~~~***Official Winter Olympics Thread***~~~

vanDoug

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For The Record: I would never want Cindy Crosby on the Red Wings.

Of course you're saying that. But we all know the reason you hate him so much and we also know you'd be worshiping him if he was on Detroit. So your posts are empty.

Of course you're saying that. But we all know the reason you hate him so much and we also know you'd be worshiping him if he was on Detroit. So your posts are empty.

Since 1995, the Detroit Red Wings have been in 6 Stanley Cup Finals and have won 4 of them...believe it or not, they did not have Sidney Crosby for any of the wins. Crosby is a good player, but he's also a douchebag. Deal with it.

Since 1995, the Detroit Red Wings have been in 6 Stanley Cup Finals and have won 4 of them...believe it or not, they did not have Sidney Crosby for any of the wins.

And? What does that have anything to do with this thread? Did anyone say a team can't win a Cup without Crosby? The Devils have appeared in four Stanley Cup Finals, winning three, and didn't have Sidney Crosby for any of the wins. So long as we're throwing random facts out there...

It's just sad that you're so overcome with jealousy that you can't respect a great player.

And? What does that have anything to do with this thread? Did anyone say a team can't win a Cup without Crosby? The Devils have appeared in four Stanley Cup Finals, winning three, and didn't have Sidney Crosby for any of the wins. So long as we're throwing random facts out there...

It's just sad that you're so overcome with jealousy that you can't respect a great player.

LOL Yeah, it's jealousy. Comical. How about the fact he's a crybaby and Gary Bettman's bitch. ? Try that one on for size

LOL Yeah, it's jealousy. Comical. How about the fact he's a crybaby and Gary Bettman's bitch. ? Try that one on for size

You're the crybaby here. All you're doing is throwing a temper tantrum about how you're so upset about Crosby. You've even turned to "he's a homo!" Original as always. I see more crying and whining from the Crosby-bashers than I've ever seen from Crosby himself.

Crosby is a a very taleneted player. And there's the BUTs-

ou haven't died and gone to Hell until your team faces the Pens in a playoff series.

Crosby is still a whiny jerk who cries to refs and did early in his career habitually dive. He did very little in this tournament until this goal, though in fairness that is trademark of great players, you don't notice them until they kill you.

For reasons known only to himself, ahole commissioner for life Bettman did not re-lotto the draft after the lockout, so he basically gave Crosby and the Pens another superstar, Genio Malkin, which is probably why I hate Bettman and the Pens. The Pens did nothing to merit this, since there hadn't been a hockey season. Other teams should have again been allowed to have a shot, instead Bettman put his finger on the scale. There was no reason to do this, unless Bettman's relationship with Pens ownership, ROn Burkle, led him to do so. He played favorites with his buddy. This is the same genius who thought a strike to push an NBA-style cap would save the SUn Belt teams Bettman stupidly put there in the first place. We now know these teams are still failing, and failing because spare Dallas, Colorado, San Jose and the 2 LA teams, the rest of the west/south expansion was a huge mistake.

ou haven't died and gone to Hell until your team faces the Pens in a playoff series.

Crosby is still a whiny jerk who cries to refs and did early in his career habitually dive. He did very little in this tournament until this goal, though in fairness that is trademark of great players, you don't notice them until they kill you.

For reasons known only to himself, ahole commissioner for life Bettman did not re-lotto the draft after the lockout, so he basically gave Crosby and the Pens another superstar, Genio Malkin, which is probably why I hate Bettman and the Pens. The Pens did nothing to merit this, since there hadn't been a hockey season. Other teams should have again been allowed to have a shot, instead Bettman put his finger on the scale. There was no reason to do this, unless Bettman's relationship with Pens ownership, ROn Burkle, led him to do so. He played favorites with his buddy. This is the same genius who thought a strike to push an NBA-style cap would save the SUn Belt teams Bettman stupidly put there in the first place. We now know these teams are still failing, and failing because spare Dallas, Colorado, San Jose and the 2 LA teams, the rest of the west/south expansion was a huge mistake.

I'm not a hockey follower so I'm trying to catch up...The pens had the first pick duringa normal season, then they went on strike the next season and got another first pick? If that's right, that's ****ed up.

It was a great game to watch, i don't know why but i was cheering more for the candadians...having them at home and being such a big hockey country, it was nice to see them win.

Great game though, i almost wish i did watch hockey because it is so intense.

Lots of whining in here.:)

Yep, break out the cheese.

Crosby is great for hockey and the NHL.

My only regret is that he's not American. If he was, the US would have the gold.

The US hasn't produced in this generation a truly great hockey player. Other contries have.

I'm not a hockey follower so I'm trying to catch up...The pens had the first pick duringa normal season, then they went on strike the next season and got another first pick? If that's right, that's ****ed up.

No.

From Wikipedia:

The loss of the 2004

Well, that was great fun, truly an amazing experience. If any of you get the opportunity to visit or be part of anything like this, it's a blast.

The U.S. did way better than expected, I think SI had you coming in 3rd place in the medal standings and you ended up getting the more medals than any country, well done. If there's such a thing as winning the Olympics, the U.S. did it. I like to think that anybody that takes home something positive from this experience, even if it's just a memory is a winner too. I'm very proud that Canada broke the winter Olympics record for most gold medals by a country.

Today things more or less return to normal around here. On March 12th the Paralympics start up. They too will have opening and closing ceremonies and a half dozen or so sports. Sadly you won't hear much about these dedicated athletes who train very hard and have supportive families, friends etc. There are some real great stories in these people.

If anything you saw on TV about this area interests you enough to visit Vancouver, Whistler, etc. and you want information or advice on coming here, please ask. It's the least I can do for the great tips you folks gave me on my trip to NYC last Sept.

cheers,

d

I read a very touching story in SI recently about two athletes (a man and a woman) who got diseases (one was a tumor), but fought and fought so they could compete in Beijing. The reason they got tied together was, amazingly enough, they died on the same day. Their names were Marin Morrison and Nick Scandone. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1163721/index.htm

Well, that was great fun, truly an amazing experience. If any of you get the opportunity to visit or be part of anything like this, it's a blast.

The U.S. did way better than expected, I think SI had you coming in 3rd place in the medal standings and you ended up getting the more medals than any country, well done. If there's such a thing as winning the Olympics, the U.S. did it. I like to think that anybody that takes home something positive from this experience, even if it's just a memory is a winner too. I'm very proud that Canada broke the winter Olympics record for most gold medals by a country.

Today things more or less return to normal around here. On March 12th the Paralympics start up. They too will have opening and closing ceremonies and a half dozen or so sports. Sadly you won't hear much about these dedicated athletes who train very hard and have supportive families, friends etc. There are some real great stories in these people.

If anything you saw on TV about this area interests you enough to visit Vancouver, Whistler, etc. and you want information or advice on coming here, please ask. It's the least I can do for the great tips you folks gave me on my trip to NYC last Sept.

cheers,

d

vanDoug, You are so much more gracious than the Canadians that post on my other forum.. Good God there is such animosity. I don't understand it, we're neighbors! :)

Anyway, I was impressed by the images of Vancouver. It looks spectacular. I'd love to visit someday.

I think Canada would've been happy with just their hockey Golds! lol

Lol, Bugg, just stay out of NHL discussions, cause you don't know what you're talking about. Malkin was taken the year before Crosby, and BEFORE the lockout even happened. You're just making yourself look like a fool parroting this misinformation.

Lol, Bugg, just stay out of NHL discussions, cause you don't know what you're talking about. Malkin was taken the year before Crosby, and BEFORE the lockout even happened. You're just making yourself look like a fool parroting this misinformation.

the worst part was he claimed that Bettman did not "relotto the draft", whatever the hell that means.

As can easily be seen by looking at the 2004 and 2005 drafts, the orders were radically different.

Because of Crosby, the 2005 lottery was heavily scrutinized. Every team had a chance of securing the #1 pick (the teams with three lottery balls were Pittsburgh, the Rangers, Buffalo, and Columbus), and it was a snake draft, meaning Pittsburgh second selection was 61st overall.

So I'm wrong.

Crosby, while talented, is still a whiny jerk.

Bettman has still run the NHL into the ground and made Crosby the focus of his marketing(and given the Olympic goal, that may not be a bad thing to attract causal fans, if only for a while). Which is great if you're trying to sell hockey in Pittsburgh, where the Pens even before Crosby often outdrew the Pirates.

And the draft after the lockout was in fact an abortion.

I read a very touching story in SI recently about two athletes (a man and a woman) who got diseases (one was a tumor), but fought and fought so they could compete in Beijing. The reason they got tied together was, amazingly enough, they died on the same day. Their names were Marin Morrison and Nick Scandone. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1163721/index.htm

Wow. That sure put some things into perspective for me today. Thanks Lurker.

So I'm wrong.

Very wrong, yes.

Bettman has still run the NHL into the ground and made Crosby the focus of his marketing

And that's Crosby's fault? I see.

And the draft after the lockout was in fact an abortion.
You've given no reason for that other than claiming that the NHL gave the Penguins the #1 pick again without "relottoing". Two problems were pointed out to you:

1)The Penguins did not have the #1 pick the year before the lockout.

2)There was a lottery and every team had at least one lottery ball.

You've already proven you have no idea what happened in the 2005 draft other than the Penguins drafted #1 and got Crosby. So how would you know whether it was an abortion or not? I guess it was for you because the Penguins got Crosby, regardless of how it was run?

Wow. That sure put some things into perspective for me today. Thanks Lurker.

No problem. :)

It's more difficult to read there than it was in SI because of all the pages you have to click, but maybe there's a printable version or something?

Very wrong, yes.

And that's Crosby's fault? I see.

You've given no reason for that other than claiming that the NHL gave the Penguins the #1 pick again without "relottoing". Two problems were pointed out to you:

1)The Penguins did not have the #1 pick the year before the lockout.

2)There was a lottery and every team had at least one lottery ball.

You've already proven you have no idea what happened in the 2005 draft other than the Penguins drafted #1 and got Crosby. So how would you know whether it was an abortion or not? I guess it was for you because the Penguins got Crosby, regardless of how it was run?

Seriously. The Pens only had a 6.25% chance of getting the Crosby pick in the lottery, but it wasn't fair? :rolleyes:

Archived