaining that, as if you were the arbiter of all this.

Since you asked, 1 Giant game in November would have been shut-39 degrees.

YOU said it was the NFL's decision whether the dome is open or closed. That is not entirely true.

You acted in a pompous manner to some in explaining that, as if you were the arbiter of all this.

Okay, Crusader of Trivialities.

You made an absolute statement, which was wrong. At least in the context you were purporting it.

Man up to it.

I made a mistatement. It happens.

But the overall point was correct and you debating over minitua doesn't change that.

I made a mistatement. It happens.

But the overall point was correct and you debating over minitua doesn't change that.

It is not minutia.

Good debate.

Going into it, I did not know the rule myself. Your statement that the NFDL decides, I thought was odd.

I understand the point about home field, and agree with it.

It is not minutia.

Good debate.

Going into it, I did not know the rule myself. Your statement that the NFDL decides, I thought was odd.

I understand the point about home field, and agree with it.

Hey, we learn something new everyday.

I didn't know about the rule (I mistakenly mistated it) until I read an article about why there was no roof on the new stadium. I believe Cimini wrote it.

Hazardous would have to be more strictly defined.

what is it with you and arguing with lawyers on matters like this... you are not a lawyer, you don't play one on TV, and you didn't stay in a holiday inn last night, so STFU :D

Actually, had the WSS been built the SB would have been played in NY this Sunday.

Plus the NFL had pretty much guaranteed 3 SBs in the first 10 years to help get it built.

****ing Dolans! :akf:

...On the contrary...People are complaining about PSL prices now? Could you imagine how much more they would be if we weren't splitting with the Giants, and in the heart of one of the biggest, most expensive, sophisticated, cities in the world?

I mistakenly forgot about Tampa, but the NFL dislikes Miami because of the rain and the poor facilities. Goodell said recently that the SB won't return unless there's an upgrade.

It has nothing to do w/ the rain, it has to do w/ the facility and Miami is trying to make upgrades to their Stadium so they'll get SBs again soon after the refurbishments.

I like the weather being an element (and there's no parity there), but to get financially raped by two teams in the same building who are getting PSLs from two fan bases WITHOUT a dome is an atrocity. Screw Woody the cheapskate. He bent to the Maras, and screw those two a-holes first and foremost. Blah blah Tikki Barber held Wellington Mara's hand before he died, big sh it. Fukk the Giants and I hope they never win another game in their collective life time.

The NFL waived its "50 degree rule" to allow the New Meadowlands Stadium to put up a bid for Super Bowl 48.

This isn't like we would be hosting it every four or five years, this is a once in a lifetime chance. If the NFL decides that this stadium should not not host, it is a disgrace.

It makes zero sense that crucial December and January playoff games can be decided in snow, yet the Super Bowl can't. And yes, I understand the entire party thing, but who can throw a better party then NYC? Yes, its indoors, boo-hoo, for a once in a lifetime event, it is worth it.

Of course if this does happen that will be the year that two warm weather teams, or dome teams, will meet and there will be 16 inches of snow Saturday into Sunday afternoon.

the NFL wants to make sure the super bowl is never played where a team gets home field advantage

to assure this, they should just play in miami every year

:Ban:

:)

Funny, but if that were true then Indy would not be hosting in 2012. That may be the year that the Super Bowl is held in a city of one of the two teams.

And if the Jets don't make it, you hope the Giants do so you can make a 300% profit.

That's the funniest thing I've heard today. The Giants reaching a Super Bowl in 2014? Bravo sir, bravo. =D>

I'll save Blackout from having to make his 28,000th (worthless) post: "Eli Manning is teh best quarterback ever lol"

That's the funniest thing I've heard today. The Giants reaching a Super Bowl in 2012? Bravo sir, bravo. =D>

I'll save Blackout from having to make his 28,000th (worthless) post: "Eli Manning is teh best quarterback ever lol"

I know, but I mean, I was thinking maybe 30 other teams in the NFL will come down with the measles and will have to forefit the season. :lol:

Madison HS has better Linebackers then the Giants. ;)

Madison sucks, dude. When I was in school, our QB had a lazy eye, and our best player was our kicker. Literally. He was our Jay Feeey, always doing the kickoffs AND making the tackles. We only had 1 pep rally at Madison in my 4 years there....and it was for f***ing FIELD HOCKEY.

I am far more proud of my college degree than my Madison diploma, if my avatar is any indication.

Madison sucks, dude. When I was in school, our QB had a lazy eye, and our best player was our kicker. Literally. He was our Jay Feeey, always doing the kickoffs AND making the tackles. We only had 1 pep rally at Madison in my 4 years there....and it was for f***ing FIELD HOCKEY.

I am far more proud of my college degree than my Madison diploma, if my avatar is any indication.

UNCW Basketball, ftw.

Madison sucks, dude. When I was in school, our QB had a lazy eye, and our best player was our kicker. Literally. He was our Jay Feeey, always doing the kickoffs AND making the tackles.

You should be ashamed very ashamed. I heard you couldnt even mix the powdered Gator-Ade without help.

UNCW Basketball, ftw.

And the coaching search begins!

I can't complain too much about how we're doing now, because I got to experience the thrill of rushing the court in Richmond Coliseum (in front of an ESPN audience) when we won the CAA Title, and also attend our NCAA Tournament game against George Washington. Hopefully the good times return, and soon.

Plus, our baseball team looks poised to reach the Super Regionals (baseball version of Sweet 16) this year. Wooh!

Just wondering do you think this impending snow storm hurt the new stadiums chances of getting the Super Bowl? Even though the area around the stadium is only suppose to get 3-6 inches, it clearly shows the potential for a blizzard to happen during the Super Bowl. Which I am sure the NFL does not want. Just a thought...

This is a really good thread.

Everyone the Jets and Giants were able to bid on the Super Bowl in 2014. The NFL waived the cold weather clause. A Super Bowl in the new stadium is being considered now.

Why?

I think it is to help them sell the naming rights to the stadium.

From December: http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/3499-super-new-stadium-can-bid-for-2014-game

And I think 1015 is correct - this could hurt the chances of them winning the bid. The No Fun League couldn't have celebrities sitting out in the snow and cold.

http://jetstwit.com/2010/02/06/a-super-bowl-in-the-meadowlands-in-2014-goodell-and-others-think-so/

A Super Bowl in the Meadowlands in 2014, Goodell and Others Think So

by Erik Manassy on February 6, 2010

1 tweet retweet

Commissioner Roger Goodell, in speaking in his a annual state of the league address at the Super Bowl, indicated that he favors a Super Bowl in the new Meadowlands stadium for 2014. Goodell states

Archived