How Good were The Who!!!

JoeWillie

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read some negative reviews on twitter. I have to say (and I am not a fan of theirs) that I enjoyed the show. The stage was unreal, the way they lit it up just amazing.

And those guys in their 60's seem like they can still jam.

They looked like death and sounded worse.

:headbang:

That would make a great article. Who fans, the good news is the looked like death. The bad news is that they sounded worse.

My brother told me that the instruments are always pre-recorded. Just the singing is live. I didn't know that.

Sorry mate - that was one embarrassing show. They were dull and painful to watch. Everybody I was with were shocked how bad they were. Sad to see from a band that produced one of the top 10 albums - Who's Next - of all time. Where the hell did Roger's neck go?

Bruce was OK. My favorite was U2 in 2001 (February 2002). That was beyond words.

U2 were great ... the whole 9/11 tribute was awesome that year.

I thought Springsteen was good last year, too ... Just wish he would have deep six'ed Working On A Dream for "Thunder Road" or "Badlands" ... that would have turned a very good performance into a great one.

Got a feeling next year will be Bon Jovi.

U2 were great ... the whole 9/11 tribute was awesome that year.

I thought Springsteen was good last year, too ... Just wish he would have deep six'ed Working On A Dream for "Thunder Road" or "Badlands" ... that would have turned a very good performance into a great one.

Got a feeling next year will be Bon Jovi.

Please no!

I believe it's at Cowboy's Stadium ...

Might see a Country act ....

Yeah, Super Bowl 45 will be in Arlington.

If a country act, who would it be? Carrie Underwood? Brad Paisley? Someone else?

Super Bowl 46- Indianapolis

Super Bowl 47- New Orleans

That would make a great article. Who fans, the good news is the looked like death. The bad news is that they sounded worse.

My brother told me that the instruments are always pre-recorded. Just the singing is live. I didn't know that.

Townsend's guitar was definitely not prerecorded.

I thought the show was fine, they started shaky but they picked it up. Daltrey can still belt. The scream in Won't Get Fooled Again was impressive as hell. Much more impressive than Reggie Wayne last night.

I read some negative reviews on twitter. I have to say (and I am not a fan of theirs) that I enjoyed the show. The stage was unreal, the way they lit it up just amazing.

And those guys in their 60's seem like they can still jam.

I thought the show was good, but their voices were terrible. Not sure if that had to due with the actual place they had to sing in. Nice to hear their old songs though.

Being from the "old school", I thought it was great to see these guys perform at such a high level given their age...were they the "Who" of the past? No, of course not, but compared to some of the crap they've been rolling out at the SB half time shows, they were just fine.

And without naming names, one of the posters in this thread critiquing thier performance needs to take a look in the mirror and eat a burger or two before death comes a knocking...just saying.

Yeah, Super Bowl 45 will be in Arlington.

If a country act, who would it be? Carrie Underwood? Brad Paisley? Someone else?

Guys, you're forgetting that Bon Jovi IS country these days. Or at least he's TRYING to be:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2007-06-13-bon-jovi_N.htm

Bon Jovi? A country act?

Sounds like a good time to head out to the store to refresh the supplies. I couldn't stand Bon Jovi when he thought he was a rocker.

Archived