Would you trade Rhodes for Julius Peppers?

GREENBEAN

I don't even know if that is possible, but I think I would make that deal if I had the opportunity. Any thoughts on something like this?

I'm DYING HERE!!!!!! :o)

What kind of question is this?

Would you trade a mediocre safety for a 10+ sack guy?

I hope this is a joke...

10.5 Sacks.

5 FF.

2 INT.

If 'done' is half of that, its' still more productive than rhodes.

It's not a joke. He took a lot of plays off. Sure, he compiled some stats, but even the people in Carolina (I have a bunch of friends down there) say he's on the downside. Not to mention he made 16M this year! The deal you are going to have to give him will be big!

It's not a joke. He took a lot of plays off. Sure, he compiled some stats, but even the people in Carolina (I have a bunch of friends down there) say he's on the downside. Not to mention he made 16M this year! The deal you are going to have to give him will be big!

And your point? We need an edge rusher. Peppers would fill that need, and also help us rid ourselves of another unmotivated player, Rhodes. Perhaps under Rex Ryan, Peppers would be rejuvenated. If we were to do a crazy deal like this, we could afford to pay Peppers for a couple seasons.

And your point? We need an edge rusher. Peppers would fill that need, and also help us rid ourselves of another unmotivated player, Rhodes. Perhaps under Rex Ryan, Peppers would be rejuvenated. If we were to do a crazy deal like this, we could afford to pay Peppers for a couple seasons.

Only if Peppers will play the 34 DE.

We are in no need of an OLB who can rush the passer, we need a DE who can rush the passer.

Only if Peppers will play the 34 DE.

We are in no need of an OLB who can rush the passer, we need a DE who can rush the passer.

In that case, Peppers would be a situational guy and I'd say no thanks unless we were able to negotiate a relatively "cheap" deal with Peppers beforehand. He'd get lost in the 3-4 as a DE.

Then again, he said before this past season that he wanted to go to a team that runs a 3-4, for reasons unknown. I guess he'd rather be a 3-4 OLB.

would you trade Danny Woodhead for Anquan Boldin? this is going to be a long offseason

You guys are ridiculous. The reason I brought this scenario up is it's two players who do not want to be on the teams they are on. They are both name players. The panthers are going to lose Peppers. They would probably want to get something in return.

even though the Jets fans think Rhodes is a turd does not mean the rest of the NFL does. Remember Mathis, Blake, Farrior etc? I remember people talking about losing them and no one seemed to care. " They suck" comments were made. They all went on to success in this league.

Just because you're near sighted and think with your attitude problem does not mean rhodes has no value. Comparing him to woodhead is hmmmmmm... well you know what that is.

two immortal words. HELL and NO.

Peppers is overpaid, and when the team isn't winning, he quits, or at least stops trying hard.

In the Jets Panthers game, he really didn't try very hard after Brick stone walled him

That's something they would have to consider. I wonder if playing for Rex would give him new life. It's hard to be motivated for a team that you didn't want to play for in the first place and who's losing.

I don't even know if that is possible, but I think I would make that deal if I had the opportunity. Any thoughts on something like this?

I'm DYING HERE!!!!!! :o)

I wouldn't. Peppers is BIG money and on the downside of his career. I don't think he's worth the money he'd want.

The easy answer is yes, but honestly, the only way Carolina would agree to this was if Peppers just killed a Vietnamese hooker or something and nobody knew about it yet but them. So I'm gonna be the minority here and say no. Something would be awfully fishy behind Carolina taking this one considering several other teams would be willing to offer a hell of a lot more.

If we're talking about getting a player who wants out then let's go for Brandon Marshall. We will have an awesome receiving corp that will stretch the hell out of the field, which will create all sorts of mismatches and open up for our run game further. The Broncos can take a conditional pick in 2011(second to third rounder). We let Eric Smith step up and take the safety spot because he looked good this year, and we trade our entire draft away in order to move up to number seven where Mangini will give us Joe Haden who will infinitely improve our defense.

This would be ten times better then trying to teach an old pony new tricks (converting Peppers to OLB) and would actually fill a need! We can address the defensive line in our limited free agency and in next year's draft (if there is one). Our defense will be improved and Sanchez will have Marshall who has been able to succeed with both Cutler and Orton. We could let him and Edwards make the big plays down the field and open up the interior for Cotchery and Keller to cut up CB3's and LB's in man and zone coverage.

Let's see, I just just made a dead Vietnamese hooker reference. What do you think?

I'd say the Vietnamese comment was as real as anything else. lol

but don't forget that Carolina know's he wants out. It serves more of a purpose from their standpoint to get something for him. Rhodes is as athletic as anyone and has a genuine upside that a lot of teams may covet.

Hell throw in Gholston. Why not? That's if they would take his contract of course.

Archived