Impending snow storm hurt SB chances?

Jetsfan1015

This is retarded. Who cares how nice the stadium is? It's still a sh!tty time of year weatherwise. Who the hell wants a Superbowl played in incliment weather? or in the bitter cold?

Real fans and people who don't live in California or Florida.

Corporate America views the Super Bowl as an opportunity to do a junket with clients, and it serves a nice vacation.

Truth to the matter, the game becomes second to the experience and spending time in a nice area. They do not want to be doing this inclement weather.

Further proof that sports are moving further and further from the fans.

Truth be known, if the Super Bowl were played in a blizzard, it would have its highest television rating of all time and be talked about for years, ala the ice bowl.

Real fans and people who don't live in California or Florida.

So you're not a REAL fan if you think it's a retarded idea to play the biggest game in America in what could be sh!tastic cold weather? What if there's a giant blizzard on the day of the Superbowl? What then? Another opinion masquerading as fact. :rolleyes:

Edited by DLJ

Jets fans would have to shovel themselves out before going to the bar to watch two other teams play.

LOL, couldn't resist.

You know, I just totally sequestered myself from football the last 2 weeks. Did not listen to the pre-game hype. Did not get involved in the banter.

I am not bitter a bout a Jets loss, just had my fill of football this year, which I guess is good.

I have no real rooting interest in the game. I am fine if Petyon wins-hopefully the Colts would be less hungry next year. I would happy for NO if the Saints win. I am prepared to just watch a game and let it unfold. Kind of a nice place to be.

Enough about me.

What if there is a blizzard on the day of the AFC Championship? What then?

The same thing would happen if there was a blizard during week 8. None of that matters when compared to the Superbowl. Can you imagine the controversy if the Superbowl winner was decided because of the weather? More than it would be in the AFc Championship or any other time. They dont need to move the SB to a cold state or none dome. It's silly.

The same thing would happen if there was a blizard during week 8. None of that matters when compared to the Superbowl. Can you imagine the controversy if the Superbowl winner was decided because of the weather? More than it would be in the AFc Championship or any other time. They dont need to move the SB to a cold state or none dome. It's silly.

One person's opinion, which is fine.

Corporate America views the Super Bowl as an opportunity to do a junket with clients, and it serves a nice vacation.

Truth to the matter, the game becomes second to the experience and spending time in a nice area. They do not want to be doing this inclement weather.

Further proof that sports are moving further and further from the fans.

Truth be known, if the Super Bowl were played in a blizzard, it would have its highest television rating of all time and be talked about for years, ala the ice bowl.

Has anyone forgotted about all these ridiculous club lounges in the new house? I bet there isn't another outdoor stadium in the nfl that has more outside seats with inside viewing club options.

Yes, they do, and there is no reason why the Super Bowl should be excluded from weather conditions. None. You can't come up with one god damn reason why. Because its unfair? Bull**** its unfair. Maybe one of those teams that got there got to the game because of an unfair score in a game with bad weather.

The NFL would be smart by having Super Bowl XLVIII here in NJ, and they in the end will come to that conclusion.

Goodell wants its, non-***** NFL fans want it, it will happen.

Yeah right, weather makes it "unfair". Last I checked, BOTH teams have to deal with weather conditions. This isn't baseball, where games get rained out.

We're talking about a league that gave Bill Belichick a slap on the wrist for cheating his way to 3 Super Bowl titles. How hypocritical would it be to say that its unfair for two teams to have to deal with some less than predictable weather?

Yes, they do, and there is no reason why the Super Bowl should be excluded from weather conditions. None. You can't come up with one god damn reason why. Because its unfair? Bull**** its unfair. Maybe one of those teams that got there got to the game because of an unfair score in a game with bad weather.

The NFL would be smart by having Super Bowl XLVIII here in NJ, and they in the end will come to that conclusion.

Goodell wants its, non-***** NFL fans want it, it will happen.

$

The most $ will be made in NYC.

Next.

The NFL wants this to be a major week + long event... and they want it in a place with vacation weather. Nobody is coming up to the North East for a Super Bowl week to spend their vacation in miserable weather. Fans of the teams that are playing will show up on Saturday and leave on Monday if the Super Bowl week is held in NY...

The NFL wants this to be a major week + long event... and they want it in a place with vacation weather. Nobody is coming up to the North East for a Super Bowl week to spend their vacation in miserable weather. Fans of the teams that are playing will show up on Saturday and leave on Monday if the Super Bowl week is held in NY...

I don't know how I feel about a winter weather Super Bowl, but the fact that the game's been played in Minnesota and Detroit would seem to run counter to your theory. Helluva lot more to do in NYC than in either of those locales. Guarantee people would be spending a week or two here for the game. People come from around the world to spend Christmas here, why not the Super Bowl?

doesn't this go to a vote by the owners ?

I just don't see them messing with a proven formula

plus, the NY/NJ/CT market is very reliable from a TV ratings standpoint, so there is actually very little $ incentive to do the game here

and I have to think expenses would skyrocket for the production, meals, hotels, travel

the more I think about it, if I was an owner I would vote " HELL NO" to a SB at jets stadium

I don't know how I feel about a winter weather Super Bowl, but the fact that the game's been played in Minnesota and Detroit would seem to run counter to your theory. Helluva lot more to do in NYC than in either of those locales. Guarantee people would be spending a week or two here for the game. People come from around the world to spend Christmas here, why not the Super Bowl?

Perhaps people would be less inclined to come to the game knowing they have to sit outdoors in North Jersey in the middle of the winter.

Plus lets face it, offense sells tickets. SB is the most widely watched game of the year, the more points the better..

Besides, only 2 super bowl has been in a cold weather site in the last 20 years (dome or no dome, including the next 4 scheduled), and one was detroit, in what i suspect was an attempt to inject some money into a dieing city, the second being Indy which is a prominent franchise with one of the more influential owners.

Edited by CTM