Javier Vasquez

Maxman

Do you view him as the # 4 or # 5 starter for the Yankees? They keep saying # 4 but if everyone else is firing on all cylinders he could be the 5th. And yes with injuries he can be higher than that.

I just love this move though. A guy that eats up innings. A competitor with talent. He hasn't hit his upper limit. And the best part is he doesn't have to because the expectations are low.

What do you think?

Do you view him as the # 4 or # 5 starter for the Yankees? They keep saying # 4 but if everyone else is firing on all cylinders he could be the 5th. And yes with injuries he can be higher than that.

I just love this move though. A guy that eats up innings. A competitor with talent. He hasn't hit his upper limit. And the best part is he doesn't have to because the expectations are low.

What do you think?

I wasn't crazy about the move when it was made but realizing that a lot of teams don't use their #5 in the post season eased the blow. He's proven himself to be incapable of stepping up in big spots but I still think you have to give him at least one start in the post season in case he pulls his head out of his ass much like A-Rod did this past season. I still hate what he and Kevin Brown teamed up to accomplish vs. Boston, but these are different circustances so he may not kill us like he did last time.

I wasn't crazy about the move when it was made but realizing that a lot of teams don't use their #5 in the post season eased the blow. He's proven himself to be incapable of stepping up in big spots but I still think you have to give him at least one start in the post season in case he pulls his head out of his ass much like A-Rod did this past season. I still hate what he and Kevin Brown teamed up to accomplish vs. Boston, but these are different circustances so he may not kill us like he did last time.

If everyone else steps up he might not be needed in the postseason at all. Different expectations big time.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived