Undercover Boss

drago

Since max started a TV show thread...

I have watched all of these but the first on (waste management). The show is pretty good, i like that the CEO's are taking the time to get to know what makes their company tick but why do they act so surprised when they see an employee doing a great job?

Every episode shows the CEO saying things like "wow, we just couldn't do it with him/her." During the 711 episdoe, one of the employees, working the late shift, satated that he doesn't consider this a career and that he didn't feel there was room to grow. The fact that the CEO was surprised was ridiculous. Of course there's not room to grow! You'd have to know someone in the front office to get away from the branch level!

Then after each show they throw money at the employees they met on their little trip. What about the rest of the employees? Are they this ignorant to assume that only the employees they met were worth anything?

It's a frustrating show but it is good entertainment.

I watched the 1st one -- Thought it was phoney and staged. But the over indulgence of booze during the Super Bowl may have triggered that thought.

i never got the staged feeling. Just the feeling that the bosses are playing overly dumb. The things they get surprised by are pretty routine. Like the CEO of hooters finding out that a manager has two kids she takes care of and has virtually no time for them. Give me a break...that happens in every restaurant in the country.

i never got the staged feeling. Just the feeling that the bosses are playing overly dumb. The things they get surprised by are pretty routine. Like the CEO of hooters finding out that a manager has two kids she takes care of and has virtually no time for them. Give me a break...that happens in every restaurant in the country.

Bosses in large corporations only care about the bottom line. Other peoples family time etc really means jack to them.

Sucks but thats how it is.

Bosses in large corporations only care about the bottom line. Other peoples family time etc really means jack to them.

Sucks but thats how it is.

I agree. If that is what the other poster meant by 'staged', then I would agree that the show is a bit staged. On the other hand, i think the CEO's prefer to look at it only in terms of numbers so that they don't feel any kind of obligation to the workers that make the company run. Kind of pathetic really.

Since max started a TV show thread...

I have watched all of these but the first on (waste management). The show is pretty good, i like that the CEO's are taking the time to get to know what makes their company tick but why do they act so surprised when they see an employee doing a great job?

Every episode shows the CEO saying things like "wow, we just couldn't do it with him/her." During the 711 episdoe, one of the employees, working the late shift, satated that he doesn't consider this a career and that he didn't feel there was room to grow. The fact that the CEO was surprised was ridiculous. Of course there's not room to grow! You'd have to know someone in the front office to get away from the branch level!

Then after each show they throw money at the employees they met on their little trip. What about the rest of the employees? Are they this ignorant to assume that only the employees they met were worth anything?

It's a frustrating show but it is good entertainment.

Now he does know someone and can grow... see there is a chance... even if small... ;)

Saw the promo for the Hooters version, was dying to know what the Manager made the girls do.

he made each of

them eat a plate of beans without using their hands

first to finish the whole plate got to go home early

Archived