Deadliest Catch Skipper dies...

Jetsfan1015

RIP

http://blogs.abcnews.com/nightlinedailyline/2010/02/rip-captain-phil-harris-deadliest-catch-.html

RIP Captain Phil Harris, 'Deadliest Catch'

February 10, 2010 3:11 PM

PrintRSSE-mailShare this blog entry with friends

FacebookTwitterRedditMore

Captain Phil Harris, fisherman in charge of the Cornelia Marie on the popular Discovery Channel show "Deadliest Catch," passed away late yesterday nearly two weeks after suffering a stroke on Jan. 29.

Harris was 53.

Sons Jake and Josh Harris posted this statement to their father's Web site:

"It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad -- Captain Phil Harris. Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end. For us and the crew, he was someone who never backed down. We will remember and celebrate that strength. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers."

Harris was featured in a "Nightline" profile that took you inside the dangerous world of Alaskan King Crab fishing in May 2008. You can see a part of the video by clicking here or the entire episode by clicking here.

Embedded below is the "World News Now" report from the overnight on his death.

i heard about this yesterday. Deadliest Catch is one of my favorite shows on TV. I cant say that im surprised though. Capt. Phil lived off of cigarettes, coffee, and Red Bull.

I didn;t think he was going to survive the episode where he broke the ribs and couldn;t breathe. Dude lived ruff. RIP Captian. Phil.

Archived