Jets still haven't re-signed Jay Feely!?

<3MarkSanchezGirl6<3

Queue up the Falcons game. It shows Feely in all his glory!

Better than that wasted draft pick out of Ohio State who was going to be "a can't miss". What a joke that was; he was supposed to be groomed for the Meadow Lands...kicking in the weather, big crowds, etc. You just never know. Speaking about another Ohio State product, how is Mr. Gholston doing? Another freaking bust...:bag:

Better than that wasted draft pick out of Ohio State who was going to be "a can't miss". What a joke that was; he was supposed to be groomed for the Meadow Lands...kicking in the weather, big crowds, etc. You just never know. Speaking about another Ohio State product, how is Mr. Gholston doing? Another freaking bust...:bag:

Oh yeah. How's the other Mr. Ohio state doing? Mr Mangold, Probowler, best damn center in the AFC. Thats all the optimism I have in me, I hope you enjoyed it.

jay feely missed 2 kicks in a dome in the Jets biggest game since 1998.

2 weeks later in the super bowl, some no name kid hit 3 key field goals outside... and he wasn't even on their team the whole year.

They can do better.

i believe it was AEC who mentioned the final 8 rule, if someone gives Feely a big stupid contract that allows the Jets to sign a free agent of similar value.

I like Feely a whole lot as a kicker (including #2 punter) and he's a genuine additional play maker as a ST player, but we're semi hosed with the final 8 and uncapped season restrictions. If him leaving allows us to sign Rhodes replacement or other D backfield help - I'm all about it.

I like Feely a whole lot as a kicker (including #2 punter) and he's a genuine additional play maker as a ST player, but we're semi hosed with the final 8 and uncapped season restrictions. If him leaving allows us to sign Rhodes replacement or other D backfield help - I'm all about it.

Rhodes isn't going anywhere so we will not be signing a replacement.

Yea but I think Feely's the best kicker for us.

Rhodes replacement? No, but I agree with the overall premise.

If Feely signs another $1.5M contract somewhere else, the Jets can sign a UFA for that amount. Basically a depth/special teams player, but the Jets could use those guys, too.

If Feely signs another $1.5M contract somewhere else, the Jets can sign a UFA for that amount. Basically a depth/special teams player, but the Jets could use those guys, too.

Exactly, but you're unlikely to get a starting quality safety for that amount. Which is also part of the reason why Rhodes stays put.

I also think that Rex got him on board at the end of last season and he should be better moving forward.

Do you really think there is a better safety available right now? Name them.

And if there was, we wouldn't be able to sign him for the same contract that Jay Feely or James Dearth or any of our other UFAs will get.

It'll be tricky finding someone who doesn't let anybody behind him when he's 10 yrds off the ball in designated deep coverage or that can waltz in clean on the uncovered blitz. It'll be next to impossible to find someone as crafty as The Vag formerly known as KR in making sure you're almost never burnt on tape - but consequently aren't really stopping the opponents from moving the chains.

Did you miss the Chad might be back threads? Do a search - you'll probably like those too.

NJ,

Rhodes had a bad year. Maybe he couldn't find his role in this system, maybe he was too busy worrying about his next movie role. Whatever it was, he did play better at the end of the year. You don't just dump a guy with the play making ability he's shown in the past for nothing, after one sub par season. Particularly when you have restrictions on you in free agency.

NJ,

Rhodes had a bad year. Maybe he couldn't find his role in this system, maybe he was too busy worrying about his next movie role. Whatever it was, he did play better at the end of the year. You don't just dump a guy with the play making ability he's shown in the past for nothing, after one sub par season. Particularly when you have restrictions on you in free agency.

Don't want to mess up anymore of the Feely thread on this queef - see ya in the next Rhodes thread BJR -

The Colts fans at Lucas field kept saying to me, you guys are going to be good next year, just have to get a new kicker. Now that was one of his bad days. But let's not forgot the man did have a SNL skit in his honor for some big missed kicks in the past.

He is peaking now, had a very good year. Was that coaching or just maturity? It it was coaching the new kicker Nick had a great rookie year, maybe they just want to lose Feely to be able to sign a FA at another position.

jay feely missed 2 kicks in a dome in the Jets biggest game since 1998.

2 weeks later in the super bowl, some no name kid hit 3 key field goals outside... and he wasn't even on their team the whole year.

They can do better.

i believe it was AEC who mentioned the final 8 rule, if someone gives Feely a big stupid contract that allows the Jets to sign a free agent of similar value.

Ok this drives me crazy. Were you paying attention ALL YEAR? Dude was money game after game after game. Only missed 1 of those FGs in the Falcons game, I think.. the others were bad snaps.

They were a 42 and what, a 54? Those aren't chip shots. Sometimes you'll miss them. Were you paying attention when he hit every field goal in the previous two games?

How about when he hit a 42 and a 52 and then punted when both were calling back?

I mean seriously you're not getting the message here, guy was way above average on field goals.

You can always find someone who did better. So the hell what? About 25 QBs did better than Sanchez this year.. you wanna throw him out too?

Ok this drives me crazy. Were you paying attention ALL YEAR? Dude was money game after game after game. Only missed 1 of those FGs in the Falcons game, I think.. the others were bad snaps.

They were a 42 and what, a 54? Those aren't chip shots. Sometimes you'll miss them. Were you paying attention when he hit every field goal in the previous two games?

How about when he hit a 42 and a 52 and then punted when both were calling back?

I mean seriously you're not getting the message here, guy was way above average on field goals.

You can always find someone who did better. So the hell what? About 25 QBs did better than Sanchez this year.. you wanna throw him out too?

Wouldn't you say Sanchez play improved in the playoffs and rose to the occasion? I like that it shows me that the kid has some fight to him. Feely on the other hand missed one in a"must win" game against the falcons (at least it was at the time) and 2 huge misses in the playoff game against the colts which was as must win as they get.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth personally. I wouldn't mind him back but it better not be for some huge contract they can get about the same for less at this point.

All I can think of is that Rex has his heart set on a specific guy in free agency that him and Tannenbaum feel they can get signed for that initial amount with some creative accounting to follow. Maybe a Raven that's heading to free agency that he was deeply in love with? Every coach has those under-the-radar guys that they want on their clubs who they feel can be developed. In that scenario, they better be right about the player if they essentially traded Jay Feely for him. I'm sure Hannity sees this a liberal conspiracy. Damn libs!

Feely on the other hand missed one in a"must win" game against the falcons (at least it was at the time) and 2 huge misses in the playoff game against the colts which was as must win as they get.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth personally.

Dude - you just hate him because he's a frickin Wolverine. That makes my stomach turn too, but this guy is a baller in my book and was money all year and last year for us. One of those misses was on a bad snap which isn't as killer as bad placement - but plays into it. And the other one was 50 plus. I just wish he had better kick-off distance.

Still, if we can free up 1.5 - 2mm and clearance for a position player FA - I think we should roll it considering the restrictions.

Dude - you just hate him because he's a frickin Wolverine. That makes my stomach turn too,

Oh he is a wolverine? I didn't even realize that! ;)

But seriously I think he did pretty good this year, he just makes me nervous in big spots and I really think he is going to be after more money then the Jets should spend on a kicker of his skill level.

not all field goals are created equal. The proof of a kicker's clutch is not in the regular season... it's in the playoffs.

I dont think the Jets want to resign Feely at big money, only to have him crap the bed in another playoff situation.

as for Sanchez, if he played great all season and crap in the playoffs, that would be cause for concern. Instead he played crap all season and great in the playoffs, that's cause for hope.

Sanchez is trending up, Feely is trending down.

Jay Feely needs to take the stick out of his ass. He's debating Skip Bayless on first and 10 and he's getting on the Canadian women's hockey team for celebrating with champagne and beer after winning gold, talking about "Underage drinking" because there are several 18 yr olds on the team. He wants to be a politician, you would think he'd research the legal drinking age in Canada which is 18 before opening his yap.

Archived