ESPN suspends Tony Kornheiser over Hanah Storm remarks

Matt39

sorry Garb, I am pretty sure Tony made the comments on his local radio show. That's what his show is and always has been about - ESPN knew this going in. He complains, he makes fun of things (including himself), and talks about daily life.

I am not a fan, but I used to listen before PTI + MNF when he was a little more grounded. That outfit is hideous, nothing wrong with pointing it out. He didn't even make a personal attack.

The world has gone way too soft and too PC. For kicks you ought to read the emperor's new clothes. it may change your opinion.

exactly.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you're taking this a little too seriously.

Nah, not really.

Cornhole knew he f'd up after he said. ESPN knew he f'd up as well.

I agree with Cornhole and ESPN on this. Cornhole f'd up.

I'm challenging those who think there was nothing wrong with what he said. In any workplace situation it's 100% wrong. He got suspended. It's not like he got fired over it.

Nah, not really.

I'm challenging those who think there was nothing wrong with what he said. In any workplace situation it's 100% wrong. He got suspended. It's not like he got fired over it.

The only thing wrong is that more women aren't wearing the FMBs

Nah, not really.

Actually from my understanding is that he got suspended for his comments on Berman:

"I know I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, like if I point out that people say that they lost 50 or 60 pounds have actually gained all the weight back..." (Co-host interrupts: "And then some. Gained the weight back, back, back, back.")

Meanwhile he already had apologized publicly to Hannah Storm. His comments about her were unnecessary. Plus it's not like Tony Combover is gonna bag a 50 year old that looks like Hannah Storm. I never liked the guy.

The cut and dried part is that if ESPN employees aren't supposed to disparage other ESPN employees, than thems the breaks for one of the ugliest men alive. There's really no room for opinion if that's truly the case. Your boss says a, b, c and you sign on the dotted line, you abide by a, b, c. As long as abc isn't violating someone's civil rights, of course.

Heh, this reminds me of the empty arguments some people had when Terrell Owens got his walking papers in Philadelphia.

The cut and dried part is that if ESPN employees aren't supposed to disparage other ESPN employees, than thems the breaks for one of the ugliest men alive. There's really no room for opinion if that's truly the case. Your boss says a, b, c and you sign on the dotted line, you abide by a, b, c. As long as abc isn't violating someone's civil rights, of course.

Heh, this reminds me of the empty arguments some people had when Terrell Owens got his walking papers in Philadelphia.

+1

Not ours. I've heard worse from judges before and I'd expect to hear it again if some broad showed up in a getup like that.

Funny, I was thinking along those same lines because of our profession. But that's court.

Women and men are expected to dress a certain way when they go to court. You and I know that. But HS isn't going to court.

I know many female attorneys who dress one way at the office and another when going to court. Heck, the men in my office do the same. It's business casual when at the office and dark suits in court.

Funny, I was thinking along those same lines because of our profession. But that's court.

Women and men are expected to dress a certain way when they go to court. You and I know that. But HS isn't going to court.

I know many female attorneys who dress one way at the office and another when going to court. Heck, the men in my office do the same. It's business casual when at the office and dark suits in court.

It's not just court. We're talking about the majority of grownup jobs. Coming to work dressed as a whore clown is a bigger violation of decorum than is pointing out that one of your colleagues has done so. Let's be serious, because there's no point to having liberal cred beyond reproach if you're not going to swing on this ticky-tack PC horse**** people pull to cover for their own worst impulses. Kornheiser is a guy so he's accountable and Storm is a girl so she's coddled. Does no one see what's wrong here?

It's not just court. We're talking about the majority of grownup jobs. Coming to work dressed as a whore clown is a bigger violation of decorum than is pointing out that one of your colleagues has done so. Let's be serious, because there's no point to having liberal cred beyond reproach if you're not going to swing on this ticky-tack PC horse**** people pull to cover for their own worst impulses. Kornheiser is a guy so he's accountable and Storm is a girl so she's coddled. Does no one see what's wrong here?

I do. I think it's ridiculous that ESPN treats her like she's a 10 when she's clearly a 7 at best. And don't even get me started on the oompa loompa that Phillips got caught with.

You're an attorney? I'd say Kornheiser is 100% accountable if it's in his contract, which I've yet to see anyone know for sure. If so, all the rest is strictly opinion and nothing more. I think that's far more the point here.

You're an attorney? I'd say Kornheiser is 100% accountable if it's in his contract, which I've yet to see anyone know for sure. If so, all the rest is strictly opinion and nothing more. I think that's far more the point here.

That's only if you think the contractual prohibition on mouthing off about the other talent is anything more than pretext.

But HS isn't dressed like a "whore clown" and she's working on a TV show. What she is wearing in that video clip is not different from what women wear to the office in Manhattan.

She's not wearing a miniskirt and she's not popping out cleavage. That's pretty much the office guidelines in the city when "business casual" is the norm.

"Skin is a sin" is the motto. She's not showing much skin, so she's good to go in the "majority of grownup jobs."

That's only if you think the contractual prohibition on mouthing off about the other talent is anything more than pretext.
So then why not stroll around naked at the water cooler? I get you, but here's a sieve, because the water in your contentions aren't holding up in then end. Not trying to bust balls, but you can't have it both ways.

But HS isn't dressed like a "whore clown" and she's working on a TV show. What she is wearing in that video clip is not different from what women wear to the office in Manhattan.

She's not wearing a miniskirt and she's not popping out cleavage. That's pretty much the office guidelines in the city when "business casual" is the norm.

"Skin is a sin" is pretty much the motto. She's not showing much skin, so she's good to go in the "majority of grownup jobs."

Okay. I haven't watched the video or seen the outfit, I just saw what Kornheiser said. Even if the comments didn't factually apply, that doesn't make them objectionable, just dumb. And more funny, of course.

Lzpk5dMhVE4

So then why not stroll around naked at the water cooler? I get you, but here's a sieve, because the water in your contentions aren't holding up in then end. Not trying to bust balls, but you can't have it both ways.

This is incoherent. ESPN is using the prohibition on badmouthing other talent, which has been selectively enforced in the past, as pretext for punishing Kornheiser for the actual content of what he said, which is perceived by dumb people to be sexist. I don't know what walking around naked has to do with anything or what you were shooting for with all the water stuff.

This is incoherent. ESPN is using the prohibition on badmouthing other talent, which has been selectively enforced in the past, as pretext for punishing Kornheiser for the actual content of what he said, which is perceived by dumb people to be sexist. I don't know what walking around naked has to do with anything or what you were shooting for with all the water stuff.
No, it isn't. Reading comprehension is good.

Those boots wouldn't look hideous when they're hoisted up on my shoulders.

Yep. And the only thing wrong with that skirt is that it's not crumpled up on the floor next to my bed. :D

Damn, I should have gotten here earlier. I guess I'll go with the blouse, which will come in handy when cleaning up the "mess"

Damn, I should have gotten here earlier. I guess I'll go with the blouse, which will come in handy when cleaning up the "mess"

Then i'll go with the bra and panties (thong im sure) and when her and I are done I will sell them to highest bidder in the new JetNation.com classified section----:shutit:

geez.. all of these fashion experts here.. amazing ..i didnt know. :lol: remind me to ask advice the next time i want to go out..

funny.. i thought red go-go boots and a short plaid school would be something you guys would like... the criticism is funny.

i guess you are more into orthopedics and sweat pants... :lol:

hannah storm rocks. she is very attractive.

i would say tony is a peckerhead but that is an insult to peckerheads.

ESPN pays Kornheiser to be irreverent and make comments on both sport and social aspects.

Unfortunately, ESPN does not exist in a vacuum outside of its own boundaries. To exclude commentary that occurs within your own domain, particularly when you tout yourself as "world wide leader in...", is hypocritical thinking.

If Kornheiser made the remark about a FoxNews anchor, I doubt a suspension happens.

Is it nice to comment negatively about someone you work with? Of course not. But in the "entertainment" spectrum that ESPN paints itself in, it falls in the realm of fair game.

Is it possible that ESPN has gone overboard based on some of their very real problems (sexism, elitism, the unfortunate Erin Andrews situation, Steve Phillips, etc), that they have knee jerked on a reaction?

Nothing wrong about what she was wearing. He went way over the line, it's not about being PC it's about having a professional work place. I would have fired him on the spot.

It's bad enough that in companies that aren't in the public spotlight that douche bags make these comments at the coffee machine about fellow workers. To do it on air when you're in the media business is a violation of professional ethics.

If she was dressed like a whore and went on air believe me there would be repercussions for her. She probably ends up with the morning gig at Fox.

Archived