kerry rhodes : to the bears ? ? ?

kelly

In Smith's scheme, the safeties often split the field in half. And given the struggles of the Bears current safeties, opposing teams would like pick on whoever is starting with Rolle, a Pro Bowl selection in 2009.

The other prominent safety that could be available is Kerry Rhodes, a 2006 all-pro who 15 career interceptions and six forced fumbles. Rhodes is a well-balanced player who has shown versatility in Rex Ryan's defense, which demands versatility from its players. But Rhodes fell out of favor with coaches in November - he got into a shouting match with his secondary coach - and he was benched for two games.

There have been suggestions that Ryan also hasn't been pleased with his focus on football. Rhodes acts, models and frequently appears on radio and television shows both locally and nationally.

For the Bears, however, Rhodes may be a cheaper and more versatile alternative to Rolle.

> http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2010...iate_from.html

The airwaves here in Chicago were full talk on Lovie's Combine proclamation about needing safety help. My immediate thought, of course, was - I have a cracker jack safety for you and the Bears. Just buy into his hype, look at his touchdowns allowed numbers, and make it happen. Rhode's sham could work here for half a season or so till he gets exposed as the fraud he is. But by that time the deal is done and he's not our problem.

The airwaves here in Chicago were full talk on Lovie's Combine proclamation about needing safety help. My immediate thought, of course, was - I have a cracker jack safety for you and the Bears. Just buy into his hype, look at his touchdowns allowed numbers, and make it happen. Rhode's sham could work here for half a season or so till he gets exposed as the fraud he is. But by that time the deal is done and he's not our problem.

Your hate for Rhodes really exposes your low football knowledge.

Trade Rhodes to the Bears and move Dwight Lowery to Rhodes' position.I believe that might even be an upgrade.Lowery's only drawback as a corner is his lack of speed,which he has plenty of to play safety.He is also a sure tackler and has been a ball hawk everywhere he has been.I think free safety is his ideal pro position.

Trade Rhodes to the Bears and move Dwight Lowery to Rhodes' position.I believe that might even be an upgrade.Lowery's only drawback as a corner is his lack of speed,which he has plenty of to play safety.He is also a sure tackler and has been a ball hawk everywhere he has been.I think free safety is his ideal pro position.

I'd say Lowery is too small to play safety, but we have someone like Jim Leonard playing that position. I just don't know about 2 small guys playing back there. Plus, we really are lacking at CB right now so just for experience purposes Lowery has to stay there for now.

Your hate for Rhodes really exposes your low football knowledge.

Pehaps, Biggie .... but your unrequited love for him confirms you should stick to places like the TMZ website where you can worship him and a slew of other pretenders who think they're talented.

Bottom Line AT BEST they would get a 3rd rounder for Rhodes. Which could potentially be the perfect spot to find a back-up RB to split carries with Greene. Rhodes is worth more and better than a back up RB.

When he actually tries to win, yes, of course. But he doesn't always try. In fact, he very rarely tries.

At least he's not a punk in the criminal sense but he's definitely a joker and a waste of the true talent that he has.

I think Kerry Rhodes will (and should) be on the Jets to open the 2011 season, but at the end of an article about TJ today in the Daily News, Rich Cimini does his usual speculation thing:

LETTING GO: As expected, the Jets will release CB Lito Sheppard on Friday, the Daily News confirmed. ... All quiet on the Kerry Rhodes front, but sources say issues remain between him and the coaching staff. The Jets still may try to trade him before March 12, when a $2 million roster bonus is due.

"Sources," "issues," ... I'm sure this'll raise some fans' hopes, I hope (suspect) it's BS.

Archived