Hessstation's 1st Jets Mock

HessStation

OK, here's my first crack...

Sign:

Alge Crumpler TE (at 32 he would be the perfect compliment as a #2)

Sean Jones S (Still only 28 and could be a dark horse signing)

1st: Trade down 6-10 slots for a 4th round pick.

2nd: Jerry Hughes OLB/DE TCU (Hughes seems to be slipping a bit/may not fit every system/perfect edge rusher who can rotate on passing downs/reminds me of Quentin Groves)

2nd: Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest (cover corner with size and speed/probably won't be there but one can hope)

4th: John Asamoah OG Illinois (plays with an attitude/shoulder blade injury at Sr Bowl drops his stock which is fine as he won't be expected to start but add depth his rookie year)

5th: Terrell Skinner S Maryland (underrated S who had a good Sr Bowl game)

6th: Owen Marecic FB Stanford

7th: Stafon Johnson RB USC (would love to give him a shot/could fill in as a back up to Greene and Leon)

FA: Tindon Holliday WR LSU/Joique Bell RB Wayne State/Josh Morris CB Weber State

Resign Brad Smith, Leon Washington, Braylon Edwards

if we take a true 3-4 DE at 29 ( the 280 lb variety) I'd be OK with it, but not an edge rusher. he may not even see the field with pace and thomas in front of him

#29 needs to be the best outside skill guy on the board, WR or CB

such a shame the ghost didn't pan out, really ****ing hurts this roster

I agree, and I will be more than happy with a CB and WR in the first two rounds. I think the edge rusher DE or OLB is greatly overrated and frankly not something that should be addressed day one. DE in this defense isn't so much a playmaker as a guy who takes up offensive linemen so others can make plays. A Richard Seymour only comes along once every ten years. And OLB? really? Pace is a stud and Thomas has been adequate so we can wait another year before we upgrade here. When Jenkins went down Pouha stepped up big time and with Kris coming back and Ellis healthy our front three are arguably the best front three of any 3-4 defense in the league.

I would even consider trading away our first two picks and next years' fourth in exchange for Joe Haden at number seven, if we could find a solid WR3 in exchange for Rhodes

I agree, and I will be more than happy with a CB and WR in the first two rounds. I think the edge rusher DE or OLB is greatly overrated and frankly not something that should be addressed day one. DE in this defense isn't so much a playmaker as a guy who takes up offensive linemen so others can make plays. A Richard Seymour only comes along once every ten years. And OLB? really? Pace is a stud and Thomas has been adequate so we can wait another year before we upgrade here. When Jenkins went down Pouha stepped up big time and with Kris coming back and Ellis healthy our front three are arguably the best front three of any 3-4 defense in the league.

I would even consider trading away our first two picks and next years' fourth in exchange for Joe Haden at number seven, if we could find a solid WR3 in exchange for Rhodes

I'm in total agreement here. I posted the same thing on another thread. One part I don't agree with though is the de department. We do need to get to the qb without all of the different stunts and exotic packages we bring. I like that we do, but we need just a beast on the edge that can beat his man clean and do some damage to the qb.

Archived