The #1 Syracuse Orange...

gangreenman

• 4 weeks later...
I just cant believe its all over. Just like that. Unreal.

I can. With Arinze went the season. This loss did not shock me at all. Just an unfortunate ending, cause this team was better than this all season.

The chemistry without AO just wasn't there.

I can. With Arinze went the season. This loss did not shock me at all. Just an unfortunate ending, cause this team was better than this all season.

The chemistry without AO just wasn't there.

How can you say that? That gonzaga game was the best game they had played in months. They didn't lose last night b/c of the injury, they still should have beaten Butler.

How can you say that? That gonzaga game was the best game they had played in months. They didn't lose last night b/c of the injury, they still should have beaten Butler.

If you watched the Gonzaga game in comparison to the rest of the season, it was not the best game in months. They still had a lack of interior presence. You can get away with that against a soft ass team like the Zags -- if you hit your shots, which they were. Butler plays gritty defense and you aren't always gonna get wide open shots. No interior presence was the downfall. Needed Arinze down low. That's why I'm not surprised.

Rick Jackson has a lot of work to do over the summer.

If you watched the Gonzaga game in comparison to the rest of the season, it was not the best game in months. They still had a lack of interior presence. You can get away with that against a soft ass team like the Zags -- if you hit your shots, which they were. Butler plays gritty defense and you aren't always gonna get wide open shots. No interior presence was the downfall. Needed Arinze down low. That's why I'm not surprised.

Agreed. We beat Gonzaga because we consistently knocked down wide open 3's.

Butler is a quick, tough, in your face, gritty team...But they are a very small quick, tough, in your face, gritty team. We didnt need Rick to have a GREAT game last night...Hell, we didnt really even need him to have an OKAY game last night. All we needed him to do was establish himself in the post, catch the ball, and kick out to the shooters. Whenever the ball got down low the entire Butler defense collapsed and helped...Leaving our shooters wide open. Problem is, because Jackson had butter fingers, and got pushed around by a defender that was an inch shorter and at least 25lbs lighter than him, we could never get the ball down low in the first place.

If we had AO we would have definitely won. Hell, I think we would have won if Boeheim kept DaShonte Riley in the game for the remainder. We didn't play well at all but Boeheim also got outcoached by a 33 yr old coach who will more then likely be the head coach at DePaul, Seton Hall, or St Johns by the end of next week.

That's fine but you still had more than enough inside to beat a medicore Butler team. You had the much better team, you should have won the game.

That's fine but you still had more than enough inside to beat a medicore Butler team. You had the much better team, you should have won the game.

Boeheim sucks for the most part in the tournament. So, yeah.

4-11 in Sweet Sixteen games.

Mediocre? Really? If you've followed college basketball at all the last decade, Butler has been a perennial top 25 team. Sure, they took it to the next level this season, but Butler being "mediocre" has never been the case. "Mediocre" would describe the Heels' 2010 season. Was Butler "mediocre" when they knocked off K-State today?

You don't win 24-straight games, earn a 5-seed in the dance and reach the Final 4 if you're "mediocre". No reason to put down Syracuse by distorting the facts.

Mediocre? Really? If you've followed college basketball at all the last decade, Butler has been a perennial top 25 team. Sure, they took it to the next level this season, but Butler being "mediocre" has never been the case. "Mediocre" would describe the Heels' 2010 season. Was Butler "mediocre" when they knocked off K-State today?

You don't win 24-straight games, earn a 5-seed in the dance and reach the Final 4 if you're "mediocre". No reason to put down Syracuse by distorting the facts.

In a way he's right. If Rick Jackson had something close to an okay game Thrs night, Syracuse wins easily. All he had to do really was catch the ball within a couple feet of the paint, and pass it back out when the entire defense collapsed. We would have had wide open shots and our taller, more athletic wingmen could crash the boards...

Unfortunately Jackson dropped a ton of passes and did not catch the ball. When he did catch it, it was after he let the smaller, weaker, and less athletic Matt Howard push him way outside the paint where he was not comfortable, thus some poor shot selection and some mental errors in passing and dribbling.

We had the big presence to beat that Butler team... And while I didn't watch the KSU game, I watched every Syracuse game this year. We played like crap, and it wasnt as much due to Stevens as it was to Butler being lucky to catch us on an off day, without one of our starting big men.

Butler has a good program but this was probably the worst Butler team in the past few years. this was not a classic Butler team.

The heels in 2010 were worse than mediocre.

CBB in general is mediocre this year, this is by far the worst year in CBB that I have ever seen. Theit's why I expect the Tourney would be wide open and it has been. These 4 teams wouldn't have had a chance to make it in any of the few previous FFs. This duke team is worse than last year and last year they go humiliated in the Sweet 16, this MSU team is MUCH worse than a year ago and they find themselves back in the FF.

Butler lost to Clemson and Minnesota in non conf, the only quality team they beat all year was Ohio State WITHOUT Evan Turner(and the heels beat them WITH Evan Turner). 24 straight wins looks great but who did they beat until this past week?

Archived