Jaguars to release Torry Holt...

I would consider it if he realizes he isn't a top receiver anymore and accepts a contract that his skills dictate. He has good hands and averaged over 14 yards a catch last year. He would be an awesome possession receiver and we can still bring in a speedster for 4 WR sets to help Braylon spread the field.

The Jets are going to be so limited in free agency, I hope they don't tie up any of the few moves they can make with Torry Holt.

If Holt is cut, the Jets are free to sign him without any limitations - not that that makes it a good idea.

If Holt is cut, the Jets are free to sign him without any limitations - not that that makes it a good idea.

Thanks -- I know you posted this stuff before, I should have read it closer.

I thought he was still classified as a FA.

Thanks -- I know you posted this stuff before, I should have read it closer.

I thought he was still classified as a FA.

Nope, he has a deal with the jags where he is due 9mil over the next 2 years, so he is being cut. Cut players can be picked up with no restrictions, so it wouldn't hinder any FA signings.

He is only 2 seasons removed from 5 straight pro-bowls... has been productive the last two years... is 3 years younger than TO and a few months older than Randy Moss.

He isn't ancient and while I think his pro-bowl seasons are behind him and that he is certainly in the decline he can certainly still be productive enough to help most teams out there.

Archived