Ok, I FINALLY admit it (Facebook)

JerryK

All my old long-lost friends I've reconnected with....are becoming annoying as hell, and largely an uninspiring band of pains in the ass.

Perhaps you've met them:

-The farmer: You would never buy a stupid farm-building kiddie game in real life, why are you so jacked about it at Facebook?

-The political nutjob: his 'status' is a big OooRah! everytime his team delivers a decisive blow to the evildoers - for jesus.

-The pillow-fighter: Jenny sent you a happy pillow with smiley-flowery-freshness.

-Miss post-everything: Update from 5min ago... Took 3 cleansing breaths and had a really good bm.

-Little Miss "verse-of-the-day": JerryKiah 1:21: "I can do all things with a chainsaw if you keep posting those verses."

-The mafia warrior: I have no clue what this is..but if you keep inviting me, I just might hire the REAL mafia.

All my old long-lost friends I've reconnected with....are becoming annoying as hell, and largely an uninspiring band of pains in the ass.

Perhaps you've met them:

-The farmer: You would never buy a stupid farm-building kiddie game in real life, why are you so jacked about it at Facebook?

-The political nutjob: his 'status' is a big OooRah! everytime his team delivers a decisive blow to the evildoers - for jesus.

-The pillow-fighter: Jenny sent you a happy pillow with smiley-flowery-freshness.

-Miss post-everything: Update from 5min ago... Took 3 cleansing breaths and had a really good bm.

-Little Miss "verse-of-the-day": JerryKiah 1:21: "I can do all things with a chainsaw if you keep posting those verses."

-The mafia warrior: I have no clue what this is..but if you keep inviting me, I just might hire the REAL mafia.

Worst, I think, is the complete and utter fakeness of it all. Oh, and why do people need constant validation? Makes me want to punch them, actually.

Perhaps you've met them:

Ah hahaha! This is an A+ post right here Jerry. Thank you for going there. I joined facebook a few months ago. I just can't get into it. I feel as if the wall thing is the gayest little piece of attention whoring maybe, I guess, ever.

I like that I can see how they are doing (big picture). Cool to see their wife and kids. But the day to day wall sayings and then everyone with the comments...anyway well done. You may take crap from some people for being a douche but I salute you, sir.

something told me not to join Facebook-I made the mistake of registering with Classmates.com-at my sister's insistence...Look, I KNOW how to get in touch with the people I care about from my past I could care less about meeting up with people I didn't even like when I was IN high school...

I joined a few months back -- I really only looked for a few old friends but thats it - I don't play the games and could care less if I do -- My opinion they have taken the word corny and have taken it to a new level. I mean " I wish Heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again" or " I can't help thinking of someone when listening to Taylor Swift" puhlease. and the countless Farmville requests -- The bad news Mrs. Slowmoe just joined and is totally addicted to Cafe World. and I agree with Garb - everyone seems incredibly nice -- too nice if yous ask me -- AKA FAKE.

Worst, I think, is the complete and utter fakeness of it all. Oh, and why do people need constant validation? Makes me want to punch them, actually.

I think Twitter is far worse for that.. the inane "I bought a new bikini" kind of posts that beg to be acknowledged with a "Let's see some pics" response. lol

This is why I only accept FB invites from family members and close friends. I actually care about what they're up to.

I think Twitter is far worse for that.. the inane "I bought a new bikini" kind of posts that beg to be acknowledged with a "Let's see some pics" response. lol

This is why I only accept FB invites from family members and close friends. I actually care about what they're up to.

Funny, you should say that. I like Twitter better. The inane crap goes away fast enough. FB - you have a million disingenuous replies. The absolute bullsh*t of it all drives me bananas. I visit FB to see what ridiculous video my niece has posted and to play the addictive Bejeweled Blitz - and no, I do not post scores. That's as bad as:

friend: little Owen said something so cute at breakfast today. He said his poopie looked like meatballs.

30 people like this

replies: oh, cute! kids are great! that's awesome! I love it when they are that age! A healthy poop, wonderful! Hope he doesn't eat it! Oh, you are blessed. a healthy bowl movement is good!

friend: Yoga tonight!

20 people like this

Replies: thats great! you go girl! wow, what determination! get flex! I want to try that someday! Wish you luck! Aren't you awesome!

friend: feeling good

80 people like this.

Replies: me too! I wish I was! Good for you! That's fantastic, you are blessed. Have a great day. Lucky! Wow!

friend: look at my pics from my trip (to the most boring place in the world).

100 friends like this

Replies: looks wonderful. Wow, the history! Nice pictures! Great vacation! Wow, lucky! Jealous! You are blessed.

freind: Today is another day

150 friends like this

Replies: yes! yup! my motto! great words. Make the most of it! You are truly blessed.

freind: headache

1 friend likes this - in error

replies: Oh no! Me too! advil! Hope is goes away! gee, noooo!! I'm am soooo sorry! Be well! Rest! Poor baby! I will pray for you! You are blessed.

The more facebook crap I see, the more I hate people. I didn't think it was possible! LOL!

You can hide all farmville and mafia updates quite easily, it made my life better, and I suggest you do it.

This, the first few weeks are a pain in the ass but once you get all that crap blocked it's not so bad.

I enjoy my Facebook. It allows me to keep in touch with family and friends without actually having to speak to them!

And this as well.

Overall I like it because it's like a personalized message board and you control who you interact with, although I do still get annoyed by the friend requests from people I barely ever knew or don't know at all.

Funny, you should say that. I like Twitter better. The inane crap goes away fast enough. FB - you have a million disingenuous replies. The absolute bullsh*t of it all drives me bananas. I visit FB to see what ridiculous video my niece has posted and to play the addictive Bejeweled Blitz - and no, I do not post scores. That's as bad as:

friend: little Owen said something so cute at breakfast today. He said his poopie looked like meatballs.

30 people like this

replies: oh, cute! kids are great! that's awesome! I love it when they are that age! A healthy poop, wonderful! Hope he doesn't eat it! Oh, you are blessed. a healthy bowl movement is good!

20 people like this

Replies: thats great! you go girl! wow, what determination! get flex! I want to try that someday! Wish you luck! Aren't you awesome!

80 people like this.

Replies: me too! I wish I was! Good for you! That's fantastic, you are blessed. Have a great day. Lucky! Wow!

100 friends like this

Replies: looks wonderful. Wow, the history! Nice pictures! Great vacation! Wow, lucky! Jealous! You are blessed.

150 friends like this

Replies: yes! yup! my motto! great words. Make the most of it! You are truly blessed.

replies: Oh no! Me too! advil! Hope is goes away! gee, noooo!! I'm am soooo sorry! Be well! Rest! Poor baby! I will pray for you! You are blessed.

The more facebook crap I see, the more I hate people. I didn't think it was possible! LOL!

:rl: T.. you kill me!!!!

How about the questionnaires and stuff like..

"30 things you didn't know about me", "What celebrity do you most resemble"...

Gosh how self serving.

i had one person who friended me who i went to college with and she acted like we were old buddies.. i had no idea who she was.. still dont. :lol:

i've been doing lyrics as my status ( what a big surprise :D )

I had that, too. A girl who remembered me well from college and i did not remember her at all. Turns out she's an avid Yankees fan, though, so I kept her.

I've blocked all that Farmville-Mafia-Pillow Fight-Bible verse **** and I like Facebook. T0mShane's updates are hilarious!

I enjoy my Facebook. It allows me to keep in touch with family and friends without actually having to speak to them!

And that's the real magic of the site. You can shut off all the annoying aspects of it and keep in touch with people you care about in a load less time than by phone or even e-mail. It's re-connected me with people that I had no other way of hooking up with and can stay somewhat current with them by taking a few minutes a month and browsing their posts and throwing one at them every now and then. Anyones comments that are excessive, political/religious rants, or has butterflies flying out of their azz 24/7 is out of sight in a mouse click.

It also amuses me when people complain about facebook. I feel like they never stop and think that maybe its not facebook, and its just the people they're friends with.

Let's be serious, nobody has 385 friends. Lol, good ol facebook. Whatever. As some people have stated, it is nice to see old friends and know they are safe and doing good.

It amazes me that people still don't know they can hide all those farmville updates.

I don't spend enough time on Facebook to know those kinds of nuances. I guess I'm a loser. :Banane43:

Let's be serious, nobody has 385 friends. Lol, good ol facebook. Whatever. As some people have stated, it is nice to see old friends and know they are safe and doing good.

Like.. omg.. I am SO popular. Look at all of these people that 'friend' me.. I don't know 90% of them but it makes me feel famous.

I don't spend enough time on Facebook to know those kinds of nuances. I guess I'm a loser. :Banane43:

Like.. omg.. I am SO popular. Look at all of these people that 'friend' me.. I don't know 90% of them but it makes me feel famous.

I noticed you haven't friended me yet. That makes me less famous. This situation MUST be rectified!

30 people like this

20 people like this

80 people like this.

100 friends like this

150 friends like this

Im with you on that one. I have a hard enough time in real life thinking of something worth saying when people show me or tell me stuff. Ive never been on Facebook and only signed up on Twitter but never actually tweeted.

Archived