Antrel Rolle

Ghost

Would anyone want this guy? I'm not sure if we can sign him or not, but I would definitely take him over Rhodes.

Cardinals | Rolle could get released

Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:25:12 -0800

Darren Urban, of AZCardinals.com, speculates Arizona Cardinals S Antrel Rolle might be released from the team. Rolle is due a $4 million roster bonus.

http://www.kffl.com/team/6/nfl

Why would you take him over Rhodes? What just gives you so much confidence he's an upgrade? What has Antrell done to merit such attention?

For starters, in this upcoming offseason, we are pretty handcuffed with what moves we can make. So when solid players are available, it's just smart to do your due diligence on the player and see what benefit he could have for a team.

Also, he's a solid safety, albeit unspectacular, but it would allow us to use Rhodes as a bargaining chip to get another piece. I don't think he's necessarily better than Rhodes, but if getting him allows us to move Rhodes for a player or pick, which will help our team as a whole, than I'm all for it.

Ya can't be shortsighted when thinking about moves like these. You need to see what it allows us to do in addition to taking up a roster spot. I would say Rolle + 3rd (or whatever you can get for Rhodes) > Rhodes.

For starters, in this upcoming offseason, we are pretty handcuffed with what moves we can make. So when solid players are available, it's just smart to do your due diligence on the player and see what benefit he could have for a team.

Also, he's a solid safety, albeit unspectacular, but it would allow us to use Rhodes as a bargaining chip to get another piece. I don't think he's necessarily better than Rhodes, but if getting him allows us to move Rhodes for a player or pick, which will help our team as a whole, than I'm all for it.

Ya can't be shortsighted when thinking about moves like these. You need to see what it allows us to do in addition to taking up a roster spot. I would say Rolle + 3rd (or whatever you can get for Rhodes) > Rhodes.

That is crazy imo. A 3rd round draft pick is a crap shoot. (as they all are I guess). Bottom line is Rhodes is BETTER than Rolle. To boot, getting a 3rd for Rhodes is even less likely. More realistic is more like a 4th.

If this is true, then it would certainly be in the Jets best interest to sign Rolle for no compensation, and trade Rhodes for a 3rd. No?

maybe... it depends how we look at it... rolle will demand more money than the 2 or 3 mil kerry is owed...

also it's questionable what Kerry Rhodes' value is on the trade market. Randy Moss only was worth a 4... these things cannot be easily determined.

on the plus side if the Jets trade Kerry out of the conference and sign Rolle that could really screw with the Dolphins... so there's that.

maybe... it depends how we look at it... rolle will demand more money than the 2 or 3 mil kerry is owed...

also it's questionable what Kerry Rhodes' value is on the trade market. Randy Moss only was worth a 4... these things cannot be easily determined.

on the plus side if the Jets trade Kerry out of the conference and sign Rolle that could really screw with the Dolphins... so there's that.

Thas could be tough. I doubt that the Cardinals will just go with Rolle and trade him for Kerry. Kerry is not worth as much. We will need to include, perhaps a 3rd or 4th round pick with him. If we do get Rolle that will not just screw up the Dolphins, but many teams in the league.

Thas could be tough. I doubt that the Cardinals will just go with Rolle and trade him for Kerry. Kerry is not worth as much. We will need to include, perhaps a 3rd or 4th round pick with him. If we do get Rolle that will not just screw up the Dolphins, but many teams in the league.

The major point was that he's likely to be cut, thus not costing picks or players.

That is crazy imo. A 3rd round draft pick is a crap shoot. (as they all are I guess). Bottom line is Rhodes is BETTER than Rolle. To boot, getting a 3rd for Rhodes is even less likely. More realistic is more like a 4th.

What's so crazy about it?? Signing a player, who is roughly the same talent level as our current safety, so as we can trade the incumbent, who doesn't seem to be giving 100%, for another piece to add to our team sounds pretty smart to me.

I mentioned a pick instead of a trade, because I had zero trades in mind. The bottom line is, that if we are negotiating under the assumption that Rolle and Rhodes are about equal (which I am) than a Rolle + whatever we can get for Rhodes is >> Rhodes.

Just looking at ways to add to our team, when we are sort of hamstrung in what we can do.

What's so crazy about it?? Signing a player, who is roughly the same talent level as our current safety, so as we can trade the incumbent, who doesn't seem to be giving 100%, for another piece to add to our team sounds pretty smart to me.

I mentioned a pick instead of a trade, because I had zero trades in mind. The bottom line is, that if we are negotiating under the assumption that Rolle and Rhodes are about equal (which I am) than a Rolle + whatever we can get for Rhodes is >> Rhodes.

Just looking at ways to add to our team, when we are sort of hamstrung in what we can do.

Yeah I hear ya but I firmly disagree that Rolle is better or as good as Rhodes. Rolle is overrated and will be looking for a big contract.

I really don't give a damn how talented Kerry Rhodes is, he's not playing like he cares. And when you don't give good effort then it doesn't matter how talented you are.

Even someone like a David Garrard who CARES is better than a Peyton Manning that doesn't.

Look what Kerry Rhodes did all season... nothing. People don't make a big deal about Jim Leonhard, and yet Jim Leonhard did more in the playoffs than Kerry Rhodes did ALL YEAR.

Why? He may be less talented but he gives a damn!

Where were Kerry Rhodes impact plays all year? I don't think he had a single sack, interception, fumble recovery or forced fumble until week 12 or so. That's pathetic.

Don't get started on "intangibles", telling me what Rhodes done "can't be seen". That's exactly the way Revis plays and yet you didn't need to see his 6 or whatever picks to tell he was making a HUGE difference, because he was locking guys up, sticking to his man, hitting them hard. When did you see KR do that all year?

Kerry had two gimme picks, maybe two that weren't. One onside kick recovery.

Other than that all he was doing was being soft, letting running backs bounce off of him, tapping wide receivers so that other hard working players could make the tackle, etc.

I barely watched Rolle all year but I'd probably take him over Kerry.

"I want players that want to win!"

Can he come up and make a tackle? cause I see no point in trading in one soft ***** for another one. I haven't seen much of him and the highlights I can find are his picks/returns. I will say he looks a hell of a lot better with the ball in his hands then Kerry "I'm running with a 15 pound turd in my pants" Rhodes.

Some of you guys are pathetic. We're talking about Kerry Rhodes here. I can name you plenty of games where this guy just avoided a tackle or got ran over. Anyone remember the Thursday Night Game on NFLN where he totally avoided Lynch's hit? He's a *****. We need someone who can hit back there.

Some of you guys are pathetic. We're talking about Kerry Rhodes here. I can name you plenty of games where this guy just avoided a tackle or got ran over. Anyone remember the Thursday Night Game on NFLN where he totally avoided Lynch's hit? He's a *****. We need someone who can hit back there.

I can point out plenty of times Leonard got ran over too... it happens. Still the Jets managed to cobble together the league's best defense.

I can point out plenty of times Leonard got ran over too... it happens. Still the Jets managed to cobble together the league's best defense.

Leonhard is one of the most consistent players on the entire team. Rhodes on the other hand, is the total opposite.

Archived